Jett Rocket II Planned for 3DS eShop Submission Next Week

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Some new screens look rather tasty

Shin'en Games' Jett Rocket was, despite the odd nagging issue, a standout WiiWare title, delivering fun 3D platforming to the download platform. With that legacy, and the developer's consistent high quality in its titles, we're certainly curious and hopeful for 3DS eShop sequel Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai.

With promises of the 3D adventure running at 60 frames-per-second in 3D, it has the potential to be a bit of a technical marvel, too. Shin'en has been targeting a Q3 release and, based on an update it's issued to its followers on Twitter, that seems entirely feasible.

Good news for eager fans, as we may not have long until we see whether this one lives up to its potential. In the meantime there are some new screens to gawk at, below; is this on your 3DS eShop wishlist?

Grubdog

Grubdog said:

Looks stunning, can't wait to see it in 3D. You guys are ridiculously fast too, that tweet was 15 minutes ago.

Anyone have an idea how long Shin'ens games usually take to get released after approval? Some games it's not too long, but there's stuff like Mutant Mudds Deluxe (EU) that disappears off the face of the earth.

DePapier

DePapier said:

Awesome, and yeah, I really want to see it in 3D!

Can't wait for the reveal of that Wii U racer!!! :D

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

The more I play Shin'en games the more I'm convinced they can't make a really good game. I might give Jett Rocket II a try but I'm doubtful, the first one was boring. It didn't do anything bad, it just wasn"t fun

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

I simply love these guys :D Although im a bit sad that it ended up as a sidescroller instead of a 3D adventure (way too many sidescrollers at the moment...) im definitly going to get it day one :)

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Einherjar A few months back the said they were adding 3d levels to the game and from those screen shots it looks to be true. Wow this game looks even better then last time. I'm really hoping this is good as I want it!

rjejr

rjejr said:

@DarkCoolEdge - I agree the first 1 was a bit boring, but I put a lot of that blame on Nintendo and it's 40mb limit on games. Compare that game to all the other open world 3D games on Wiiware at the time and it was quite an impressive feat. Now that the Wii tech demo is out of the way I'm assuming they can focus on making this into a real game. Looks very good so far. Wish it was on Wii U though :-(

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Einherjar I'm trying to find where I read that and can't seem to find it. I could've swore I read it somewhere. Hope its true but now not sure!

Metalskull

Metalskull said:

Iv'e seen some demos of this, the platforming looks amazing i just can't wait for this one!

Shambo

Shambo said:

It's on my 3ds retail hope-list... All of their games are on my retail hope-list, I do get most as a download, although that's a shame for such quality games.

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

I've been waiting for some news about this game's release for a while now. I'll be downloading this the very second it's made available.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Grubdog

Aren't you confusing Shin'en with Renegade Kid?

Still, this one looks fun. I like Shin'en games, so I may give this one a try, depending on how much they ask.

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

This is one platform game I`ve been looking forward to the most. My bets are on a rare 9/10 review score from Nintendolife.

JimLad

JimLad said:

The first game was good but clearly held back by the 40mb limit. (how they even managed to fit it into that space is amazing to me) 3DS owners are really in for a treat with this one.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I greatly await this game, Jett Rocket was amazingly good fun & I'm hoping the sequel goes even further with the awesomeness :D