N++ Announced At GDC

Posted by Andy Green

No news on platforms yet

Founded in 2001, Metanet Software is an independent developer specialising in fun free-to-play web browser games. It found fame in 2005 with the release of N, a platformer that sees you play as a ninja running through levels avoiding obstacles and collecting gold.

A DS version of the game was released in 2008 called N+ and it was generally well received - since then, however, the studio has been relatively quiet.

Well, fans of the 2D platformer will be pleased to hear that Metanet Software has announced the next and final iteration of the series, N++. During this week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco the company's president Mare Sheppard admitted the studio had been struggling lately, but felt it could get back on track by working on another N game.

There's no news on the platforms N++ will be playable on just yet. Though N+ was a physical retail release on the DS, it's fairly likely it will be a download title, which could well end up in the Wii U or 3DS eShop. N+ was downloadable on Xbox Live Arcade before it was ported to the DS.

Are you excited by the prospect of N++? Did you manage to play the DS version? Let us know what you thought to it in the comments section below.

[via shacknews.com, gonintendo.com]

pikku

pikku said:

Oh man, I played through the DS version so many times. I would definitely buy this game.

HyperOsmotic

HyperOsmotic said:

When I first read the headline I thought this was some new nintendo specific programming language.

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

That's brilliant news, I absoutley adored N+, bring it on!

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

I would absolutely love to buy N++, my cousin got me N+ and I have been playing for a such a while now! IF it comes to the 3DS or Wii U, this title is one to keep my eyes on.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I played the demo of N+ quite a while back and it was interesting. I'm not sure if I would buy this unless it was reasonably priced.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

The DS version was brilliant (if not a little impossible to finish for me anyways) but a great game and I would definitely buy a sequel!

Rect_Pola

Rect_Pola said:

goody goody
A download makes sense. Thinkin about it, I wouldn't be opposed to a download combo with N and N+. We could call it N' (prime)

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

N!!! Singlehandedly made my day. If it's on 3DS, it's gonna be a day one purchase. Or a day two one, depending on when I manage to boost my eShop credit.

Hopefully the game won't snub the 3DS just for the sake of pandering to HD, though.