Hyper Light Drifter Confirmed for Wii U

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Summer 2014 is the target

Not so long ago we told you about Hyper Light Drifter, a "2D action RPG" that was seeking funds to bring its games to a variety of platforms. Developer Heart Machine added a Wii U stretch goal at $550,000, and as a sign of this project's popularity it's now passed that total with a little over a day to go.

At the time of writing there's only one more stretch goal for this Kickstarter campaign at $600,000, with the funds raised reaching nearly $570,000; the developer is yet to reveal what that stretch goal will be. Prior to the Wii U goal a number of additional targets had been hit, unlocking features such as a New Game+ mode, a co-op campaign and an online challenge mode. It's come a long way since its original $27,000 goal.

If you haven't seen much of this game yet check out the pitch video below; it certainly looks promising.

[via kickstarter.com, destructoid.com]

Jamouse

Jamouse said:

This game always reminds me of Neon Genesis Evangelion for some weird reason.

MAB

MAB said:

Awesomed... Bring on more of these types of real games ;)

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

The Wii U is getting more and more interesting by the day. I'll be sure to get mine before the end of the year. And I'll make a point of buying every cross-platform indie game that interest me for it instead to support independent development for Nintendo.

Vriess

Vriess said:

Off-screen play confirmed as well :P Can't wait for the Disasterpeace OST!

Kirk

Kirk said:

This is a lovely looking game.

Great artsyle and it also looks like the gameplay and rest of the design is going to deliver too.

Looks like it's going to be one of those big indie hits.

ArkOne77

ArkOne77 said:

I simply can't wait for this game! Looks fantastic. Love the music in the trailer too....We need more of this goodness here for the Wii U

JustinH

JustinH said:

Power to 'em, always glad to see another game make it to the Wii U, but it totally escapes me how this campaign snowballed and so many others over the last month or two just scraped together their minimum ask.

BlackStar9000

BlackStar9000 said:

I only wish my other Kickstarter game made it to the Wii U/3DS, River City Ransom Underground, but this is fantasic news seeing how far behind this was at the time of announcement, it seems that all games that include a Wii U stretch goal early enough seem to make it. Looking forward to seeing my name in the credits :)

Shambo

Shambo said:

Come out, come out, whenever you are ready.
I'll be waiting impatiently.