Kirby: Triple Deluxe For 3DS Floats Into Japan on 11th January, Teaser Site Goes Live

Posted by Christopher Costabile

Suck it up, Europe and North America

Everyone's favorite pink cream puff will be returning soon in a brand new adventure on Nintendo 3DS. Kirby: Triple Deluxe, as it was dubbed by the latest Nintendo Direct, has received an official Japanese release date, along with a brand new website. The game will be arriving on 11th January 2014 in the Land of the Rising Sun, which will hopefully mean a Western launch will follow closely behind.

New information and imagery continues to trickle in for Kirby: Triple Deluxe, as the release date announcement was accompanied by a teaser site that also happens to show off a small image of its Japanese box art. The new site reveals that the latest Kirby platformer will cost 4,800 yen upon its release, which converts to roughly $48 / £30.

While not much is known about Kirby: Triple Deluxe, the game's Japanese launch is only two months away, which indicates that new info can be expected to stream in steadily during that time frame. With preview footage for the title showcasing many of the classic skills and power-ups Kirby fans have come to know and love, Triple Deluxe may deliver just what fans want. It may not be too long before we find out.

[via nintendo.co.jp, siliconera.com]

KevTastic84

KevTastic84 said:

My love affair with Kirby goes back to having Kirby's Adventure on the NES. A game i ranked closely up there with Mario 3 as my fave NES game. No game in the series has come close in my opinion. Maybe that's jus my age speaking. But this new title does intrigue me.

Goginho

Goginho said:

Funny how this last Direct showed nothing about this game, as well as Yoshi's New Island, and yet, it seems like their release dates are around the corner, whereas Link Between Worlds has been getting a constant stream of footage since it was first announced back in April I believe.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

This looks no different that return to Dreamland, it looks like the same exact pink fluffy overly easy & passive experience all over again, but in 3D with game design that pronounces & utlizes the effect to it's fullest. that alone warrants a copy from moi! haha. :P

Seriously though, Sakura needs to wake the heck up and bump up the challenge, at least plunk in a 'hard' mode from very start instead of having to complete the stinking game to unlock it. :P

Jese_1

Jese_1 said:

@CountWavula I do think it's being made with the same engine as Return to Dreamland, but bear in mind how underwhelming 3D World looked based on its first trailer.

Can't judge until we see more really, but I love Kirby so it'll be a day 1 release for me.

Spinak

Spinak said:

Wow didn't expect this to be out so soon. Since its coming out already in january in japan. After that it will probably be out in Europe within the next 6 months. 2014 is already looking a good year for 3DS with Yoshi's Island, Mario Golf, Kirby 3D and Super smash brothers for 3DS. Who knows what else Nintendo will announce after New Year.

Nomad

Nomad said:

Mmmm, triple deluxe. Sounds tasty. Seriously though, with Kirby,Yoshi and SSB just around the corner we've pretty much covered most of Nintendo's best games. What's left? Metroid, F-Zero, Earthbound?

Kirk

Kirk said:

All the recent Kirby games really do have some of the best art in any of Nintendo's new games. You can tell that Kirby really is Iwata's baby because he makes sure that the developers [artists] get the presentation and style in these games just totally spot on in my opinion.

I wish Nintendo would put this kind of love and attention into the visuals and presentation of their currently generic and "safe" looking New Super Mario 3D games because the gameplay in the New Super Mario platformers is actually superior for the most part, as it is in the Mario platform games across the board basically, but the presentation is looking a bit lazy and by the numbers in the recent 2D Mario games and even the best 3D Mario games don't have quite the same level of artistic flair and "realization" that the recent Kirby games have been receiving. I mean Kirby's Epic Yarn is without any doubt whatsoever one of the most visually stunning 2D games Nintendo has ever made. You have to wonder why Nintendo's flagship Mario games don't look anywhere as visually stunning and inspired as all these recent Kirby titles.

Imagine, just for one second, if the New Super Mario Bros games actually looked this good (as all the recent Kirby games have been whether they be 2D or 2.5D, on handheld or home console, or whatever), and were this polished in terms of overall graphics and presentation...

See, here's the thing, despite not being a graphics "wh*re" in the slightest, not in any way related to the actual graphics tech behind the visuals whatsoever at least, I do 100% believe these visuals are so appealing that they alone make you want to "play" in the world, regardless of how the actual gameplay holds up outside of that. That's the power that stunning visuals just done right, in terms of artistry, presentation and the highest level of polish, can actually hold.

When people simply say "graphics don't matter", I don't think they quite understand what they're really trying to say or what's really going on in that whole "debate". Visuals ["grahics"] are one of thee most important parts of the human experience when it comes to video games; especially when they are done right. Not the only part and not thee defining part but still absolutely essential imo.

Anyhoo, what I'm basically saying is this game looks great, as do all the other recent Kirby games, and I'd like to see that Mario games get a little closer to this level or artistry, beauty and overall polish.

I REALLY hope at least SOME of you guys can see and know what I'm talking about when I point out what these games are achieving visually/artistically/graphically/presentation-ally/texture-ally//non-shiny-plastic-ally/animation-ally/character-ally/charm-ally/beaut-ally/polish-ally; far beyond ANY of the recent Mario games.

B...E...A...utiful.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

The 3DS is just getting better and better, with Kirby here and it's looking good!

@Nomad It's not really in the category with those, but I'm still holding on for the next Golden Sun game, on the 3DS this time. :)

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

is this gonna be a remake of 3 previous kirby games? I haven't played any kirby gaems before but that's what comes to my mind when I heard a title such as triple deluxe

Azikira

Azikira said:

The end of that trailer is so funny, kinda catches you off guard with a big 'WHACK'!

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

@Kirk
Nintendo needs to hand more franchises over to 'GoodFeel' aka the developers for Epic Yarn, Yoshi's Yarn & Wario Land Shake it! I think they'd do a tremendous job bringing a new 2D hand drawn(or whatever visual art style they choose to do) Doki Doki panic sequel to life and then some. I understand what you're saying about the current visual state of Mario, although 3D World does look rather impressive, but it's still not exactly taking things to the next level and still bares that same simplistic design as seen in the NSMB series + SM3D Land.

Heck, i wouldn't mind seeing a new 2D spirtual successor to Super Mario Land 2: 6 golden coins done in claymation. Just something different ya know? Nintendo needs to break out of the polygon-mold and go back to sprites or do something hand drawn. They need to break up their predictable routine. The launch trailer E3 debut of 3D World was so SAFE it hurt, fans expected more, i know i did. But nintendo has a knack for turning things around in the end, both 3D World and A link between worlds(which also looked unimpressive in the 1st trailer) are receiving phenomenal reviews. Also, I'm just not a fan of the guys behind the NSMB series(It's the equivalent of reusing the same wallpaper), they need to pass the torch to somebody more daring and unpredictable and they also need to up the ante in terms of difficulty and give 'purpose' to actually collect coins. Why would i need to as is when i'm getting 1-ups handing to me left and right like trick 'r treats on halloween.lol Thankfully Inafune brought the tough as nails difficulty with Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 especially, that one was just beyond irritating. :P

Nintendo's has been churning out mildy challenging games one after the other as of late. One of the reasons why i love 'old' capcom so much is that they made you work! They created some of the most INtense, frantic, kinetic and challenging boss battles in the biz. :*

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Wow; that is much, much sooner than I thought it would come. I think that's even sooner than the gap between the announcement and release of New Super Mario Bros. 2. Hopefully the Western releases aren't too far ahead.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

I wonder why it wasn't talked about in the NA direct. Don't get me wrong Zelda looks cool but they only talked about two of the games coming in 2014. I wanted more information about Yoshi's New Island and that Mario Golf game.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

This Kirby game does look pretty interesting, but I haven't played too many of this franchise. I hope that the release of this game can change that. I might try one of the already released Kirby games first though so I see if I can be converted into a fan.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I'm not a big fan of Kirby games but still, I might give it a shot.

(I've played: Kirby's Dream Land, 64, Super Star Ultra, Sqeak Squad and Epic Yarn).

allav866

allav866 said:

@Dpullam I personally recommend 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure. It's a remake of the first Kirby game to introduce the copy ability that made the series as popular as it is today. It's also my first and favorite Kirby game, and it's given me some fond childhood memories, so I owe the game my strong heartfelt recommendation.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

@Jese_1 Wanted to add to this...Sakurai doesn't work on Kirby games anymore. Also, Returns to Dreamland did have a hard mode.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Ooh, that music.... Might have to pop in Return to Dreamland again. Although I do hope Kirby gets another wacky/experimental 3DS game down the road, since the franchise on DS was basically a testing ground for weird new mechanics (canvas curse, mass attack). Dream Course 3D, please and thank you?

Kirk

Kirk said:

@CountWavula

I'd actually stick the fully 3D visuals personally, there's just so many benefits to it, but I'd just try to capture that more "toon-ish" or "classic" look that Kirby has managed to retain, even in going to 3D, but in the Mario Universe. I think if you used that graphical/artistic approach to do one of the Mario platformers that it would be the best looking Mario game ever (be it 2.5D or fully 3D or whatever), bar none.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

Remember when Iwata said they'd be announcing games close to their release? Well Kirby Triple Deluxe appears to be a perfect example here.

We've only known about it for a short time and already it's coming out in Japan within a couple months.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

@allav866 Actually, 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure is the only Kirby game I own and I liked it fairly well. Do you have any other modern recommendations that could potentially convert me?

2Sang

2Sang said:

This is why the 3ds is one of the greatest systems ever (and why wii u is one of the worst). When a game like this is a minor announcement, you know the lineup is awesome. Zeldas, pokemon, kid ic, sm3dl, mk7, fe, acnl, luigi's mansion, plus an awesome eshop lineup.

Toodles

Toodles said:

Can't wait for this! I loved Return to Dreamland, but I'm definitely more of a handheld gamer, so having a Kirby game along those sames lines on the go is a dream come true!

marnelljm

marnelljm said:

@2Sang They seem to be putting all of their resources into 3DS. I cannot wait for Kirby though! Next should be a 2D side scrolling Metroid (Metroid 5)!

FX29

FX29 said:

I didn't expect them to release the game that fast, but the sooner the better.
Looks like I'll be picking up another 3DS game in the next couple of months.

2Sang

2Sang said:

@marnelljm I can see it now: Metroid 2d 3d
Throw in a non remake starfox title, a starfy game, and the yoshi & Smash bros coming out, this could be the greatest handheld ever! I lol so hard that the stupidest gimmick console turned out to be a legend.

RR529

RR529 said:

Hope it releases in January or February in the States as well (being a Kirby platformer, there can't be all that much to translate...).

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

@2Sang - Yoshi 3DS is being handled by the undead leftovers of Artoon (the company that will not die despite Artoon itself having long since gone away, which Nintendo keeps letting make shoddy Yoshi games for some reason), so I wouldn't hold out much hope for that one, lol. The previews already have it down as pretty ropey.

Dang, how do these Kirby games always completely miss my radar? I love Kirby games, but I didn't even know about the second Wii one until I saw it on the shelves haha.

ledreppe

ledreppe said:

@Goginho

My thoughts exactly, I want both and know little about them, don't want Zelda but know more details about it! :-/

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

@Dpullam: Get Kirby Superstar Ultra. That was the game I played when I returned to the Kirby series and I was hooked. One of my favorite Kirby games ever, if not my #1 favorite.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

@DestinyMan Another person also suggested that same Kirby game so I am certainly intrigued. I want to be a Kirby fan, I just haven't found the right game to make me one yet. I'll check out your recommendation since you give it high regards. Thank you.