Video: There Are Four New Super Mario 3D World Commercials to Show Off Its Awesomeness

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

See, it's fun

We can finally say it, unequivocally, without the big embargo anvil over our heads — Super Mario 3D World is a wonderful game. It's magnificent, actually, which is why we gave it 10/10 in our review; it's a must own for Wii U owners and those planning to pick up a system.

Nintendo UK is keen to get the message out, of course, and has today released four new TV adverts for us to enjoy. They show off various aspects in short 30-second bursts, and we're certainly keen to see them on TVs soon, while North American viewers are hopefully seeing plenty of the "Pitch" series of commercials.

All four are below for your entertainment, so what do you think?

Worthy

Worthy said:

Nintendo adverts are like buses... you don't see one for ages and 4 come at once, lol!

BTW that voice over guy sounds alot like Rufus Hound.

Nareva

Nareva said:

Great ads, they make me want to play it more. I hope they make some for the US as well.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

US needs this kind of commercial for SM3DW. Here they show kids playing more than actual gameplay. Dx

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Why would anybody be keen to watch an advertisement ?

Its funny how every review doesn't comment on its length or much about its difficulty.

All I want is as much as humanly possible objective reviews written without any conditions placed on them. Sadly it seems there is nowhere that does that. (Someone who is the same as Greenwald is to governments but towards publishers.)

There is only one secret world that is a bad sign as well. (Only mentioned in one review). Collectables are an excuse we shouldn't need anymore when we can have basically unlimited levels instead.

tsm7

tsm7 said:

@unrandomsam There probably is only one special world because of dlc.
And, I believe, 3d land is the only mario game to have more than one.

B-Squared

B-Squared said:

ojskdjsdojaid I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN WAIT! These ads are better than the US's ads, that's for sure. Don't know why they have to be so corny. These at least show the GAME.

zeldagaymer93

zeldagaymer93 said:

@unrandomsam They aren't allowed to say much about it. I think the "one secret world" is pretty big kind of like in Super Mario 3D Land.

And I think it's been confirmed that there will be no DLC for this game.

Holly

Holly said:

First of all, I must say I find these a lot more engaging and appealing than what we've got here in the US (the "pitch" commercials). Second of all, why is the UK focusing on awesome gameplay while the US is focusing on the Wii U itself? Is the system a lot better understood and popular there?

Great_Gonzalez

Great_Gonzalez said:

This is what i like to see in my game adverts! 100% Gameplay :D Do not like the guy's voice though and the way he says mario!

yvanjean

yvanjean said:

@unrandomsam The game is 15 hours long if you simply play through and don't replay any level. The first 4 stage are apparently not that difficult but the difficulty level crank up in the later stage and does get quite difficult. The co-op mode and 100% completion will add to the experience and you will play much longer then 15 hours.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I can't wait for this game. If anything it will cause me to wipe the dust off of my Wii U thats been gathering there for the past few months.

withoutdk

withoutdk said:

looks fun.. and they seem to amaze me every time. :d the innovative skills of nintendo is great :D

AidenPearce

AidenPearce said:

@Holly because nintendo knows that a lot of people in the US dont know if the wii u is a new system or just a wii with a tablet

N64ever

N64ever said:

It's a me myrio! That accent is bad it distracts me from the gameplay footage. :D still like it though. And the reason we have the pitch series in the US is because most moms and dads who don't follow the tech trend 24/7 don't understand what the U is suppose to mean. But once you explain it then they get it.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@yvanjean Seems sad that the one thing I do like about 3D Land (Harder set of levels) is the bit they don't reimplement. (Cannot be the cost of just remixing the already existing stuff a bit as compared to the cost of the game that will be insignificant). Must be they never want you to be content after finishing it always want more. (To be fair after Mario World I never bought Yoshi's Island as it was too soon).

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

@N64ever All I know about the average American father comes from the program American Dad. (Seems quite an interesting place to be incidently).

N64ever

N64ever said:

@unrandomsam I believe there are a billion different versions of what the American Father is suppose to be and everyone of them is believed to be the correct version. Lol

yvanjean

yvanjean said:

@unrandomsam Stop making personal comment about a game that you have yet to play... Give it a chance if you enjoyed 3d Land on 3ds this game is by the same developer.

SneakyStyle

SneakyStyle said:

Great, so glad to see the big N finally stepping up it's advertising campaign for the WiiU.

I was starting to wonder if they'd given up, but i've got some hope again now. xD

biglee

biglee said:

@X-Factor I was going to say the same exact thing! Just give us game play trailers like this and let the game sell itself. Enough of these little kids whining to their parents about how they want a Wii U. No wonder it's labeled the kiddie console!

luckybreak

luckybreak said:

I simply am incapable of seeing video games from a "non-gamer's" perspective. i hope this does the trick to get people to buy it though!

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

@unrandomsam How is only 1 special world bad? 3D Land also had 80 or so levels spread across 16 worlds. In fact, as someone else said, 3D Land is the only game to have more than one special world. And most of the special levels were rehashes of levels from the first 8 worlds.

Traxx

Traxx said:

US boys, I bet you do not pronounce "Mario" correctly as well, since it's an italian name. Get over it.

Oren

Oren said:

As far as I'm aware everyone over here pronounces Mario that way. It only sounds odd to you guys in the US because you aren't used to it. In the same way that I think it sounds odd when I hear someone in the US pronounce it their way...

childofacid

childofacid said:

@Traxx actually some of us do since Spanish is pretty much a second language in the US. The Spanish pronunciation is the the same as the Italian. And Mario is my middle name. ;)

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

All Nintendo UK needs to do now is put the ads on mainstream TV, and not leave them on Youtube like other adverts. Here's hoping they break from the norm.

With regard to insulting other people's accents, I hope this forum is not going be ruined by fanboys and insult traders like other sites (or Xbox online game playing!). I don't think all Americans speak like 'Honey Boo' or Jersey Shore erm actors, and not sure why one person's accent should be an excuse for some Brit-bashing? We are all different people and should respect others.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

I say Mario like in these ads. I'm from Canada not the States though. I've known people with the name and that's how they pronounce it as well.

childofacid

childofacid said:

@Tasartir Are you saying I dont know how to pronounce my own name? In both the Spanish and Italian pronunciation you roll the R to make a D sound. (Ma-dio)