Hey Australia! You're Getting The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Chest Too!

Posted by Andy Green

Will be a free gift with pre-orders at EB Games

Earlier this week Nintendo confirmed a special musical chest would be a special bonus for those who pre-order The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on 3DS at GAME in the UK.

As it turns out, the lovely little gift is actually part of a limited edition set exclusive to the retailer that also features a 3DS eShop download code for The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and an artwork poster.

However, as soon as Nintendo revealed the chest for the UK, every other region wanted to know if they'd also be getting the chance to store their 3DS cartridges in the special gift.

It is popping up in other countries, with GAME in Spain also offering the item, and we now know Australia will also be receiving the focus of everyone's desire, as EB Games has confirmed it will be offering it with pre-orders. However, the retailer will not be including it in the same set as GAME and will simply be giving it away without any extra cost.

The special The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3DS XL is also an EB Games exclusive in the region, though the website is sadly only offering the chest with the game.

Both the special 3DS XL and the game will be available on 23rd November in Australia, the day after Europe and North America.

Will you be picking this one up, Australia? Are you pleased to be getting it as part of a pre-order or would you have liked a deal similar to the one GAME is offering in the UK? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via ebgames.com.au, game.es, vooks.net]

shaneoh

shaneoh said:

Hooray, this makes up for the lack of WW bundle. Now don't distribute it anywhere else so the rest of the world knows what bull Australians have to put up with.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

@shaneoh how about noooooooooooooooooooooooooo :P we guys in the west pray this comes to canada/united states MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SNESuperior

SNESuperior said:

Soooo, only EB Games in Australia is getting it? No announcement for the EB in Canada yet?

Gioku

Gioku said:

I want this sooooooooo bad! :O
It may be silly for me to go crazy over a little plastic musical game case... but it's the best friggin' game case EVER!

Here's hoping it comes west! :)

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I am not buying it from Game no matter what. If I can get it somewhere where the game costs £35 or less I might get it. (I know a child who would love it).

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm a bit disappointed that its not the collectors edition with the poster etc. Though I'm also glad that as it's just the treasure chest that it's not a seperate collectors edition but rather a preorder gift :D EBGames have secured my preorder with them now, can't wait to put some 3DS games in that thing & have it play music when I find my treasures! :D

yoshisaredragon

yoshisaredragon said:

@shaneoh
so while others wish you guys could get breaks and get more stuff, you are hoping no none else could be happy when they didn't do anything

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

It sucks it's not included in the 3DS XL bundle, I'm totally getting that and I'm glad it includes a download code, but I don't want to buy a physical copy to get the chest.

TCJester

TCJester said:

The Aust EB Games site doesn't seem to advertise the music box. You have to click on a link for the game to see it. Might be worth it for other countries to check.

Morph

Morph said:

Do we think this would fit ds games too, would be nice to keep spirit tracks and phantom hourglass in there

RainbowGazelle

RainbowGazelle said:

You lucky Australians. Game would have my money in a second if it was free pre-order gift. However, as it stands, they're not getting a penny.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@luisesteban

I totally agree with you, my fellow Costarican! I would rather see this everywhere so I can get it from Amazon. As the Ganondorf figurine should have been.

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

I would be so dissapointed if this doesn't come to America. It's so cool!!

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

@AdanVC Well then prepare to be disjointed because preorder bonuses like this hardly ever come to America at least for Nintendo games, I would want the The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Chest Too but I don't think it will ever happen or even come to NA club Ninendo. :(

WreckItRyan

WreckItRyan said:

And it holds games. I can't ask for more, except for the fact that these need to be brought to America!

darthllama

darthllama said:

I'd offer my first born for this to come to the US. Will even throw in the second born too.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

It's so beautiful. Well, now I know what to pre-order so I can have a Christmas gift for my sister, at least :P Wouldn't mind another of these...