Swoon! Style Savvy: Trendsetters Is Getting "Dream Boyfriend" Mode In Japan

Posted by Damien McFerran

OMG!

Style Savvy: Trendsetters is a game which is unashamedly aimed at female players, and in Japan it's getting an update that is sure to get pulses racing. On April 17th, a new edition will be released which contains a raft of new features, the most interesting of which has to be the "Dream Boyfriend" mode.

In this new mode, you'll be able to create your own perfect date — complete with spiky hair, skinny jeans and non-threatening vacant expression — and spend some quality time with him in the land of your dreams. There will be a variety of romantic locations to visit and if you get bored then you can claw off his pretty little face and remodel it into something new. The number of virtual boyfriends is literally unlimited. Squee, you guys!

There's also an Augmented Reality studio to mess about it, and characters such as Daisy the florist and former co-worker Emmylou will crop up for more fashion-related fun. Card-carrying members of the Nintendo Girls Club are going to totes love it, y'all.

All of this will be included in the new version of the game, but existing users will be able to update their copies for gratis on March 26th via the 3DS eShop. There's no word on whether or not these modes will also be added to the western version of the game but the moment we know, you'll know, because the screams of delight from the Nintendo Life office will surely be audible all over the globe.

[via siliconera.com]

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

stop making fun of me damo you're just jealous that you'll never have a dream boyfriend like mine

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

While I'm not particularly interested in this new mode, I'm glad to see Nintendo is adding new features to the game.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

"OMG!" funny how that sort of thing is accepted but casual swearing isn't. (It annoys me far more the using the Lords name in vain thing probably because my mother is really against it).

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

"you'll be able to create your own perfect date — complete with spiky hair, skinny jeans and non-threatening vacant expression — and spend some quality time with him in the land of your dreams."

That made my day @Damo.

AyeHaley

AyeHaley said:

This is so friggin fantastic! I hope they release it over here, haven't played the game in a while and this would make me play it again. (The game is super awesome though! Best fashion game out there, even guys like me can play/enjoy it.)

Gimme mah man!

Phantom_R

Phantom_R said:

@unrandomsam Fun fact I learned--"the Lord's name in vain" refers to casually saying things like "I swear to God", not things like "oh my God!"

Style Savvy for life.

lamco

lamco said:

I kind of want this. I would have to hide it from from brother or else he will bully me :D

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@Phantom_R "In an irreverent or disrespectful manner" that is one of the definitions. With irreverent being "showing a lack of respect for people or things that are generally taken seriously." don't see how that wouldn't apply.

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

Your article had me in stitches Damien. Thanks for cheering up my week.
I played Style Boutique for some time while waiting for ACNL, and it was an enjoyable game - until I'd had enough of the girl who kept returning to my shop and NEVER liked anything I showed her.
Sadly I sold it back to Game and wouldn't be able to update it. Not sure I'd bother with a new version. I'm not really into non-threatening vacant expressions - been married to a non-threatening non-vacant expression too many years......although I don't know........

Zyph

Zyph said:

If this really comes west this is the closest thing to LovePlus we could possibly get. XD

Luna-Harmony

Luna-Harmony said:

wow cool I've been playing this game for over a year on & off it takes ages to finish it's a great game like a fashion rgp i look like a gothic vampire and sell big fluffy hats to everyone at $5000.

OmegaStar

OmegaStar said:

Cool, now make this game gender-neutral, and put a Dream Girlfriend. Also, I heard there are Animal Crossing clothes in this game.

khululy

khululy said:

Dream boyfriend huh? Damn sexists, objectifying males like that! it digusts me!
goes back to playing DOA and Senran Kagura burst on 3DS

Nintonic

Nintonic said:

@unrandomsam yeah, you are right. People need to take god more seriously, in here it is just a joke and while I get a few laughs at it, in reality we are talking about the superior being here. Any little remark of disrespect to him should not be taken lightly.

yuwarite

yuwarite said:

The guy in the 3rd picture looks like Cammy Dunaway from E3 2008 (http://tinyurl.com/q3rjuwj )

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

I'm on the fence with this one, mostly because I don't do a lot of sim gaming, but this might actually push me into getting this game if it comes west. I usually play as female characters anyway; might as well help one get a boyfriend.

Senario

Senario said:

@Tobias95 Because unlike this game, the main focus is actually dating one of three people. And those dating sim type games don't get localized legally.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

"non-threatening vacant expression"

I don't know why I find this quote so awesomely hilarious... but it might be because it's the perfect description for every single male pop star in Japan.

Mascarpino

Mascarpino said:

This is almost creepy. xD I see absolutely no value in this whatsoever except that it's so stupidly hilarious. It is pretty gosh darn funny.
The "non-threatening vacant expression" and the "totes love it, y'all!" made me laugh. xD

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

@Morpheel:- Sadly he's more the "chinos with the frayed trouser legs" type than anything else. Perhaps I could try the spiky hair and skinny jeans myself!

Konata

Konata said:

I mean I don't NEED this but...

I want it and someone better be localizing it :O.

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sakura_Moonlight2421 said:

:0 I've been waiting for a mode like that since Style Savvy came out for the DS! Guess waiting it out paid off if it comes to the west~

Animeneko1971

Animeneko1971 said:

I'll just bet if the update comes to the US it will be watered down, like the way we missed out on Kanokoi for men...