Our original Japanese Charts post cited Media Create results from 4Gamer, but these appear to be incorrect. Our apologies for the error, and as an alternative below are the latest results from Famitsu.
Earlier this week we found out how Nintendo had performed over the festive period in Japan, with 3DS and Wii U dominant in terms of both hardware and software. The Famitsu charts covering 30th December to 5th January have now been released, and the trends have — for the most part — continued.
The software charts bring a return to the top for Pokémon X & Y. Just behind is the hugely popular Puzzle & Dragons Z on 3DS, while The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds sees its sales tail off but hold in third place. Wii U games hold the next three positions, with hardware bundles no doubt contributing; the top 20 is below.
1. [3DS] Pokemon X / Y (Pokemon Co.) - 152,888 units
2. [3DS] PazuDora Z: Puzzle & Dragons Z (GungHo Online Entertainment) - 151,806 units
3. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo) - 68,578
4. [Wii U] Wii Party U (Nintendo) - 66,708
5. [Wii U] Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo) - 60,397 units
6. [Wii U] New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo) - 56,372 units
7. [PS3] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Square Enix) - 50,033 units
8. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 (Capcom) - 48,622 units
9. [3DS] Battle For Money Sentouchuu: Densetsu no Shinobi no Survival Battle! (Bandai Namco Games) - 41,317 units
10. [PSV] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster: Twin Pack (Square Enix) - 35,481 units
11. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) - 31,795 units
12. [3DS] One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Bandai Namco Games) - 28,014 units
13. [PS3] New Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (Bandai Namco Games) - 27,971 units
14. [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go Galaxy: Big Bang / Supernova (Level 5) - 23,508 units
15. [3DS] Aikatsu! 2-nin no My Princess (Bandai Namco Games) - 21,970 units
16. [Wii U] Taiko no Tatsujin: Wii U Version! (Bandai Namco Games) - 21,441 units
17. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two Interactive Japan) - 19,829 units
18. [PS3] Gran Turismo 6 (Sony Computer Entertainment) - 19,774 units
19. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life (Nintendo) - 19,665 units
20. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (Bandai Namco Games) - 18,413 units
The hardware results bring drops for the Nintendo platforms, with the Vita and PS3 both enjoying increases. The 3DS (XL / LL and standard) are nevertheless dominant when combined, while even with a drop the Wii U remains well above its typical figures from most of 2013. The results are below, with last week's sales in parenthesis.
3DS - 187,920 units (208,893)
PSV - 88,169 units (75,207)
Wii U - 60,548 units (79,174)
PS3 - 40,941 units (27.020)
PSP - 12,069 units (9,451)
Wii - 1,727 units (2,719)
Xbox 360 - 1,124 units (770)
So there you have it, another reasonably strong week for Nintendo, with the Wii U still posting positive numbers compared to those so typical last year. The test for all platforms will be momentum through the rest of January, as it's typically a period short of major releases.