Fancy Pattern Vivillon Now Available as Pokémon Global Trade Station Hits 100 Million Landmark

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

It's the realest Vivillon

Not too long ago — at the end of May — we told you that a fancy pattern Vivillon was to be distributed following 100 million trades on the Pokémon Global Trade Station, with around ten million more required at that point. That seemed like a long way still to go, but evidently was not: that Vivillon is available now in Pokémon X & Y.

It sure looks handsome, with the following details previously given about the distribution.

Vivillon is a unique Pokémon in that the patterns and colours on its wings typically vary based on the real-world region in which a player lives. Because of this characteristic, players around the world have been exchanging Vivillon via the GTS to collect all of the regional patterns.

This particular 'mon has the Hold Hands special move, which is unique to this distribution; it'll be available to claim until 31st July.

[via serebii.net]

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

For anyone that doesn't know how to obtain it (like silly me about a half-hour ago): Go to Mystery Gift, select 'via Internet' and then visit a Pokémon Center and talk to the girl there.

torotoid64

torotoid64 said:

I want a Sailor Moon vivillon in celebration of Sailor Moon crystal
IN THE NAME OF BUG TYPES I WILL PUNISH YOU

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

Good to know it reached the mark, at least we are getting something!

Seriously in terms of events this gen has been pretty disappointing, I mean what did we get besides Torchic & Celebi?

At least we are getting Diancie sooner or later.

Iggly

Iggly said:

Oh, it already reached 100 million landmark? I should probably pick up this Vivillon before Wednesday since I'll be going on my trip and I doubt the place will have Internet.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

I'm glad this came out as a Mystery Gift. If they had given it out by Global Link or something, only to people who traded, I wouldn't get one. I've never touched the GTS.

Thanks to everyone who went trading on the GTS! Agreed with others, it's sad we haven't gotten more events by now. I actually had the chance to get the Electabuzz/Magmar ones, but my store was out of the cards by the time I asked, so I never did.

Also, GameBoy's Pokémon TCG is coming out on the VC? :O If it comes out in Aus at the same time as Europe, I'll probably get it. I remember playing that game a lot.

AdmiralThrawn

AdmiralThrawn said:

Can you soft reset for this and get a shiny version of this Vivillon? Meaning, go the Pokemon center, get the Vivillon check if its shiny, if not then soft reset the game?

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

Yay, finally, another mystery gif before X and Y get forgotten in favor of the newest games.

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

@rjejr Yeah, every place I looked before only simply said "You can download from Nintendo Network." I was going nuts trying to figure it out--do I download from the eShop? Do I open GTS? Then a while later after seeing another screenshot somewhere I tried Mystery Gift and it worked.

I'm glad I can help!

BLPs

BLPs said:

Does anyone actually know what Hold Hands does? The in-game description is as vague as they come.

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

@BLPs I tried looking it up on sites like smogon, as far as I can gather it's useless, like splash and celebrate.

KTT

KTT said:

Finally! My Vivillon collection is getting bigger. Now plz add the pokeball one.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

Time to reset until I get a Timid one, not check the IVs because I don't care about Vivillon and that would be far too time consuming anyway, and never touch it again.

Well, maybe I will Sketch Hold Hand on a Smeargle for the lols.

MoonKnight7

MoonKnight7 said:

Pretty cool, I'm not really sure I'll ever use it, but you can't complain about a free pokemon.