Rumour: Deadpool Could Be Heading To Wii U

Posted by Andy Green

Amazon.ca lists the game for a Wii U release

Activision could be set to release Deadpool in June for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. The publisher has never mentioned a Wii U version but it appears there may well be one on the cards in the future as online retailer Amazon.ca has listed the game for Nintendo's system.

Wii U has seen some support from Activision since it launched - with titles such as 007 Legends, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct and The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition - so a Deadpool release wouldn't be too far-fetched.

The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions are down for a 25th June release, while the Wii U listing comes with no date and offers to notify customers when it becomes available.

We'll be sure to let you know if this becomes official.

Would you like to see Deadpool on Wii U? Let us know by leaving a comment below.

Thanks to Mathew for the tip!

[via amazon.ca]

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

Deadpool's hilarious but I've never actually played a game with him in it.
Depends on how good the game will be.

Sanqet

Sanqet said:

I have to be honest I've never heard of it before so don't know what the game is about or if it any good

Dark-Luigi

Dark-Luigi said:

I also heard that this is coming to the Ps3, so since I don't have a Wii U yet i'll get it from there, oh and I can't wait for @Bulby to see this!

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Game looks great, Id pick it up for sure. Which reminds me "Spider-Man" is a now show around local stores, I better get on it.

nik1470

nik1470 said:

Could Activision be hedging its bets. Maybe its seen what next box and ps4 has on offer and its not convinced they will fly off the shelves.

banacheck

banacheck said:

nik1470

WTF?, so why on earth would Activision have developments team working on next gen games if that the case, and spending years building new game engine for next gen?

8thGenConsoles

8thGenConsoles said:

I'm tired of 3rd party devs not announcing games that they are making for Wii U. If you announce a PS3 and 360 version then why not announce the Wii U version too? Why do you have to keep us waiting for confirmation?

Saturn

Saturn said:

Why would Activision care about a near dead system from last gen but think the new black is chopped liver. As in the tootsie pop commercial the world may never know.

TheAdrock

TheAdrock said:

@WiiURockz , I assume its because there's a huge existing market of PS3 and 360 owners, but the U market is so tiny that its not economical to invest in a port to that platform. The original Wii outsold the Wii U in April.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

i had heard a rumor a few months back about this game just yesterday i looked it up but still dont know much about it so maybe if it did come to wii u i would get it :) you guys should of posted a trailer for it or something

@theadrock13 nice pic :P

NINTENBOY

NINTENBOY said:

I have a friend who really likes this character so it would be cool if it did make it to Wii U. Hopfully Activision hasn't been hanging out with EA!

Midnight3DS

Midnight3DS said:

I'm playing through X-Men Legends 2 again, and Deadpool reminds me why he deserves a shot at his own game.

Though I'm braced for mediocrity.

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

Maybe they'll announce an ultimate edition later, just like Amazing Spider-Man..........and then Deadpool...........well he'll be Deadpool.

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

This doesn't look too good. And considering its from Activision, I'm even more skeptical. However they did seem to do a good job with The Amazing Spiderman.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

If this is true, I'm getting a Wii U on June 25th with this game. Can't wait! I don't see many ways ut can make use of the gamepad, but its Deadpool, so its automatically awesome :D

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Im really skeptical about Deadpool overall. What if its like Spiderman: Ultimate Edition which got a 6/10 on NL?

rjejr

rjejr said:

I didn't know much about this until I read about it in Game Informer yesterday and now I want it. Sounds like DMC in the Marvel (predominately X-men) universe.

BTW - GI mag listed PS3, Xbox360 and PC on June 25.

I think Nintendo fans need to choose between complaining about WiiU not getting PS4 games b/c developers say the system isn't powerful enough or PS3 games b/c developers think the WiiU is next gen. I don't think it's fair we get to complain about both, some games will have to miss the WiiU and somebody should be right.

AltDotNerd

AltDotNerd said:

@LuigiMan200 The only game worth playing with him in it is Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I think he was in Ultimate Alliance, but I don't remember him saying anything funny.

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

I read the one comic with DeadPool vs Wolverine. It was hilarious. I kind of want this now.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@AltDotNerd: He had a much bigger part in Ultimate Alliance 2 and yes I too like his DC counterpart Deathstroke a bit better but you can never go wrong with Deadpool.

That said I will be keeping an eye on this game and see some reviews before I get it.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I haven't heard much hype about this game so I am not sure how excited I should be if it came to the Wii U.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

@rjejr I'm not sure your logic checks out. It is pretty normal these days for a new system to get games ported from the previous generation as well as the newer games.

taffy

taffy said:

Yeah cause Amazon never list things by mistake! Sorry guys this isn't coming to Wii U

nik1470

nik1470 said:

@banacheck because you can not predict the future and they have been working on it for years. With increased power comes increased development costs my point was activison has to be able to easily port a game to multi-formats and not miss any system out for development to remain viable. You may have noticed Ubisoft doing the same thing

Gfunkerelli

Gfunkerelli said:

I been wanting this game when I first heard/seen it. If this is true I am so gonna buy it

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

Everybody's favorite jerk anti-hero, making an appearance on Nintendo? No one is safe from Deadpool anymore. No one. This game will rock. Especially if it comes to WiiU.

P-Gamer-C

P-Gamer-C said:

@nik1470 Thats silly wii u is not flying off the shelfs because the only games available are on other systems and run and look better on the ancient systems all real gamers cant wait for next get to really start

nik1470

nik1470 said:

@P-Gamer-C so you've got a new TV that can output in 4k right? Otherwise it would be like playing a ps3 through the scart on a CRT. Enjoy the 'next gen' brah!

P-Gamer-C

P-Gamer-C said:

@nik1470 I already am silly it's called pc but i will be purchasing a ps4 out the jump can wait for sonys awsome first and third party support and when it drops pc will stop being handcuffed lol good news unless you waited for the wii u to get games lol

excited-gamer

excited-gamer said:

It's being made by High Moon Studios. Developers of Transformers: War for Cybertron/ Fall of Cybertron. If you've played those games, you'll have a lot of faith for Deadpool. They were awesome! So I'll definitely get the game!