Forums

Topic: Watch_Dogs for all systems

Posts 441 to 444 of 444

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
It is true that PS3 got some delayed and buggy games, early on, but that was like 6-8 years ago. Surely people wouldn't think that would be a common issue, anymore, but that still has more to do with said 3rd parties than it does consumers. It just feels like things haven't advanced very far from launch day. Peope were specifically giving Wii U criticism for getting games like this on launch day, because it failed to offer much, if anything over the Xbox 360 and PS3 version. Then, we see Ubisoft providing the same type of criticised support that they gave 2 years ago. It really makes the situation a non-issue, if you ask me, because it shows that standards haven't changed since Wii U launch.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

Sounds to me like people's expectations were to high, which is pretty funny cause that was part of the backlash after the initial release on other systems.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

Sounds to me like people's expectations were to high, which is pretty funny cause that was part of the backlash after the initial release on other systems.

Well, we can also figure that Ubisoft could have done a better job. I didn't expect Ubisoft to do a good job on the port. I just figured they would, but since they kind of didn't, I'll just wait until the price is lower, I could buy a handful of other games that are more worthwhile, for $60, IMO. If they would have done a better job, I'd probably be finding a way to fit it into my wishlist or plan to purchase, but since they didn't, I'll wait for the price to go down. For me, it's not about expectations; I'll just buy something that I think is more worth my money.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

dumedum

While I haven't played the game yet, I found this bit interesting from a review:

"The biggest improvement, though, has to be the existence of the GamePad. It's hardly a revolutionary concept to use the Wii U's second screen just to show a city map, but it still feels amazing. I loved being able to just look down at the GamePad to see where everything was, rather than having to pause out of the game and search around"

http://www.gaming-age.com/2014/12/watch_dogs-review-wii-u/

I think it's interesting how the narrative about the game will always be that it came too late, that it was perhaps graphically/performance-wise inferior, that it did not add anything etc, but underneath all that, the simple truth of that awesome feeling of having the map in your fingertips for the GamePad lover... honestly, I see nothing simple or basic about having an interactive map at your disposal. It really does sound great, drawing my experience from other Game Pad games.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.