Nintendo Serves Up Another Big Batch of Treehouse Videos

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Have a Nintendo Minute E3 video as a bonus, too

Over the past 10 days or so we've brought you some summaries of Nintendo Treehouse @E3 videos as Nintendo's uploaded them, and the company has now produced what may be the last big batch of footage from the three day broadcast. This range covers major retail, download and conceptual games across Wii U and 3DS, with some smaller developers getting a chance to shine at last.

We certainly enjoyed watching the Treehouse live stream throughout the whole of E3, and certainly recommend catching up if you couldn't watch live. The latest collection of 14 videos is below, with an extra bonus of Nintendo Minute's E3 memories; in the latter they even make a cute joke at their own expense.

Enjoy!

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Fantasy Life

Shovel Knight

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Swords & Soldiers 2

Nintendo Minute's E3 Memories

So there you have it, let us know which videos of Nintendo Treehouse moments were your favourites.

dinosauryoshi

dinosauryoshi said:

Thanks! Will be giving Captain Toad, Guacamelee, Fantasy Life, and Mario Party 10 a blast later.

Tops

Tops said:

Yeah, I'm buying a lot of Nintendo stuff over the next year. Shows it was a fantastic year (EXACTLY! ;))

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

I loved this e3. And the guy with the glasses and playing the game in the first pic was so damn hot! 😱

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I like how Nintendo has these videos on the Wii U eShop too. I counted 79 videos, so that is great.

Farmboy74

Farmboy74 said:

These videos and Nintendo's approach to this E3 is the gift that keeps on giving!

rjejr

rjejr said:

@sinalefa - Yeah thats what I was going to say. Watched a few yesterday, some of those are 45 or 50 minutes long so Nintendo is really making an effort to get the info out there. Might be time or a "Nintendo News" app :-)

Really stupid question - MH4U - that's new for the US or MH4 is already out in the US so it's just an update to U? Any word on any version of MH4 for the Wii U? I know Wii U got MH3 not Tri.

Oh,and I'ld also like to add - Wii U has games now. 3DS also. W/ more on the way, so not really a problem there. Just need dates.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@rjejr

MH4 is Japan only. MH4U will be the one to be released in the US, and the one they showed in the Treehouse. The one that Wii U got is 3 Ultimate, an improved version of Tri.

As other people have mentioned, 4U has only been announced for 3DS, but knowing Capcom they could pull a Revelations if the game sells enough.

And it seems your Nada calendar is not empty anymore, but a calendar is made up of dates. I don't care about dates because announced dates=delays. You cannot delay a game that has never had a release date, can you?

uhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhh said:

the only game i'm interested in for the 3DS is project STEAM. otherwise i am very happy this E3 was mostly Wii U games.

Marshi

Marshi said:

All I wana know is if bayonetta 1 is a good port. The ps3 ver of bayo was appalling with really bad lag making achieving any combo's practically impossible. The 360 ver was a smooth 60fps with no lag so im going to be expecting the same. Can anyone confirm what the port is like?

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Marshi The 360 one wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination either. (I dunno whether installing it to the hdd improves things or not).

Oren

Oren said:

I'm really trying to avoid watching any Bayonetta videos so it's all new and exciting when October finally gets here. You guys aren't making it easy though...

Marshi

Marshi said:

@unrandomsam Hmmm maybe its just rose tinted goggles at work then. I just remember the ps3 ver being nigh on impossible to play due to some horrendous lag

rjejr

rjejr said:

@sinalefa @faint @jariw - Thanks for the MH info all. Guess I'll keep waiting. My kids might be interested in the 3DS version though.

yup, calendar looks good now, but I still like dates ;-) Not far out dates - I think Zelda i s2016 and XCX is a ways out, same for Splatoon, but games this holiday - Captain Toad and or course SSB - should have dates. Or at least months. Pokemon games always have months/dates 9 months in advance. Skylanders Trap Teamis Oct 5th and they need to prepare the game, portal, big bundle boxes, and all the toys. Though I do feel confident there will be an Aug ND w/ all the holiday dates for games and toys.

Lobster

Lobster said:

3DS MH is always good, though. Nice to have such a great game in your pocket. Of course, it's also nice to have such a great game on an HD screen in your basement/living room/where ever. If it ever comes to Wii U I know I would double dip.

FubumblR

FubumblR said:

@Radbot42

Agreed, him and Nate could come demonstrate games for me any day! :P

But, back on topic...

It was these Treehouse vids that really solidified my decision to get 'Hyrule Warriors' as I was on the fence before. I just hope they've done something with the troublesome lack of camera angle options in previous iterations. 'Orochi 3: Hyper' on WiiU has a camera that makes an otherwise fun game just a nuisance sometimes to play as you can only see maybe 10 ft. In front of you at any time.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

STEAM surprised me. I don't think the comic book look and the 3DS ultra low res meshes too well honestly. Once I saw the extended game play video I realized how genius the new approach to turn based tactical strategy is. Sort of a hybrid where you can run around realtime-ish using and taking back your movement points BUT you risk revealing yourself while moving around — and no take backs on that.

I barely play me 3DS (just Zelda) and time for big RPGs or MMOs just hasn't been there for me for years, but I must admit that Fantasy Life has stunning appeal to me. :D

So, that's two major games for 3DS that I'll never have time for but I still want. :D

Bayonetta fans look like they have a real treat, too. The subject is just blech to me and it's hard for me to get into it's hyper-sexualized-gaudy-witchcraft-weirdness, but it's so over-the-top and inventive I can't help but be impressed.

I probably would have written off those three of these games with the standard trailer plus screenshot reveals, but this E3 did the trick.