Climax Studios Working On Two Wii U Titles

Posted by Andy Green

One looks a lot like Prince of Persia

Update:

In response to the Prince of Persia-esque image above, Ubisoft has now said the following:

The screenshots in question are from a prototype created by one of our partners, not a game currently in development. Prince of Persia remains an important element in Ubisoft’s portfolio, but we’re currently focusing on other brands and have nothing new to share at this time.

It looks like that art was from a Prince of Persia project that has since been dropped.

Original Article

Climax Studios, the developer behind Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Overlord Dark Legend on Wii, has confirmed it's working on two unannounced titles that will be released later in the year.

The UK-based studio has posted screenshots from the upcoming games on its website, showing off what looks like a Prince of Persia-style "character action platformer" and a frightening horror title complete with creepy dolls and mannequins.

There's no official news on the platforms the two titles will be available for, but the studio’s website did state that it’s developing for Wii U, PlayStation 4 and "other new consoles that we just can't talk about yet" - which is most likely the next Xbox.

What are your thoughts on these two titles? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via xbox360achievements.org, gonintendo.com, gonintendo.com]

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

I may be interested in the platformer if i can see some in game footage. Never really cared for horror games though.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Honestly I would love to see Climax do another horror game. They are one developer that can pull it off without turning it into an action game.

ninja89

ninja89 said:

@SpaceApe
As opposed to another FPS or game that involves guns, c'mon who are you trying to kid?

Anyways, hopefully it is Prince of Persia but I'm more interested in that creepy screenshot. What the heck could that be? If it's a new IP, please be awesome!

NintendoPro64

NintendoPro64 said:

Seriously folks, don't let the whole EA and Epic Games fiasco fool you. Wii U has more developer support than it looks.

Xilef

Xilef said:

So it's not coming to PS360? Doesn't this make this the first multiplat game to be on all and only next-gen consoles? Also woulnd't this mean PS4/720 games can be ported to the Wii U without losing much, or am i just thinking/hoping to much?

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

It's been nearly twenty years since I last played a Prince of Persia game, and all I remember about that one is getting very bored flying around on a magic carpet. I understand the series has changed a lot though and I'd certainly be interested to see reviews.

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

Well can't be too excited about an old prototype no longer in development. But Ubi still has the Wii U covered nevetheless

Henmii

Henmii said:

Nice screenshots! As for the horror title: That's just Robin Williams as a robot, from that certain movie! Lol!

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Bummer, I've enjoyed all the Prince of Persia games I've played & have been looking forward to them making a new one for ages.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I love the sound of that creepy mannequin game. I love scary games but I'm totally opposed to the occult and such, so Silent Hill and Project Zero are well out of my desires, which is a real shame because I hear they're really good horror-based games.

Big_L91

Big_L91 said:

yeah after there go with silent hill im super stoked to see them tackle another horror game!

apa-sl

apa-sl said:

Silent Hill Shattered Memories was a blast, I want more from this studio! ;-)

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Some people dismiss Shattered Memories as not really "Silent Hill," but for me it was one of my favorite experiences on the Wii. Really affective, loved the use of the speaker and the non-combat. I'm keeping an eye on you, Climax.