Video: Darunia Rolls and Pounds His Way Through Enemies in Hyrule Warriors

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Princess Ruto opts for a little more elegance

Hyrule Warriors is now less than two months away, and Koei Tecmo continues to build hype through new character reveals, screenshots and trailers. Last week brought confirmation of Ocarina of Time stages along with Sheik, Darunia and Princess Ruto, and the latest trailer shows the Goron leader in action, rolling and pounding his way through the enemy army.

He looks relatively quick, with a charming sideways roll perhaps being a highlight; that said, his attacks look a little slow and limited. That trailer from Koei Tecmo is below, and we've also thrown in the Princess Ruto equivalent that arrived over the weekend, which has been localised by Nintendo of America.

Check them out and let us know what you think of these characters in action.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Darunia puts the "Roll" in "Rock'n'Roll"!
Oh, and I guess he puts the "Rock" too...

Shambo

Shambo said:

I have yet to see a single character that I DON'T want to try out, like, NOW.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I think Ruto is anime blue enough that they really didn't need random anime chick Lana, though their fighting styles are certainly different.

I think Darunia will b ea big fan favorite in our household.

Samuel-Flutter

Samuel-Flutter said:

It's been forever since I've played a Dynasty game, but this game is making me super excited. Of course I suppose that's any Zelda game, but I've been following this since the Nintendo Direct, and I am really loving what I am seeing. It's almost like a love letter to the entire series. Now we just need some Windwaker and Link to the Past references.

TheEmerlLad

TheEmerlLad said:

Look at that Darunia, how can you not love that chiseled grin of his!? If it was Darmani it be less appealing with a bunch of missing teeth. :) Regardless, he looks to be a fun, crowd sweeping character to play as. C'mooon november!

AlexOlneyStaff

AlexOlney said:

What is Ruto doing as she enters the battlefield? She looks like she has her legs tucked up against her torso, so how is she moving...?

Mega719

Mega719 said:

They really need to give the Zoras more clothes Ruto's scales aren't that noticeable

whodatninja

whodatninja said:

I look forward to this game more and more with every character they reveal! When I get bored with one character, i'll just switch to another, change it up a bit :) PERFECT!

I DEMAND TINGLE! (And Happy Mash Salesman!) (And Ganondorf!)

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

First time a trailer of this game dissapoint me XD

I mean... Darunia is cool with all that powerful hammering, but I hoped in more rolling action... you know, like Link using the Goron Mask in Majora.
I guess there is still hope however since characters have different fight styles.

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

After playing a bit of Hyrule Warriors at Hyper Japan yesterday, my interest in the title has waned a bit. It didn't feel like I was doing anything. ... Link controlled weirdly and the hordes of small enemies didn't even do anything, they just kinda stood there, waiting to get beat up. Then King Dodongo came out and did only quarter-hearts of damage to Link. I could dispatch him easily even without trying that hard.

.... .... I've never played a previous Musou game. Am I missing something important? I'll buy this game regardless 'cause it's Zelda, but I don't really know what's so special about the series if they're all like this.

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

@EarthboundBenjy That demo and the character trailers was on "please beat me up (easy)" difficulty. It'll get MUCH harder to the point where you get killed by a mini boss......... on the first level.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

Can't wait for September. This game is going to be amazing but I think it will be a momma only game since I know Dynasty Warriors series is more for teenagers then little kids ( which is what my house consists of right now). My oldest is only 7. This game is not really age appropriate for him. Oh well so far most of the games we own are for him anyways.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Both look like cool additions! Also, nice throwback to the princess Ruto carrying.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Ruto looks great with those scales! Darunai looks fun but I hope he has some alternative items to mix him up a bit.

crazycrazydave

crazycrazydave said:

Looks good, variety of characters is always a good thing.

Would just like to point out the Stalfos that magically appears at 0:38 in the Darunia trailer. HALLO SIR.