Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,590

Mok

AtomicWaffles wrote:

@Mok Even if it turns out to be the worst reviewed game of all time?

I very much doubt it'll be the worst reviewed game of all time. Unless it has a somewhat game-breaking bug where your 3DS explodes when you press "START".

Current 3DS games: Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D Land, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, Ridge Racer 3D.

Current Switch games: Too many to mention.

Chrono_Cross

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Cheesy? This is light hearted Nintendo goodness.

you're acting like being cheesy is a bad thing

The majority of the time it is?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

iamthezenmaster

i bought my 3DS to play this game one day.

Smash Bros. 3DS,
Diablo 3 season 1,
Dragon Quest 9 DS,

Wii Friend Code: 4227 2156 8355

Spoony_Tech

Jamouse wrote:

I've got a bad feeling about this game.
My "disappointing game" detector goes of the charts every time i hear about this game.
I really hope I'm wrong

I have a great feeling about this game! My ""greatness game"" detector goes off the charts every time I here about this game! I really hope I'm right!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

KarrotMan

Left handed players rejoice! The Game is confirmed to support the Frankenstick! (Circle pad pro mind you)
In the latest interview of Sakurai, which you can read Here, He states one of the big flaws of the game for the lefties and assures them that it will no longer be a problem thanks to Frankenstick.

Sakurai wrote:

"The way we are using the Circle Pad Pro in the game is to provide support for left-handed gamers," said Sakurai in an exclusive interview with Official Nintendo Magazine. "We've made it possible to use the right Circle Pad in place of the left one."

I'm Ambidextrous, but I'm still happy with the inclusion since playing Metroid Prime Hunters online gave me the cramps. And Now this game has gone up to one of my most highly anticipated games of 2012.

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

kkslider5552000

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Cheesy? This is light hearted Nintendo goodness.

you're acting like being cheesy is a bad thing

The majority of the time it is?

lolno

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Chrono_Cross

Cheesy is never a good thing unless it's appropriate for the game.

Just for you.

Chrono_Cross

I also like extra cheesy pizza. Mmmmm!

But yes Retro you are right.

Just for you.

e-love

Hopefully this game is successful enough to make Kid Icarus a regular franchise for Nintendo (:

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

bonesy91

reads how the cpp only is used as a way for left handed people to play
drat. Well that's to be expected about the circle pad pro. Just hope the stylus controls are comfortable.

Still looking forward to it though Mainly for some online goodness!

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

RoyalBlur

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Cheesy is never a good thing unless it's appropriate for the game.

Cheesy is good. Yeah, not always, but it is. Cheesiness saves a movie that would have been absolutely awful. With it it's only awful.

I've got to say that I'm not against the cheese either because sometimes it does prove to be enjoyable at times. I enjoy the classic Clash of the Titans specifically because of it's cheesy qualities. I particularly like the cheesy nature that Nintendo is going for in Kid Icarus as it seems to add a bit to the immense joy bomb that Kid Icarus Uprising looks to be.

I mean aside from KI: Uprising these isn't much that I've been more excited for other than The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land. After all Kid Icarus IS the VERY reason I bought a Nintendo 3DS and I'm placing all my hopes on this game. So far the Nintendo landscape has just been more of the same without any real bombshells like Pikmin 3DS or a resurgence of icons like Captain F Zero but for me a child of 1988 I don't really know Kid Icarus at all and it's more of a darkhorse for me and therefore it's quite exciting and new which only serves to add to the appeal not to mention that I'm a big enthusiast for Greek mythos anyway.

I like emaan1 really do hope that Kid Icarus will become a regularly served Nintendo franchise much like the highly totally cool Legend of Zelda franchise. Another franchise that needs to get more service is Donkey Kong as DKC: Returns just plain RULES!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Knux

Star Fox 64 was cheesy as eff, but I actually loved the dialog. Nintendo (unlike Sega until recently) knows how to make voice acting work in a game, so I'm not worried about Uprising's voice acting.

Knux

LittleKing

I'm glad to see this is coming with a stand, as with the extreme length of my play sessions, my wrist would kill afterwards without one.

LittleKing

LzWinky

NintyFan wrote:

I'll give the stand a try when I get it for free. I might even use it more than I think, but it's great that Nintendo is thinking about every possible discomfort players might have so they could fix it.

Now if only they could make the 3DS a bit lighter

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

retired_account

Lordlz wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

I'll give the stand a try when I get it for free. I might even use it more than I think, but it's great that Nintendo is thinking about every possible discomfort players might have so they could fix it.

Now if only they could make the 3DS a bit lighter

That's easy. They just need to include a portable hot-air balloon that you can drop from. During freefall that should take the load off your arms a bit.
or they could do a redesign... nah that'd be too much of a hassle.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

bonesy91

this just made my entire morning! looked on gonintendo today and saw this...

(qouted from their news section)
Additionally, consumers who pre-order at select retailers will receive a bonus download code for the 3D Classics: Kid Icarus™ game, a re-mastered 3D version of the NES original. The download code will be delivered with the purchase of Kid Icarus: Uprising. A deposit may be required for pre-order. Kid Icarus: Uprising will carry a suggested retail price of $39.99 in the United States.
(end qoute)

3d classic download

• stand
    cards
    so much free stuff for this amazing game lol

Edited on by bonesy91

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

19Robb92

Surprisingly enough I'm not excited for this.. at all. Something just feels wrong about it. I hope I'm wrong though. Definitely hoping they'll do a demo for this. I'm pretty sure I won't buy it if I'm unable to test it first.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Spagem

wait u get a download code with kid icarus uprising?! awsome! another reason to get it since im not a club nintendo member and i missed out on it!

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic