E3 2014: Time for Another Blowout of Nintendo Videos

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Because we don't want to miss anything

It's been a manic day so far, yet Nintendo has unveiled some footage and trailers that's not appeared in its Digital Event or follow-up articles. Clearly it's time to resolve that.

There are a host of additional trailers to enjoy, covering retail and download titles on both Wii U and 3DS. Without further ado, those that haven't been posted elsewhere are below.

eShop Highlight Reel

Affordable Space Adventures

Disney Infinity 2.0

Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition

Swords & Soldiers 2

Shovel Knight

Siesta Fiesta

Phew, plenty there. Which is your favourite?

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

Lots of great stuff here!
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal is looking really good. I'd like to see more of that.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

It's been a while since the portable Sonic looked better than the console counterpart. Hoping both will be good, though.

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

My WiiU wishlist grew so much today!! Shovel Knight and Zelda U are at the top of it though.

Hortencio

Hortencio said:

Shovel Knight, to pile on. But Guacamelee and Shantae definitely have my attention. Even Affordable Space Adventures, which has a certain WALL-E atmosphere, has me curious (the part with the flares was HILARIOUS!).

AusfahrtXD

AusfahrtXD said:

Great day for Nintendo. Apparently they have a few more reveals and showing to sprinkle throught the rest of e3. Big or small who knows....but as far as I know Next Level games hasn't showed anything? And theyv been silent since Dark Moon. Retro may or may not have anything to announce by now. Most importantly though what was Miyamotos "new ip" obviously not star fox...and those other 2 gamepad games looked too early in development

outburst

outburst said:

Between the two Sonic Boom, I like the 3DS gameplay better. I hope the Wii U will be good.
The standout however is the shovel dash, shovel stomp, and the shovel fireball!

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Shantea Pirate's Curse and Sonic boom for me.

I was also one of the Kickstarter backers for Shantea.

Lobster

Lobster said:

Man, watching these trailers, I miss a Nintendo in-person conference. But it would be wacky and off the wall anyway and we wouldn't see these trailers anyway, we'd still see The Epic Of Yoshi's Wooly World and so on. Not that that wasn't nice, but...

I like that Nintendo does its own thing, I do. I wish they could get the same recognition though, because I feel like they get overshadowed. Most people are going to miss these trailers, for example.

BLPs

BLPs said:

Sonic Boom = Ratchet and Clank All 4 One Sonic DLC.

No, really. I can't unsee it.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I don't see how anyone can worry about Nintendo's fortunes. I honestly can't say I miss big third parties at all looking at the diversity and quality of what Nintendo is bringing to the Wii U over the next year and a half.

Some great looking eShop games there too. Loving the look of that Fiesta Siesta game - please consider Wii U as well!

Tritonus

Tritonus said:

I think Sonic Boom, both the Wii U version and 3DS version, looks really good. I'm not the biggest sonic fan, but with the 3DS version feeding into the Wii U version and with the way that they both look, I might just pick up both.

That, and Sonic Lost World is on sale now so will finally try that one out.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

Urgh, I forgot about Guacamelee, too! That makes, what? Shovel Knight, Teslagrad, Nihilumbra, Tengami, Wooden Sen'Sey, Shantae, Swords & Soldiers (assuming it's anything like Castle Crashers)... and that's just download titles. I can't handle this. I'm actually glad that most of the retail games are being held off until 2015, 'cause I have no idea how I'll ever have the time or money for all this.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Link506 Because it looks like a retro game where the developers actually understood what made the classics so good in the first place.

LawRulesALL

LawRulesALL said:

Holy poopoodoodoocacapoopledoopledoggiedoop, this many good titles on Nintendo 3DS is making my wallet hurt just thinking of how much that all will cost me LOL But the highlights is Shovel Knight and Shantae for me in the downloadables front. For retail I think Sonic Boom may be my choice out of those for this year and Monster Hunter 4U for 2015.