Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 221 to 240 of 2,590

kkslider5552000

Yeah, I'm glad it has online. I know 3DS is rapidly becoming popular but even console split screen isn't nearly as popular as it used to be (sadly), so why would they make games for the new Nintendo handheld with multiplayer but no online. That only worked with the older Pokemon games, and that was when literally everyone was into Pokemon.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

bonesy91

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, I'm glad it has online. I know 3DS is rapidly becoming popular but even console split screen isn't nearly as popular as it used to be (sadly), so why would they make games for the new Nintendo handheld with multiplayer but no online. That only worked with the older Pokemon games, and that was when literally everyone was into Pokemon.

I agree 100% with this. It's one of the reasons why I didn't buy star fox 64 3d And wont be purchasing Monster hunter 3g (if brought over) or Monster hunter 4 unless there is online. In today's age, there is no excuse not to include online.

Oh and I just pre-ordered the game tonight! march 23rd can't come soon enough.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

RoyalBlur

To be honest...I've watched the Kid Icarus trailers on my 3DS innumerable times.

Kid Icarus Uprising is the game that I purchased the 3DS for. If it hadn't be for the Kid Icarus video at E3 2010 I don't think I would have bought the console at launch. I'm a big fan of Greek Mythology. My favorite movies are Clash of the Titans and Disney's Hercules. So yes, this is a big trial of patience for me as I wait for Kid Icarus Uprising.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

SamuraiShyGuy

Since I originally saw the first trailer, Kid Icarus: Uprising was a game I wasn't sure I would get. After getting my new Nintendo Power, I'm finally excited. I haven't even read the article yet, but it's filled with new screens and details. The thing that's got me real jazzed is all of the weapons the article features. Each weapon plays differently and has different strengths and weaknesses. The weapons are awesome looking and there is quite a variety. Couple this with the online multiplayer and yes, I want it bad now.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Bubbab5

When does this game come out in NA

Edited on by Bubbab5

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

RoyalBlur

Bubbab55 wrote:

When does this game come out in NA

In February!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

DaveGX

Actually, i think the date it comes to the US is March 23rd, not February.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

Vincent294

Yeah! March 23 & Online Deathmatches. Getting it for sure, CCP support would be icing on the cake.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

LordTendoboy

NintyFan wrote:

Here are nuggets of information from the Nintendo Power article

• "I love freedom in games," says Sakurai. "I don't mean the sort of freedom where you're thrown into some empty wasteland... I like to make games that can be enjoyed like a buffet, where players are free to have as much as they want of whatever they want."
  • controls feel smoother and weightier than in DS games like Metroid Prime Hunters
  • fun truly begins in the ground part of the levels
  • levels are frantically paced and full of surprises, as Sakurai calls it, "escalating the situation."
  • a constant stream of dialogue between the characters that works like a charm because of clever writing and strong performances
  • playful banter such as Pit collecting an item from the first Kid Icarus and Palutena remarking that it looks less pixelated than she remembers and a partner expressing shock that Pit would open a treasure chest right in the open without thinking it might be a trap
  • Playful, teasing Palutena and enthusiastic, self-deprecating Pit make a perfect comedy duo
  • there are no cutscenes in which there is a screen of text to read or watching an long event with no player-interaction, the story and character dialogue unfolds during the heat of the gameplay
  • not sure how long the game is, but NP reached up to Chapter 8 with no ending in sight
  • huge arsenal of weapons increase the game's replayability
  • nine different categories of weapons filled with differing properties and special abilities for each one
  • there's no best weapon, but just the best weapon for you
  • Sakurai hinted at hard challenges to give players good reason to find the best weapons
  • "We've added a certain unique system to address the original game's reputation for being quite challenging."

So so so hyped! This is one franchise that I never thought Nintendo would bring back (though Pit's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Brawl was a pretty strong hint).

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

misswliu81

i saw the weapons pit has in the game- OMG, just wow! and as for that car/vehicle, i love that design!

misswliu81

FonistofCruxis

Its good to hear that its much improved from the demos that have been shown. I wonder when it will get an exact European release date rather than just 'March'.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Spoony_Tech

I think this game is truly going to show us what the 3ds can do. Here's hoping this is one great killer app for years to come. Super excited!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

NintyFan wrote:

Here are nuggets of information from the Nintendo Power article

• "I love freedom in games," says Sakurai. "I don't mean the sort of freedom where you're thrown into some empty wasteland... I like to make games that can be enjoyed like a buffet, where players are free to have as much as they want of whatever they want."
  • controls feel smoother and weightier than in DS games like Metroid Prime Hunters
  • fun truly begins in the ground part of the levels
  • levels are frantically paced and full of surprises, as Sakurai calls it, "escalating the situation."
  • a constant stream of dialogue between the characters that works like a charm because of clever writing and strong performances
  • playful banter such as Pit collecting an item from the first Kid Icarus and Palutena remarking that it looks less pixelated than she remembers and a partner expressing shock that Pit would open a treasure chest right in the open without thinking it might be a trap
  • Playful, teasing Palutena and enthusiastic, self-deprecating Pit make a perfect comedy duo
  • there are no cutscenes in which there is a screen of text to read or watching an long event with no player-interaction, the story and character dialogue unfolds during the heat of the gameplay
  • not sure how long the game is, but NP reached up to Chapter 8 with no ending in sight
  • huge arsenal of weapons increase the game's replayability
  • nine different categories of weapons filled with differing properties and special abilities for each one
  • there's no best weapon, but just the best weapon for you
  • Sakurai hinted at hard challenges to give players good reason to find the best weapons
  • "We've added a certain unique system to address the original game's reputation for being quite challenging."

I'm not sure if I believe this article anymore.

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Mik

I hope this game reviews well and thus forces me to part with my hard-earned greenback.

"Life is a like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes"

Mok

Day 1 flippin' purchase!

Looking forward to this and I won't care what the reviews say.

Current 3DS games: Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D Land, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, Ridge Racer 3D.

Current Switch games: Too many to mention.

TheKingOfTown

@Mok Even if it turns out to be the worst reviewed game of all time?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Jamouse

I've got a bad feeling about this game.
My "disappointing game" detector goes of the charts every time i hear about this game.
I really hope I'm wrong

Jamouse

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic