Super Cute Mega Man Nanoblock Sets Emerge in Japan

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

No new game from Capcom again... again

Mega Man is still in his 25th Anniversary Year, and what delights he's received as promotional gifts in his honour. We've had themed USB drives, miniature statues, and even a Rush tissue box. And yet, as our imaginary real-life Blue Bomber opens present after present, the one thing he wants the most isn't there. A new video game so he can show the world that, yes, he's still in proper video games.

We always have fan efforts on PC, of course, some of which threaten to be rather good, but Capcom itself is happy to keep the merchandise coming. Two fresh discoveries are the pictured Mega Man and Cut Man Nanoblock sets, which are — as the name suggests — rather like miniature LEGO. They're being sold on the Japanese e-capcom site for ¥1800, which is roughly $18. These sets are certainly prominent in Japan, but there's always a chance they could come to the West if Capcom decides to make it so.

You can see a couple of additional images below. They're certainly cute, but not quite the new Mega Man product most desired by fans.

[via destructoid.com]

Yosher

Yosher said:

So much Mega Man. And yet only one game with him in it is announced. And while it's a wonderful game that I will most certainly pick up day 1, Mega Man should receive a new game of his own too.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

If SSB4 came out this year instead of next year, the inclusion of Mega Man would be the best thing Capcom did for Mega Man on his 25th Anniversary.

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

Dear Capcom, thanks for al the memories but just go ahead and sell the franchise to Nintendo.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

@Shambo Unfortunately I don't know. I know how to get some Nanoblocks at some stores, but not these pokemon ones or Mega Man ones. Probably the internet.

Obito_Tennyson

Obito_Tennyson said:

It's about time! I've been waiting for this all year! The countdown is over and we have this gift from God! Thank goodness! We don't need a new Mega Man game, we got over 20 of those in only 30 years. My prayers are answered.

SuperiorTech

SuperiorTech said:

Maybe they're secretly working on a new game! On another note, I'm glad it's actually BLUE unlike those statues..

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

I'm okay with no new Mega Man game for now since I'm still enjoying 2-4 and 9 and 10 immensely (just got into Mega Man early this year). I also still need to try X2 and X3. Nevertheless, Capcom should make a new game if they don't want to lose their fans. I'm just wondering how much longer they're planning on teasing with all the merchandise and no new games.