Ludosity Founder Favours the Wii U Version of Ittle Dew

Posted by Samantha Sofka

No release date yet

Ludosity, the studio responsible for 3DS titles such as Boulder Dash-XL 3D and Alien Chaos 3D will be making its début on the Wii U with its upcoming title Ittle Dew, described by developer Joel Nystrom as a light hearted action adventure game with a lot of puzzling and secrets to find. Though the game has already been released for PC, Mac and Linux, Nystrom claims the Wii U version is his favourite.

In an interview with Nintendo World Report he stated:

My favorite version is actually the Wii U version. Being the last and final version of the game, it has a little more love and polish than the other versions, plus it has some nice features the others don’t have.

The Wii U edition offers a map on the GamePad, supports off-TV play, and allows you to use both the Pro and Classic controllers. According to Nystrom, the developer didn't want to "go bonkers with the GamePad", so the aforementioned features are all there are. Nystrom also mentioned the game is geared towards speed-running, which is something the staff all "love at Ludosity."

One thing that will be missing from the newest edition will be online leaderboards.

Unfortunately, we don't have online leaderboards on the Wii U, since it would mean we'd have to set up our own servers, etc. That's a whole other ballpark that's outside of our reach as a small indie studio. We do still have locally saved best times, of course.

As for a release date there isn't one yet, but according to Nystrom the game is finally in submission; it shouldn't be long before we have another update. He admitted the studio has been saying that for a while and that he would "hold off on promising a set date" at the moment.

Check out the trailer of the game below. Is it on your radar?

[via nintendoworldreport.com]

TheAmazingThor

TheAmazingThor said:

This is also out on Android. I've been thinking about picking it up if it went on sale but I'll probably wait for this version. It's $5 over there.

justlink

justlink said:

finally, someone who likes the idea of gamepad use. Now, lets convince the programmers to go crazy with it. I wish they'd release Petit Computer U that you could use on Wii U

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

More games, more fun.
I'll keep an eye out for this one. Top down adventure games are what got me into gaming seriously in the first place.
Haha... Serious gaming...

TonLoco

TonLoco said:

Makes me wonder at the amount of content/length of the game when they talk about speed running. I can't help but think it will be a shorter experience when finishing the game quickly is a big replay feature. Still interested though.

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

Played it at GDC for ~10 minutes and really enjoyed it. Seemed like it might be short, but I'm definitely looking forward to it!

ArcanineArco

ArcanineArco said:

I really like the look of this!. I will definitely be making the purchase if the price is right

Action51

Action51 said:

Yeah...I'm not sure what to make of this game, it kinda looks like a Zelda/Mana spoof but also a bit of a weird puzzler in it's own right. I want to see what the final Wii U version is like.

It's good to hear another indie developer praise the Wii U...there's been quite a bit of that lately. Being someone who isn't all that excited for the big third party annual FPS and stealthers, I'm hoping some of these smaller, more creative development teams score the big hit that creates competition for the big, lazy, third party mega-publishers.

CDBz

CDBz said:

I'll buy it to tide me over until the next Zelda comes out. I like the concept a lot too!

TheWeird

TheWeird said:

And it's currently available on PC with 4 other games for £2.99 from Indie Royale. Bet the WiiU price is somewhat less generous.

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

A Zelda clone with a fox fairy instead of "HEY! LISTEN!"... I'm sold already!