Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 341 to 360 of 515

zezhyrule

Turtle is correct. I'm surprised you don't know that retro, as you said you own the collection yourself :3

The HD Collection contains MGS2, MGS3 (which includes fully-translated versions of Metal Gear 1 & 2 (MSX)), and MGS Peace Walker

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Yrreiht

I loved metal gear 2 xD so nice they included it in the HD collection. The only one i don't really play is Sons of liberty since... well i didn't really like the original one :I I play a lot of Peace walker with my old psp saved game however (multiplayer ftw)

Edited on by Yrreiht

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

Spoony_Tech

The first metal gear was awesome! To bad it never made the virtual console.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

zezhyrule

Tech101 wrote:

The first metal gear was awesome! To bad it never made the virtual console.

Believe me, the MSX2 version was waaay better. They botched it up completely for the NES release

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Spoony_Tech

I'm not sure I ever even seen the gbc one. Would like to see it also appear on the eshop one day!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

MGS1 on the PS1 has controls that are light years above this trash.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SarcasticWisdom

It finally came out! Waiting for gamestop to open :3

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

Spoony_Tech

I might not be able to pick my copy up till Thursday!

MERG said:

Kid_A

FEAR NOT, GAMERLINGS! I picked up the game today and let me tell you, it is fantastic. Forget the demo. Just erase it from your memory. It must have been from an incredibly early build of the game because, frankly, every one of my complaints with the demo have completely melted away now that I've played the final build.

The visuals are phenominal, first of all. It's the best looking version of the game, even better than the HD collection. The 3D is brilliantly implimented, and the whole visual package just entirely redefines what I expect from the 3DS. Best looking game on the system, bar none.

But you don't care about that. You care about the gameplay. Well I've played my fare share of Metal Gear Solid 3, and having played all versions of the game, I can definitively say that this is my new favorite. It is, without question, the best-playing version of the game. And I don't even have the circle pad pro. First of all, the frame-rate issues that the demo was riddled with are completely absent. It runs like a dream (better than the HD version, frankly, which I run into frequent frame-rate problems with). But most importantly, the whole interface is streamlined and simplified. This is how it was always supposed to play. CQC is now easier to execute than ever--no more fussing with pressure sensitive buttons or forgetting which button does which. Just tap R when the on-screen prompt pops up, and then a little button guide pops up while you've got the enemy in a chokehold to allow you to either question him, kill him, or knock him out. The crouch-walk from MGS4 and Peace Walker helps immensely when it comes to sneaking up on enemies, and frankly I don't know how I ever played the game without it. It's flawlessly implemented and feels essential to the experience. Gunplay is much improved as well. You can seamlessly switch between First Person aiming and over-the-shoulder, Resident-Evil-style aiming. Both work great (3rd-person has a handy auto-lock funtion) but you'll need to use a combination of both to effectively switch between stealthy headshots and, say, blasting dudes with a shotgun. This is to say nothing of the camera, which controls perfectly using the face-buttons. It took me all of 10 seconds to get used to it, and after only a few minutes of playing it feels as effortless to control as having a second analogue stick. Combine that with a streamlined touch-screen interface that completely gets rid of all the irritations of game-flow-breaking menu navigation and you've got the best version of one of the best games ever made.

Forget the demo. Buy it.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

komicturtle

Hm, that's what I hear too. The game looks better than the HD Collection version (considering it's a remake and not port, it is expected). I'll hold off though for now

komicturtle

pikku

Okay, Kid_A, since I trust you, I'm getting it

For your sake it better not disappoint me! >: O

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Kid_A

Pressure
Nah, I'm sure you'll love it. If you can figure out face-button camera control (and the essentially gameplay-free opening 45 minutes of the game) it's as great experience. The demo really doesn't do it justice at all.

RoryLee

@bezerker
Do you have the CPP attachment? I personally love the it. It makes the 3DS more comfortable to hold so my hands dont ever cramp up anymore. And it's so easy to to attach and detach it.

And I just bought my copy of MGS 3D, and I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

bezerker99

@RoryLee - no, i don't have the CPP. the only way I'll get it is if MH3G comes here to NA. so far none of the games utilizing the CPP have impressed me (yes, i'm looking at you Resi Revs and MGS3D). (and yes, i know i'm not the majority)

Kid_A

bezerker99 wrote:

I'm still not getting it. CPP is a lame attachment and THAT IN ITSELF makes this the WORST version of MGS3 (in my opinion).

So you didn't even read my post. I don't have the CPP and believe me, you don't need it. Even without it, it is the BEST version of MGS3. Also, you can't really have an opinion, since you haven't played it. So...

pikku

Kid_A wrote:

Pressure
Nah, I'm sure you'll love it. If you can figure out face-button camera control (and the essentially gameplay-free opening 45 minutes of the game) it's as great experience. The demo really doesn't do it justice at all.

So the controls are the same as they were in the demo, correct? That I can live with. I love the face button camera and gun control honestly. Playing Peace Walker on PSP (not the lame HD Collection version D:< ) has gotten me accustomed to it, xD

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.