Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D

Posts 361 to 380 of 515

RoryLee

@bezerker
You should try playing Hell Mode without the CPP. I don't think I could've ever beat that mode without it. And I will say that I did not like the CPP at first, but after about an hour or so with it, it made things much easier.

But I do think that both games still play fine without it, but I do think the CPP has more advantages then the button layout.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

6ch6ris6

if you take a look at the first screenshots of this game you will see the exact same places like in the demo. so i am pretty sure KID_A was right when he said the demo was made out of an early build of the game.

i will get this game. love mgs, loved the demo. no need for a second analog stick at all. mgs is about sneeking and not shooting^^

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Spoony_Tech

That's sounds like a review to me KidA! What happened to your shield? What would you give this if you rated it?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kid_A

Tech101 wrote:

That's sounds like a review to me KidA! What happened to your shield? What would you give this if you rated it?

Haha yep, no shield, so it's not Nintendo Life official! I had to stop writing for the site for a few reasons, but mostly it was just life occurring. It's a volunteer gig, and there was just a lot of things in my life that I needed to concentrate on. Don't worry, I wasn't fired or anything (Unless you were hoping I was fired, in which case, sorry).

I'm only just now getting into part two of the game (I'm not sure if you're familar with the game, but there's a very extended two-hour "introduction," and then the real game kicks in. I'm just now getting to the part where the real game kicks in). Honestly, if it can keep up this quality, it's a 10/10 for me. It's an inherently flawed game, but only because it's one of the most audaciously ambitious ever made. Looks better and plays better than any version I've played, and the sound is just as grand as it's always been.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

guestpt011

I´ve played some Metal Gear series in the past, but just as Resident Evil i think it should be changed to something more "spicy", call of duty style

nintendo: N/A (traded my old 3DS plus games for PsVita)
PLAYSTATION VITA ID: GUESTPT2012
Xbox Live GamerTag: GuestPT2008
Mail: G&#...

is the game out today?

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

zezhyrule

Nice to hear some good impressions on the game! Sounds like it really will be the best game on the 3DS currently like I hoped :3
still doesn't change that I own 2 copies of this game already, I won't be picking it up any time soon either because I just played through the HD version a couple weeks ago

pikmaniac wrote:

Playing Peace Walker on PSP (not the lame HD Collection version D:< ) has gotten me accustomed to it, xD

Lame? The version of Peace Walker that's in the HD Collection is awesome, and no awkward controls are needed at all :3

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Kid_A

guestpt011 wrote:

I´ve played some Metal Gear series in the past, but just as Resident Evil i think it should be changed to something more "spicy", call of duty style

Absolutely not. Metal Gear Solid 4 had some "Call of Duty"-esque elements that might interest you (the majority of it does, after all, take place on a battlefield) but Metal Gear's emphasis on non-violence is what separates it from the norm.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

guestpt011

I know that, but i still prefer more violent games even of the same genre, like HITMAN

I don´t like as much of Splinter Cell series or Metal Gear series. Maybe they are it´s just too soft for me

Edited on by guestpt011

nintendo: N/A (traded my old 3DS plus games for PsVita)
PLAYSTATION VITA ID: GUESTPT2012
Xbox Live GamerTag: GuestPT2008
Mail: G&#...

MGS4 is pretty violent

Of course, 3/4 of it is cutscenes and unless you plan on skipping those cutscenes or sleeping through them, you'll have to play through all the other MGS games to understand any of it
and you still won't. understand it.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

romulux

i just cleared the demo segment and i want to say that it looks better, but i can't really put my finger on why. i feel like the lighting, color and textures are improved, even if it still has the same basic polygon count. the frame rate still studders occasionally, but it seems to run smoother during gameplay than before. whether those changes are actually there or i've just gotten used to the game and overlook the faults now is hard to say, i don't have the demo to compare with anymore. 3D is amazing, especially in the cut scenes, which makes the 2D aiming suck all the more.

one thing i hate so far is that guards always know where you are when on alert and will shoot at you even when they're on the other side of a mountain or in a totally different area... i don't remember if the original game was like that or not. the controls are no different than the demo and still feel a little clumsy to me, especially when aiming. needless to say i really bombed on the stealth on the way to sokolov. i must have triggered 3 or 4 alerts.

the final build is pretty much the same thing as the demo but it feels at least a little more polished. i wouldn't say it's as improved as kid a thought (revelations still looks way better!), but i do think it's improved enough to be a pretty impressive game. i can't wait to get back to it and start sucking again.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chrono_Cross

I understood everything in MGS4. It's not hard to listen.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Spoony_Tech

I'm 5 mins in to the intro and very impressed! When snake flicks that cigar into the air was one of the most eye popping and best 3d I've seen yet! I might start over just to see that!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CerealKiller528

For all people with the game, I have a few questions.........
1. How many save slots is there?
2. Is the 1st person aiming in 3d?
thats all................thanks

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

Yrreiht

Hasn't changed. But the frame rate in cutscenes is much better.

and for the save slots only 1, but you have access to every difficulty levels right from the start, including "game over if seen" difficulty

Edited on by Yrreiht

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

Yrreiht

and obviously they compare it to the HD version :I
i have both and i prefer by far the 3D version... might just be me...

edit: didnt see the score... 75 is pretty good imo

Edited on by Yrreiht

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.