Dig Your Claws Into The Cat Mario Show On Your 3DS Or Wii U

Posted by Damien McFerran

Child-friendly video now available for free via your Nintendo console

Nintendo of Europe has launched The Cat Mario Show, a new episodic video feature on the 3DS and Wii U eShops aimed at educating and entertaining younger players.

The show originally aired in Japan under the title Nyan Nyan Neko Mario Time, and has been dubbed into English. Presented by Mario and Peach hand puppets, the show features tips, quizzes and other content relating to the latest games for the Wii U and 3DS.

At the time of writing the video is only confirmed for Europe, but we'll report back if it goes live elsewhere in the world. Meow!

ejamer

ejamer said:

My kids would love this. I hope it comes out here (North America).

BigH88

BigH88 said:

My 2 year old loves Mario now. His first game is Super Mario World. Which was mine as well. :') Anyways hopefully this comes to North America cause I'm sure he'd love this.

MightyKrypto

MightyKrypto said:

Urgh, hand puppets?!? Seriously? Crazy Japanese people...
Whatever, perhaps very very young kids may like it...

MJKOP

MJKOP said:

Sweet, I'll check this out later with my two kids, looking forward to it myself! :-)

Dodger

Dodger said:

New phone desktop background. Goodbye, squirrel eating out of a plastic horse head, hello Mario and Peach puppet furries.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Who me? Actually I thought of me too, thinking her head just needs to be in the middle. If they sign her back up Ill be watching :-)

Mus1cLov3r

Mus1cLov3r said:

I'm not a (little) kid, and have no kids of my own, but I'll check it out if it comes to North America. :o

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Ashemed to admit it, but I liked the first episode >w>;;;

And I didn't know most of the stuffs said about 3D World, really didn't expect them to surprise me with their tips, but they did it >.>;

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

We just went from Sesame Street to It's-a-me Street.
(Yeah, that pun was horrible even for my standards.)

Octane

Octane said:

Mario sounds like Conker in that video.

It was actually kinda helpful I must say...

OmegaStar

OmegaStar said:

"aimed at educating and entertaining younger players."

This isn't exactly helping with Nintendo's reputation.

mullen

mullen said:

Watch it every week (now every 2 weeks) on my 3DS.
Especially like all the tips and secrects of SM3DW revealed in the show.

jariw

jariw said:

After a few seconds required to adjust to the voices and the presentation, the tips for 3D World were quite good. There were a few of them I didn't know about.

dwuuuu

dwuuuu said:

That was fun but I've already watched the first few episodes in Japanese already !

Glad the commentery was good !

Amateur

Amateur said:

It's for the children, even though they play game with rated M on it, BUT IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!

Dudemario89

Dudemario89 said:

You can watch this on the Japanese Community on Miiverse. It only shows in Japanese, no English version.

The_Ninja

The_Ninja said:

It actually translates to: Meow Meow Cat Mario Show! But just Cat Mario Show is ok too.

Might get it, but not that intrested. Good for the kiddies, though!

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

The actual content wasnt even half bad. I didnt know about stealing cherry clones for instance.
But i dont get what target audience they are trying to appeal to. The show is presented like a show for toddlers, who are definitly not going to play their games since they are preoccupied with drooling on the carpet.
For younger kids and teens, this is WAY to childish, and i dont mean the handpuppets. Its more the wording, the voices and the way, things are presented.
We all knew nintendo was going the extra mile to teach people how to play their games when Mario Galaxy 2 had an instructional DVD, so even the biggest brick head could get into it, but with this one, they are stretching it a little too far.
Nintendo, less childish wording and voices and this show could actually be something worthwhile for everyone.

Cresartist

Cresartist said:

You guys seem a little late to the party...

For how childish and weird these videos seem, they show off some GREAT tips for games. I never knew I could use the Stylus to pick up baseballs in 3D World!