Animal Crossing: New Leaf 3DS XL Bundle Confirmed in The West

Posted by Andy Green

It will be available on launch

Yesterday we reported that UK online retailer ShopTo had listed the limited edition Animal Crossing: New Leaf 3DS XL sparking rumours the special system would be making its way to the West.

Thankfully we didn't have to wait too long to find out as it was confirmed during today's Nintendo Direct presentation that the console will be coming to both Europe and North America on the same day the game launches in each region.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be available in North America on 9th June, while Europeans will get the game five days later on 14th June. The North American bundle has a suggested retail price of $219.99, there's no recommended pricing for the European version but expect it to start at around £190/€220.

Those who buy the bundle will find the game pre-installed on the special edition 3DS XL. Nintendo are pushing people towards the downloadable version so players will always have it on the system to enjoy whenever they feel like it.

Will you be picking up the special bundle? Let us know what you think to it in the comments section below.

WiiULoveGBA

WiiULoveGBA said:

If the design didn't look like one of those long-sleeve shirts for toddlers from the 80s/90s Id buy it lol. I just want plain all white/black Reggie!!!!

Konata

Konata said:

It's pretty cute.
But I don't wanna spend money for a new XL when I already have one.

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

Since I should already have two 3DS XL consoles (blue/black and a new white one) by the end of the day I have no need for this one. It'd be an amazing collectible though. :)

rdenton85

rdenton85 said:

Animal Crossing being installed is a huge advantage,
But it doesn't matter as there is no way to transfer downloads and ambassador titles :(

JMDS

JMDS said:

This, along with the Luigi system coming out in Japan, looks like a design you would see on a diaper or children's hospital wallpaper. Not a great follow up to the Pikachu 3DS XL, which looked like a Happy Meal pack-in.

But hey, if ya like it, great!

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

In America, our choice of colors for the 3DS XL is:
Baby Boy Blue
Rosy Ribbon Red
Pretty Prissy Pink
Youthful Yippee Yellow
And I believe I will call this one "Silly Saccharine Sprinkles."

It seems to me that the XL was designed for adults. It's a bigger system with bigger screens and better battery life. So, why Nintendo of America insists on selling a system designed to appeal mostly to adults only in colors designed to appeal mostly to children is beyond me. I have nothing against colorful electronics (the more color options, the better), nor do I have anything against anyone who actually likes these colorful options. But you should always start with a standard color option (Silver, Black, White) and work your way out from there. We've had the XL for almost eight months now, and we still don't have a standard color option. Europe, Japan, and Australia all have both the Silver / Black one and the All-Black one (even South Korea has the Silver / Black system). As far as I'm concerned, this is completely unacceptable. I've e-mailed Nintendo about this twice now, and I would urge anyone who agrees to do the same.

MakeMyBiscuit

MakeMyBiscuit said:

Still no black = still no upgrade to the 3DS XL for me :(

I too don't understand this. I was watching the 3DS Nintendo Direct expecting to see the 3DS XL coming in all black.

Sometimes its like North America is treated liked one of Nintendo's smallest markets and not one of its biggest. What's the deal NOA?

Rerun

Rerun said:

Yeah. I can't complain if JPN gets specials but EU and NA should have similar packages. EU was ahead on the Pikachu edition, they also got the MH3U bundle. To make matters worse, I cant even get a Nintendo console on Amazon! I just don't understand what's up with NOA.

NintendoPro64

NintendoPro64 said:

Looks amazing but I'll have to pass. I am getting a blue 3DS XL so I can apply for that free game promotion. :)

KodyWB-98

KodyWB-98 said:

Since I just bought the LE Pikachu 3DS XL, I probably will not pick this one up. Besides, it's appears to be a little plain to my taste.

astroshamu

astroshamu said:

Wish it looked better, would of been cool to have an outline of grass and a sky and some trees

NodesforNoids

NodesforNoids said:

I'd like a Zelda 3DS, in anticipation of the new game.
As a result, I am determined Nintendo releases one.
And will wait till then for the 3DS / XL (had a 3DS during the software drought, regretting getting rid of it now..).

jrpacman

jrpacman said:

What happens to the pre installed software when you transfer everything from your old 3DS? I want this so badly!

Victoria

Victoria said:

Too late Nintendo. I already upgraded to an XL. You're not getting anymore of my money for a new system. I will download Animal Crossing, though.

Bragoon

Bragoon said:

@jrpacman All the unique data from both systems is merged into one account. So if you buy this and do a system transfer from your old 3DS to this one, AC:NL will just show up in the eShop available for download, along with all of your other games.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

@rdenton85 yes there is...it's called the system transfer...i've done many before and trust me the two systems eShop data merges on the target system so that you have all of your games. I've done this with an ambassador system to another 3DS before.

JellySplat

JellySplat said:

Wow that looks really cool!
Ive been waiting for a new 3ds xl bundle to come out,
and i am a huge AC fan!

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

Fortunately I already bough the Pikachu yellow 3DS XL.
Too bad that the Animal Crossing special edition 3DS XL doesn't have any of the cute characters of the series on it. This design looks more like a Christmas edition, not an Animal Crossing edition.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I think Nintendo has taken those 8 year olds off the Wii U assembly line and put them in charge of coming up with new XL color designs for us here in NA. :'( :'( :'(