Mario Golf: World Tour's Flower Pack DLC Is Delicately Chipped Onto The Green

Posted by Damien McFerran

Nabbit while you can

The second helping of DLC for Mario Golf: World Tour is now available in both North America and Europe. The new Flower pack takes up 447 blocks (that's the EU size) and showcases the Layer-Cake Desert and Sparkling Waters 18-hole courses.

Furthermore, that loveable rogue Nabbit is now a playable character, and as before fresh challenges are included. There's also the option to use the courses in various modes — it costs $5.99/ €5.99 / £5.39 on its own, or is included in a Season Pass; there is still a DLC trial pack available for free.

It's unclear whether this pack is fully 'launched' or whether the process is merely fiddly, meanwhile. When we went into Toad's Booth and the DLC section there was no prompt to access the content — by pretending to buy a pack we already had through the Season Pass, the game then picked up that our content on the eShop had been updated. From this point on it downloaded and installed on its own; hopefully the process will be improved.

We gave Mario's latest golfing adventure a solid 9 out of 10 review not so long ago. Did you pick it up, along with the Season Pass? Or do you plan to cherry-pick the DLC packs instead? Let us know what you think of the new courses by posting a comment below.

Thanks to Jody for the heads up.

Yorumi

Yorumi said:

yep saw it up last night but was too late to download, will get it after work today, already have a season pass.

SavoirFaire

SavoirFaire said:

Good to hear! I picked up the season pass and really enjoy the game (even though I am awful).

Nabbit, however, I put on the same level as King Dedede: I want to do severe bodily harm to him!

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

If u have a Season Pass when u get to Toad's Booth, select Downloadable Content, then select View Content and it will update ur Season Pass with the new Flower pack no need to go through the process of repurchasing it. Though i do agree there should be an automatic season pass update notification once u turn on the game.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I like that the DLC gives you 10 extra challenges. It can make unlocking stuff a little easier if you get stuck on another course.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I don't really care much for Nabbit, but having some more challenges sounds good. I actually waiting on the DLC with Rose. Maybe I should just get the season pass.

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

I was wondering how is this going to work i literally just picked Mario Golf up yesterday on a deal as i wanted to get this Triple DLC pack before the deal ends as i reckon it adds alot of decent content and represents good value.

Windy

Windy said:

I ordered the game from Amazon on Monday hopefully have it tomorrow so I can play my buddy @Spoony_tech hopefully @LTGamer will join the fun. I plan to get season pass might as well enjoy it to the fullest

Vallu

Vallu said:

DLC is cool but I don't like the idea that DLC makes playing the normal courses and getting better scores in the game easier. Like Gold Mario being good for farming coins and getting mulligans & equipment. The DLC characters also seems to be better than the reguar ones. And like Rawk_Hawk said, DLC also makes unlocking stuff in the game a bit easier. Please, no more pay2win stuff...

Yorumi

Yorumi said:

@Vallu I don't know about nabbit but toadette isn't better than the regular characters. As it is you get enough coins from just playing regularly. The equipment is only for mii, and it needs that equipment to compete with all the regular characters. The dlc generally doesn't make the challenges any easier with only a few exceptions.

Overall the game is pretty well balanced and the dlc is definitely not pay to win.

SakuraHaruka

SakuraHaruka said:

@Dragonxflame323 If you played Mario Golf 64, that course is Yoshi's Island, It's one of the most difficult, the other course in this pack is Shy Guy's Desert, but both have a redesign and also both changed names, but the music and "the path" are the same.

Henmii

Henmii said:

So If I understand correctly: If I attempt to download a pack that I already have (Season pass, or free pack, or mushroom pack) then the game lets me know there is a update. When I download that update, everything is fine!