This Pokémon Trainer Red Nendoroid is Ludicrously Cute

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

D'aww, catch 'em all little buddy

We do like cute collectibles here at Nintendo Life, and the Nendoroid range from Good Smile is up there with the very best. We've covered Luigi and Toon Link before, and now Pokémon Trainer Red is in on the act.

Due for release in Japan for ¥4,500 (approx $44) in September, the product page for this says the following:

The legendary Pokémon trainer 'Red', who was the main character in the Pokémon Fire Red and Leaf Green games is joining the Nendoroid world! He also comes with various optional parts from the Pokémon universe, including his backpack, Pokédex, a Poké Ball and a Master Ball!

He also comes with three expression parts including his standard expression, a shouting expression for combat scenes and a smiling expression! The three famous starter Pokémon - Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle are also all included to display beside him - display them happily playing together or ready to fight one and other - the choice is yours!

Check out the images below and let us know whether you're already thinking about import charges.

[via tinycartridge.com, goodsmile.info]

absuplendous

absuplendous said:

Looks like I'll be getting my first Nendoroid! I'd love to see a full-scale figure of Red someday, though.

Red practically looks naked without his backpack (and perhaps more importantly, his Vs. Seeker) on.

gefflt

gefflt said:

Wait... so he caught a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur using Master Balls?!?

Porky

Porky said:

The Red figurine with a hand in his pocket, the other holding a pokeball, and a serious expression on his face is so epic.

Squid

Squid said:

Nintendo needs to stop it with these Nendoroids. They're too darn cute!!

Also, ever since FE:A, I had no idea people would get so picky over something silly like missing feet...

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

No more holding that Wario Ball the wrong way, Red!
At least that's what i'd say if all these adorable Nendoroids wouldn't look like too much of an expense to me.

Randomname19

Randomname19 said:

This makes me wonder even more why Red isn't in the new Smash Bros.
Is it that hard to keep him in the background while He gives orders to Charizard like in Brawl?

Smooching

Smooching said:

Where can you even pre-order this? I can't really find it on the online shop of Good Smile.

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

Nendoroids are awesomely cute. I've been collecting the Queens Blade ones. I also have Isabelle from Animal Crossing and Sonic the Hedgehog. I will get Red but I really hope we get him in Figma form too. On a related note, I picked this one up recently and she is Figma sized. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61S%2BGFZITcL.SL1500.jpg She needs a bit of customisation as there isn't much articulation in the arms and legs but she looks awesome.

AceTrainerBean

AceTrainerBean said:

Do you think these will be able to be shipped to Ireland because that is the most amazing thing ever!

Blauhammel

Blauhammel said:

I just. . . Is this even possible to be ordered from outside Japan?
I can't find the Goodsmile Online Shop Link on their page, and while their English page doesn't have the link, the Japanese Page shows the Pokémon Center link and the Amazon Japan's link. . .
While it also shown on the Pokémon Center's link that the Pre-Orders are open on 24th of May until 29th of June. . . I guess. . . I just. . .
I would sacrifice a month (leisure) meals for this one. . . No, make it five. . . I need a lot of Pokéballs. . . Nah, just kidding, I LOVE RED.