Feature: A Week of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Screens - Issue Nineteen

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Rainbow Road 3DS stage! Yellow things! Zelda! More!

We're a day late with this article, so our apologies. As is always the case Masahiro Sakurai took to the Super Smash Bros. Director's Room on Miiverse to share screens of Super Smash Bros., even doing so during the main Holiday week. He has confirmed that the pic of the day feature is taking a short break until 6th January; it's a well deserved rest too, Sakurai-san.

Last week did bring us the reveal of Zelda as a new challenger, which was certainly good news. Sakurai-san did bring us some intriguing information on a Rainbow Road stage for the 3DS version of the game and explained that Rosalina has an anti-gravity effect; both add to the potential awesomeness of these games.

The last screens of 2013 are below, and as always you can click on the date heading to visit the Miiverse posts in question and give them a Yeah.

23rd December

24th December

25th December

26th December

27th December

A rather good end to the year for Masahiro Sakurai's daily screens on Miiverse. Let us know which is your favourite out of these in the poll and comments below.

What's your favourite Smash Bros. screen this week? (366 votes)

Rosalina poses with Mario and Peach

25%

Rosalina & Luma battle with Samus on Rainbow Road

22%

And it was all yellow, as Coldplay once said

17%

Zelda gets regal on Skyloft

19%

The year closes with a gorgeous stage view

12%

Um, I can't decide

To be honest, I don't like any of them

Please login to vote in this poll.

Related Games

photofool83

photofool83 said:

So how about Starfy becomes a playable character and we get a new Starfy game here in the states. Sounds like a good idea to me. :)

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Rainbow Road is so gorgeous! 1 SSB for 3DS SOLD I hope there's a remix, or original version of the Super Mario Kart RR theme (my all-time favorite Mario Kart song) on this stage!

Yosher

Yosher said:

I would've gone for Zelda, but we all knew she would be returning anyway, so my vote this time goes out to the Rainbow Road stage reveal!

ACK

ACK said:

I vote for Peach pinching Link's pits with Zelda promising vengeance in the background...

Gioku

Gioku said:

I voted for the Rainbow Road stage!
...it was a tough choice between that and the first one...

...but the Rainbow Road one has Rosalina in it too! I didn't abandon you Rosalina!!! :D

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Rainbow Road. The last 3DS screenshot shows one of the best exclusives the portable version has to offer.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Heres hoping the Wii U version of Rainbow Road looks alot better than the awful, bland 3DS one. Ugh....

B-Squared

B-Squared said:

Gotta go with number one here. Love me some tall girls :P I guess this means she'll be light and KO'd easily, based on what Sakurai says. So...the opposite of her Mario Kart portrayals...

Gioku

Gioku said:

@Ichiban: IMO, the 3DS version looks better, graphically... have you seen the 3DS screenshots on a 3DS? They look gorgeous!

I'd say the 3DS version is utilizing its respective hardware more fully than the Wii U version is. But again, just in my opinion. ;)

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Rainbow Road for sure! It's so cool to finally see a Rainbow Road stage, it should be somewhat expected given the Rainbow Road in Rosalina's debut cutscene. I like Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road. Wouldn't it be awesome to hear remixes of all the Rainbow Road themes up to Mario Kart 8's in that stage?

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Holy crap, Starfy! That'd be an awesome playable character!! All the transformations would be really cool, plus palette swap for Starly! Gotta hunt down import copies of the non-US games now...

Rafie

Rafie said:

Definitely Rosalina. I thought I wouldn't be bias, but I am. :p Mario definitely has a better choice in her. Make of that as you will! C'mon Smash U!

BAGBOY

BAGBOY said:

Starfy's gonna come back as an assist trophy once again, it's common sense since sakurai does the HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! thing everytime a new fighter is revealed, same applies for xerneas.

K-Gamer

K-Gamer said:

I love Raibow Road, all of (Double Dash's was okay). Would love to see one on the Wii U based of the Wii's Rainbow road or 64.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

As if Mario wasn't looking already short enough next to Peach XD

But geez... leave some blondies to the others you greedy plumber!!! >o<#

ShadowFox42

ShadowFox42 said:

Can we please get Toon Zelda as a new character since we already have Link and Toon Link?