- Number of Players
- Single Player
- Action, Adventure
- Release Date
- 28th Jun 2010, 1,000 points
- 2nd Jul 2010, 1,000 points
- Jett Rocket
- Controller Support
- Nunchuk + Wii Remote
- Feature Support
- Widescreen 16:9, 480p
- Official Site
WiiWare gets pushed to the limit in this fun 3D platformer
It’s clear that Shin’en Multimedia knows their way around WiiWare. After delivering the lovely Art of Balance, the German studio’s follow-up is a platformer with unparallelled looks on the service. Jett Rocket looks excellent, yes, and we’re happy to say that it plays well too and...
About The Game
Jump and run and fly!
Let Jett Rocket explore the beautiful planet of Yoroppa and find out why it has been attacked by the evil 'Power Plant Posse'. Ride the ocean on your Jet Boat, parachute from giant cliffs, speed through arctic regions on your Jet Snowboard or skyrocket with your Jet Pack. Just be Jett Rocket in this epic futuristic full 3D Action-Adventure!
The screenshots look awesome. Can't wait to see a trailer!
Polished game is polished
Looks like Super Mario Galaxy. Which makes me excited for this!
Now that's a very very very nice looking WiiWare game!
I mean look at the awesome reflection/refraction effect they have on some of the metal surfaces (the player is reflected and distorted in realtime).
I'm still in shock at how good this looks, even for a full Wii game never mind the fact that it's a 40MB WiiWare game.
This does look amazing, but they need to work on the character's face. Looks kinda odd to me.
I really REALLY hope that they don't trade graphics for length. This game looks phenomenal - So phenomenal that I'd probably even pay $20 for it off the shop channel, but I'm really afraid that they put so much time in effort into the graphics that it's going to end up being a really short game. I mean, I realize it's a Wiiware game, but they don't all have to be short. And especially as an action/adventure game, it should offer lots of hidden levels, or collectables, or SOMETHING that makes me want to look at all that pretty detail twice.
Or that most of the resources spent on the game, the graphics, took over the size limits. In this case, don't blame the developers, blame Nintendo.
Wow. Looks like a mix beetween mario galaxy and rachet and clank, which are both epicly awosme. Is this really for wii ware? Because of the graphics and gameplay, it looks like it should be an actual concel game. wow. again wow. I am so getting this game.
This looks great, all except for Jett is freakin' ugly.
While this is overall a good game I have certain gripes that I think are worth mentioning.
1) While the waggle used for charging the jet pack, moving the ski lift, rotating platforms, dashing enemies, throwing bombs, and pushing buttons is responsive...there is no reason why the use of a button is not an option. I'd say more but we all know the rant. DEVS, are you listening, many of us don't like waggle when there are free buttons available, how many times do we have to say this.
2) The camera centering button should be the bottom of the dpad rather than the top. We all know already that the top of the dpad is the hardest button to reach on the wiimote.
3) The game does not play directly off of an SD card, it has to be on the system memory...Considering the well known shortage of this memory and the fact that the wii uses it for caching (some games won't even load if you have too much stuff on the system memory), this is a major gripe. Of all the games on VC and Wiiware I've downloaded, only one other has this issue.
1) The use of the - button for jumping off the jetboard while functional is odd considering B and Z are available.
2) Occasional camera issues: Sawblade Canyon has two very obvious ones. One is when you cross the circular platform you end up running towards yourself. The other is when your backtracking from the top button and you cannot look towards the water (where the extra life is), and further when you approach the telescope and your forced to run towards yourself again jumping blindly towards the telescope. There are others but this makes my point.
On the positive side of things the looks and sounds great, smooth frame rate, offers some variety like the jetski, jetboard, and parachute. But without a doubt, my one BIGGEST COMPLAINT is forcing me to WAGGLE non stop (thank god it's at least responsive). I'm not against it being there, I am against not having other options. Some may enjoy it but for many of us it is a constant and bothersome nuisance.
Veryyy excited for this. I hope it delivers!
loosks pretty awesme, but I want good gameplay too, not just good graphics, hope it deliveres
Where is the review NL?
played the demo reminds me of games like spyro the dragon and what not realy fun
Tap here to load 15 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...