Super Smash Bros. on Both Wii U and 3DS to be Playable at HYPER JAPAN 2014

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, MK8, a peek at amiibo and more

Not too long ago we confirmed that Nintendo will have a booth and events at HYPER JAPAN in London, taking place at Earl's Court in London between 25th and 27th July. Nintendo's now announced what it'll have on show, and it includes the UK début of Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS — the first time these titles will be playable for the public.

Overall, the Nintendo presence will have four areas — Wii U, Nintendo 3DS & 2DS, Tomodachi Life and merchandise from the Nintendo UK Online Store. There'll be the opportunity to have a peek at amiibo figures, while other confirmed playable games include Mario Kart 8 and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. It should be a fun event for Nintendo fans.

We'll be there at HYPER JAPAN to grab some StreetPass hits and enjoy the festivities; tickets are also still available on the official website. Are you planning to go along?

Related Games

Sparx

Sparx said:

I get a feeling tickets are going to fly faster than normal now

Iggly

Iggly said:

Looks like a fun event, too bad I can't go because well, I don't live near London. I'd love to see some coverage of the event if that's possible.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Spelled "peek" as "pEAk"
Is this a hint at EA being a third party for the Wii U again, and we'll see Amiibo for Madden, Dragon Age and Plants VS. Zombies games?
I guess we'll find out at Hyper Japan.
Oh no, it was just a typo. ;)

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

It's also playable at london film and comicon this weekend. Which is also at Earls Court.

Nik-Davies

Nik-Davies said:

Anything going to be playable at the London Film & Comic Con this weekend? :D **crosses fingers**

Yosher

Yosher said:

Here's hoping it'll also be present at First Look this year here in the Netherlands which I'll be attending. By that time I'll likely already have the 3DS version, but the Wii U version is the one I'm mostly looking forward to, personally.

BSFsontails1012

BSFsontails1012 said:

Europe is lucky! They're get all sorts of awesome stuff, but here at the states, WAIT scratch that, we did get beat buy demos, but what I hope happens before release is a ssb4 3ds demo on the eshop that is the same as the e3 demo.
Sadly the only best but near me during e3 was 2 hours away :(

123akis

123akis said:

I'm going to EGX London (Eurogamer Expo) as I think Nintendo will make a bigger appearance at EGX

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

I don't know much about HYPER JAPAN, but I do know the lines are going to be worse than the Best Buy demos in the US. So, uh, have fun with that.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'm going on the saturday, but really not fussed about playing this early. Hopefully this means a ton of people walking about with a 3DS so I can actually get some street pass hits :D

Nik-Davies

Nik-Davies said:

@dizzy_boy That site says "Super MARIO Smash Bros.". Tut tut. They need to get it right. LOL

@Peach64 I'm going Saturday. Me and my friends are meeting Stan Lee :D Thanks for reminding me about my 3DS. It's been out of battery for a few weeks now I need to charge it.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

@123akis I'm going too, also there was a giveaway on the Nintendo UK store which was a 4 day pass to EGX London so I hope that suggests a large presence.

BSFsontails1012

BSFsontails1012 said:

@Jazzer94
I coins not find anything ssb4 for 3ds and wii u except e3 which was last month and ALL the way in California and I live in VA also, I don't have that kind of money, and I'm only 14! So, I don't understand what you mean about a smash conventions that I can play smash bros 3ds and wii u.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

So, is there going to be new information, new demos, or are they pretty much just shipping in the same demos from E3.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

@2Sang Not really the sort of event that will have a reveal.

@BSFsontails1012 I didn't say a Smash convention what I meant is the US has plenty of conventions like Comicon, Pax Prime/South/East, Momocon (This is a list I found with Google http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gaming_conventions granted not every schedule is announced yet and not every convention listed) that happen where there are normally sections for people to play games just released or coming out soon you just need to keep up to date with information made available.

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

@dizzy_boy: You might be disappointed. The Games section at "London Film and Comic" this weekend is being organised by the people who have done the "Blackpool" and Manchester" RePlay events. It will most likely be Melee or Brawl that will be playable.