Hometown Story Will Be Released This Month In North America

Posted by Andy Green

A new 3DS title from the creator of Harvest Moon

Natsume has officially announced a release date for the upcoming 3DS life sim Hometown Story. It will become available this month in North America, on 22nd October to be exact.

Those unfamiliar with the title may be more acquainted with its creator's other popular game, Harvest Moon. Indeed, Yasuhiro Wada is at the helm so the hype surrounding it is naturally growing by the day.

Looking at the footage and screens we've seen so far, it looks as though it will be a similar experience to Harvest Moon but Wada told us in a recent interview that the characters will be much fresher and will have more of a story behind them. It sees you interact with the many townspeople while running a quaint little shop, which you can expand as time goes on.

Hometown Story is also coming to iOS too, but it will focus on in-app purchases. It should be pointed out that the mobile iteration only features the shop-running segment. The core elements appear to have been developed with the 3DS alone in mind.

Rising Star Games is behind the publishing in Europe and has not yet announced a release date.

Are you looking forward to picking up Hometown Story? Let us know your thoughts on it in the comment section below.

[via twitter.com]

GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare said:

will it be on the Eshop? if so I might get it... I don't feel comfortable buying this kind of games in physical stores... here in Brazil only the gamers that only
buy dudebro shooters or gore games are respected...

deku-scrub

deku-scrub said:

Wow! This fall just keeps getting better and better for 3DS owners! I'm gonna be broke by the end of the year tho...

JellySplat

JellySplat said:

I probably won't buy it new... however if the price ever drops, i'll be there to catch it.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Why is everything coming out in October?? Its aleady game overload. I would've considered this maybe a few months back but now it would have to be bargin bin sometime next year!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

My wallet is beside itself in tears right now. This has been a great year for the 3DS, i don't care what anyone else has to say about it :O

Klinny

Klinny said:

I'm excited for this game, but I have to agree with @Spoony_Tech, it's video game overload! I just got Rune Factory 4, and soon Pokemon X/Y. But this title still looks charming, so I will try to make time for it as well :)

SPUD

SPUD said:

I would love this, I'm enjoying Harvest moon a new Beginning, it only arrived in Europe on 21/09/2013. I hope I don't have to wait as long for this to come
here. But I won't hold my breath!

edhe

edhe said:

But I'm waiting for Fantasy Life to come out, personally.

Two different games, I'm sure, but I like the look of Fantasy Life more than this.

Plus that character design is really creepy. Did I mention that?

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

@GuSilverFlame I've never had a problem being "disrespected" while buying my lighter Nintendo stuff from stores around here. In fact, all of the local stores I visit in my city (Salvador) went through an Animal Crossing craze a couple months ago, and I'm sure the same will happen again a week from now with Pokemon.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

You know while I typically like Harvest Moon and am okay with farming...

I'm not so sure about owning a shop.

The game claims to have characters with deep, diverse interactions, unlike previous games where you could get 1-2 lines of repeated text a day, but I have not seen an actual example or description of what constitutes as deep, diverse interactions.

GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare said:

@ricklongo in Barueri things are different... believe me... maybe it's in São Paulo as a whole, but in Barueri things are worse...

edit cool!! I didn't know there was another Brazilian here! :D

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

That's just great every game I'm getting this month comes out that week. Hometown Story and Lego Marvel Super Heroes all come out on the 22nd and on the 25th Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate and then Sonic Lost World comes out the following the 29th, o well better saving now.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

Kinda of life simulated out ATM (Animal Crossing New Leaf and Harvest Moon a New Beginning), but next year???? I'll be sure to pick this title up!!!!!!

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Might pick this up but I want to see a review first.

@theblackdragon: Totally agree, there are still a bunch of games that I need to play, not to mention the ones I still need to buy.

capitalism

capitalism said:

Just picked up Harvest Moon a New Beginning this week so this will have to wait until next year. I'm really waiting for Natsume to release a Harvest Moon for Wii U though. Every time I watch the opening cinematic in a New Beginning with the awesome graphics I dream about how dope it would be if thats what the Wii U Harvest Moon game looked like.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

The game looks fun, but I am still playing a lot of Harvest Moon New Beginning and probably getting Rune Factory 4 in a few days. But by the launch time, I will probably look at it more closely.

malle66

malle66 said:

yes yes I have it pre-ordered at Gamestop. So many great 3ds games coming out lately, I'm swamped. i love my 3DS XL.