Forums

Topic: Watch_Dogs for all systems

Posts 421 to 440 of 444

Spoony_Tech

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

http://www.meristation.com/nintendo-wii-u/watch-dogs/analisis...

First review I've seen thus far. Pretty much lines up with what I thought.

You're fluent in Spanish?

Lol, not at all but my phone has a translator. Plus I found it on Metacritic.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@dumedum I'm sure it will. You have the one already there plus Nintendo Life. Sites dedicated to Nintendo most likely will as well Like Nintendo World Report and Nintendo Everything so I think it will end with about 9 reviews or so.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

dumedum wrote:

jariw wrote:

dumedum wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-watc...

And that nails the coffin. I'm not getting this game on the Wii U.

Yeah, it does sound so disappointing, but I found that these digital foundry stuff make no sense to me. I never notice any differences and couldn't care less about that stuff. Sure I'd rather the game be 1080p and 60FPS, but that's just on a theoretical level. If the game is good, all that doesn't matter. I really don't care if the shadow/lighting/textures on a girl's face looks nicer or not in the opinion of digital foundry. That's just ridiculous.

But the 20 fps drops mentioned in the article is something that would keep me away from a game port. If MK8 drops to 59 fps instead of 60 fps during online play, it's just technical silliness. Even texture quality is just technical stuff. But a game that performs at 20-25 fps (during sections that aren't cut scenes) would affect the gameplay experience so much that I would choose another game or another platform for the game.

That's true, but for some games FPS is more important than others. These action/adventure games from the other consoles rarely have good FPS to begin with and I don't think it affects gameplay. I know I played ACIII on the Wii U , and everybody said its framerate sucked but it didn't matter to me.

Actually, ACIII is actually only just behind the PS3 in performance where ACIV and Watch Dogs fall much further behind compared to the 360 and PS3 versions. I don't mind if a game like Watch Dogs doesn't run on a perfectly smooth 60fps, but I do want a stable framerate that certainly doesn't go below 25fps often. Watch Dogs on Wii U hardly manages that in even the less active scenes.

skywake

Some prices again, because Steam Sales:
Wii U eShop: $89AU
Wii U retail price after a week: $69AU
XBOne/PS4/PS3/360/PC retail: $49AU
Steam: $37.50US ~= $41.25AU

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

CaviarMeths

PC, PS3, PS4, XB360, and XB1 versions are all $30-35 on Canadian Amazon. Wii U is $55.

Also, the PS4 version will be $20 tomorrow morning for Black Friday sale.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SCRAPPER392

What happened here, is Ubisoft putting only giving just enough effort to get the game to actually run, then adding a few GamePad features(which I read is just the map). So basically, it wasn't worth waiting for the Wii U, version, unless that's the only console you have, somehow, and that's besides if you are even interested in a game that wasn't particularly liked OR disliked.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

I haven't seen any performance issues while playing

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

I'm sure the game runs fine. Ubisoft didn't really put in anymore effort into it than that, though.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I'm sure the game runs fine. Ubisoft didn't really put in anymore effort into it than that, though.

What more did people expect from a port?

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

It depends on the type of port. There are ports like what we have seen happen on Xbox One and PS4(any game that is cross-gen), where the assets are mainly the same, but slightly enhanced. Then there are direct ports, like what Wii U is getting. I'm only talking graphics wise. They still had to add in GamePad support, but they can technically make the graphics better in the Wii U versions, compared to Xbox 360 and PS3; they just don't.

Also, I don't expect them to be enhancing the Wii U version's graphics, but they could have if they really wanted to, and that's where value could be for consumers if they ever decide to do that. Since Xbox 360 and PS3 still got the game, Wii U getting a direct port is understandable, and technically acceptable by consumer standards, as long as the game actually sells on those 7th machines. They took their time and already have experience from porting other games, so I figure Wii U getting the game is the cheapest port they've done for the system, thus far.

The gap has gotten smaller, though. I think the Wii U version runs/looks a bit better than the 7th gen versions, then the Xbox One and PS4 versions run a bit better than Wii U. Ultimately, it's not that big of a deal, because that just means Ubisoft is cheaply supporting all consoles. The only real difference is the delay.

Qwest

CaviarMeths

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Post-launch support? Timeliness? Price parity?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SCRAPPER392

TBH, I think anyone who has ONLY a Wii U doesn't have any right to complain, though. I'll probably just buy it once it's $20.

Qwest

CaviarMeths

SCAR392 wrote:

TBH, I think anyone who has ONLY a Wii U doesn't have any right to complain, though. I'll probably just buy it once it's $20.

That's basically Ubisoft punishing people for only having a Wii U, which isn't right. This game is out on 6 platforms now and only one of them is getting boned by the publisher. If it was only the PS4 version that was late and overpriced, there would be outcry, and rightfully so.

Being late was unavoidable, I suppose, but the least they could have done is bundled it with all of the DLC and shaved 10 bucks off the sticker price as a show of good will, something Ubi should be in desperate need of right now regardless of platform. They've managed to piss off almost every group of gamer this year with their shenanigans.

SCRAPPER392

SpookyMeths wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

That's basically Ubisoft punishing people for only having a Wii U, which isn't right. This game is out on 6 platforms now and only one of them is getting boned by the publisher. If it was only the PS4 version that was late and overpriced, there would be outcry, and rightfully so.

Being late was unavoidable, I suppose, but the least they could have done is bundled it with all of the DLC and shaved 10 bucks off the sticker price as a show of good will, something Ubi should be in desperate need of right now regardless of platform. They've managed to piss off almost every group of gamer this year with their shenanigans.

Well, Wii U getting the game at all should be enough for people interested in the game for Wii U to buy it. That's the way I look at it,

Does it suck that Ubisoft released the game a half a year later, for Wii U?
Yes
Does it suck that that the price is $60 for a relatively simple, late port?
Yes

Even if it does suck that that is what happened, people interested in the game for Wii U, especially that only have a Wii U, still don't really have any reason to complain, because they lack choice in the matter. That's just how the cookie crumbles. Buy it, or don't. If the game isn't good enough for someone on Wii U, then they should buy it elsewhere or leave the whole situation alone.

Qwest

CaviarMeths

Gouging Wii U consumers because they don't have options makes it worse, not better.

SCRAPPER392

SpookyMeths wrote:

Gouging Wii U consumers because they don't have options makes it worse, not better.

Well, that's kind of how 3rd parties are treating Wii U, and partially Xbox One/PS4. Most of the 3rd party games we have right now are still mainly derivative of Xbox 360 and PS3. That means value is going to be lower, by default, until thet finally move on completely to 8th generation.

The only games really even taking advantage of 8th generation are 1st/2nd party games, otherwise people have the choice to buy most of the 3rd party games on 7th gen. Cross-gen games are already liquidating consumer choice.

Qwest

DefHalan

SpookyMeths wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I agree with the post-launch support but that is just extra content. As for the time and price, sometimes ports take a while. Plenty of ports on PS3, especially true during the early years of the console, were poor performing late games that obviously played better on 360. Ubisoft still sells Watch_Dogs for $60 normally, it is stores that have sales that bring the price down. People are comparing the Wii U price to sales and not the normal price (which I understand from a consumer point of view but from Ubisoft's point of view they are selling all versions of the game for the same price) If you don't want the game then don't buy it but I feel people are going out of their way to hate on this game when it is one of the best ports the Wii U has gotten in a long time.

Spoony_Tech

Sale or not the game can be had at as little as 25$ on those other systems. Bottom line is this could be been handled better but the secrecy and the fact they did nothing but a port was all a lie for the most part.

MERG said:

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I agree with the post-launch support but that is just extra content. As for the time and price, sometimes ports take a while. Plenty of ports on PS3, especially true during the early years of the console, were poor performing late games that obviously played better on 360. Ubisoft still sells Watch_Dogs for $60 normally, it is stores that have sales that bring the price down. People are comparing the Wii U price to sales and not the normal price (which I understand from a consumer point of view but from Ubisoft's point of view they are selling all versions of the game for the same price) If you don't want the game then don't buy it but I feel people are going out of their way to hate on this game when it is one of the best ports the Wii U has gotten in a long time.

No it's not,this is a bad delayed port the game can barley handle 30 fps.That's pathetic for a 6 month delayed and Wiiu owners get this garbage?This is just sad.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.