Video: Scientifically Accurate Sonic The Hedgehog Ruins Everything About Sonic The Hedgehog

Posted by Damien McFerran

Tails would NEVER eat Sonic, you fiends

Video games aren't reality. We know that. But sometimes the glaring inaccuracies present in our favourite titles can really hurt when they're highlighted in an effective fashion, which is exactly what Fox's Animation Domination High-Def show does in the latest episode of Scientifically Accurate, which seeks to take everything you held dear about Sonic the Hedgehog and stamp all over it.

Did you know that hedgehogs poop when they run? And that they also chew poop into a foamy paste and then rub it all over their bodies? No? Well then you might not want to watch the following footage (which has some swearing and should be considered extremely NSFW), as it will totally destroy your treasured memories of Sega's famous mascot — and we didn't think that was possible after some of the terrible games he's starred in recently. You'll also never be able to look at Knuckles in the same way, either. Consider yourselves warned.

[via polygon.com]

Shirma_Akayaku

Shirma_Akayaku said:

I think Damien knows that the stuff ADHD makes is pretty crude.

@TOMBOY25
The scientifically accurate ninja turtles I've seen already. I guess you could post the link to it since this whole article is nsfw because of the video.

Volmun

Volmun said:

Music made me lol but saying thay dont know why thay rub poo on them selvs... i feal its ferly obvius.. it will make them less apiling to the likes of Fox's and other preditors..

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

Everything about Sonic was ruined because of this video? What about everything else that ruined Sonic in the last decade?

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

It's very hard to take this website serious when there is a picture of hedgehog taking a shat! <_<

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Another Sonic article in Nintendolife that must stop to bash his recent games :s. Seriously I'm not a big fan of them (or Sonic in general) either but all that Sonic negativity does get tiring.

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

@Haxonberik - Exactly. This grows especially tiring when Sonic's recent outings have been, at worst, mixed bags. I'm not gonna rant about it or anything, but I just internally facepalm every time an NL article goes and uses this weak old schtick.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@True_Hero I don't think it's just the quality of the games, but the fact that Sega keeps trying desperately to make Sonic relevant and tripping almost every time.

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

They are actually really lame, they all use swearing and d*cks as their punchlines...

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

I'm... actually shocked NL would post this here, especially with that picture right there on the front page for all to see.

...I was trying to eat lunch...

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

I was just waiting for them to mention the part at 1:20 . I get incredibly jealous of Knuckles just because of it.

Manaphy2007

Manaphy2007 said:

who care if its innacurate, its just a game, yes hedgehogs can swim but its better with that heart attack inducing music when you are about to die.

8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai said:

but doe tehy sho hao fest SANIC_HEGEHOG KAN GO!?32@#

sanic hegehog kan goh fest so he defeet dohctur ribeauthnik en hez fester tahn teh ejjy shadough hegehog an taht a fakt!1 donut beleeve uzer @Squid

xj0462

xj0462 said:

screw you fox animation, everyone whk has worked on this and everything else in the company should BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY FOR RUINING THE GREAT NAME OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!!!!!!!!

Beau_Skunk

Beau_Skunk said:

I'm a Sonic fan, and I thought it was hilarious personally. I like how the music, and intro even parody the original 1993 "Sonic the Hedgehog" SatA.M. TV series' theme song.

Now I question why some people keep hedgehogs as pets, if they do rub whatsit on themselves tho'...

@Unca_Lz
Well, he does still have a fanbase, believe it or not. Not to mention His games do sell decently enough, he has 3 comic book series now running simultaniously, has had several TV shows, (and one coming soon) is going to be in the next SSB, and is getting a movie.
I'd say Sonic is doing well for a "non-relevant" video game character.

Schnedlick

Schnedlick said:

Ha ! God I love Scientifically Accurate !! Soo Funny, they should do Digimon next !!! ; D