Nintendo Shows Off New Courses for Mario Golf: World Tour

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Sky Island! DK Jungle! Bowser's Castle!

Mario Golf: World Tour's getting closer to its retail tee time, and as a result Nintendo's keen to spread the word about the upcoming 3DS release. The company just recently confirmed online tournament details and Callaway branding, and has now gone a step further in showing three new courses on the way.

While standard courses will be included, these additions continue the Mushroom Kingdom vibe of previous reveals. Below you can see the Sky Island, DK Jungle and Bowser's Castle courses that have been teased.

This title arrives on 2nd May in both North America and Europe. Let us know whether you're keen to get into the swing of it, while you can also check out our Mario Golf: World Tour preview for our early impressions.

[via twitter.com]

SakuraHaruka

SakuraHaruka said:

2 week more, and Mario Golf!!
and 1 month and half month Mario Kart!
May will be the month of Mario, XD

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I was hoping for more changes to the formula than it seems to have.

(Something to actually have to learn in order to play it properly. It is the same as basically any old school golf game).

I managed to get a birdie on every one of the main holes in a really short try of the demo. After upgrades its just going to be even easier. (I would have expected to be getting a bogey every time).

On the other hand the special games are miles harder.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Bowser's Castle was a great course from Toadstool Tour, and this new one looks to be carrying on the tradition. I wish the DK course was Tropical Freeze-themed, but I guess it came out too recently.

Chubblings

Chubblings said:

For those that don't know, you can download the demo today (at least in EU Eshop)! I tried it out, and from what I've played, it's fun.

polarbear

polarbear said:

Tried the demo today and was not impressed by the 3D effect. I already have another golf game from the eshop, Let's Golf , so no buy for me.

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

The demo is great fun even if it is very limited. Really looking forward to the full game.

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur said:

I want this game bad but I'm not sure I have anything left in my budget to allow for the purchase. I also have waaaaay too many games to finish. But this game looks and sounds awesome. I mean who doesn't like the prospect of playing a Mario Golf title with loose RPG elements?

dumedum

dumedum said:

I wish this was on Wii U. I moved from 3DS playing to pretty much Wii U most of the time.

GloverMist

GloverMist said:

The demo was surprisingly good for me, I didn't expect the basic courses to be as much fun as they were! Sky Island's gonna be an absolute joy for me and my sub-par golf skills!

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

I love that RETRO's DKC series have brought new life to Donkey Kong in all of these franchises. First Mario Kart & now this. Lovely to see.

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

You know, I keep forgetting that this game is coming out with all the hype over Mario Kart and Smash Bros. I'll try the demo next week, but probably won't get it for a while. With Tomadachi Life, Mario Kart, and Kirby all coming out soon.

retro72

retro72 said:

This is THE 3DS game of 2014 'Fore' me !! :-)
I would pay much gold for a MG 3DS XL !! :-)

SDDMN

SDDMN said:

I'm getting the demo next week to sneak in some fun before the full game comes out! Easily one of my most anticipated games this year.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@JaxonH It looks great. Taking a shot is still just press a button when it get to the end and then press it again when it gets back extra button for such as backspin (And that is on advanced). You can get a birdie on every hole without even moving where its aiming (If you try then it seems to end up much worse). The zaniness that e.g Toadstool Tour had is gone. On the other hand the special games are incredibly difficult. But is with a none star character and no upgrades. I need to read reviews and wait until I know how much the full thing with the DLC is going to cost.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@unrandomsam

Not sure about the DLC, but I know I pre ordered my copy with Kirby Triple Deluxe for $29.99 each (well, $23.99 due to being a Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked member) as opposed to the traditional $39.99 MSRP. Although I've seen those games listed for both of those prices as well as $34.99. Guess it just depends on the retailer.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

My experience with the demo will seal if I get this or not. Reviews won't hurt either. I love those menacing Bowser Towers

midnafanboy

midnafanboy said:

hmm now im interested in this game now i should try the demo when it comes out to see if its good or not.

camerica1618

camerica1618 said:

My family played Mario Golf on the GameCube to death. I'll definitely be picking this up eventually.

somari

somari said:

Not a big fan of these games but would help Nintendo a lot during may for the ruin up for mario kart 8 for wii u.

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

Wow that DK level looks great! If Nintendo would offer the Mario Hat in NA I would likely splash down money for a preorder.

rylo151

rylo151 said:

what i don't understand is why is this game on 3ds at all? surely a golf game would be a million times better on wii u with motion controls? much better than press a and press a again when a bar charges up, that is all you do in this game on the main courses, most of the time you don't even have to aim your shot its already lined up for you.

TonLoco

TonLoco said:

Can't wait for this . I love Mario golf GBC. I hope it's at least as good as that game.