Scribblenauts Unlimited Was Briefly Available On The European Wii U eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

And it's been downloaded

Earlier this week we told you about the delay to the European release of Scribblenauts Unlimited on Wii U and 3DS, due to "changes" that needed to be made — no real details were given. It appears as if someone forgot to tell the team that manages content on the Wii U eShop, as it made a brief appearance on the platform; not only that, at least one UK gamer has successfully downloaded it and is enjoying the game right now.

That lucky gamer is Joe Merrick (@joemerrick), as he confirms in the following Twitter exchange.

The Wii U eShop entry has now apparently been removed, though the image below does show that it was an available product. We may not know the specific reasons for the delay in Europe, but for the odd lucky eShop customer it's not an issue.

Thanks to Nintendaan for the tip.

Related Games

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I wouldn't go believing one guy on twitter that he managed to get it, but if this is true, then why has it been delayed? Someone has some explaining to do...

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@Peach64 The snap from Nintendaan shows that it was there with the purchase option. He even went away to add funds etc and, by the time he was ready, couldn't get it downloaded. The guy who downloaded it has been tweeting about it since, and I believe he tipped Daan off, prompting the pic.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

@ThomasBW84 ah okay, that's more convincing. Thought it was all based on that one line tweet. Reminded me of being in school and people would claim they managed to get a game 6 months early because a store accidentally put it on shelves ha ha.

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

Wouldn't it be great if Scribblenauts Unlimited was getting an X-box 360 and PS3 release, in six months, along with the Wii U version! I bet that's what'll happen!

DePapier

DePapier said:

I'm expecting them not to release it in Europe eventually. After all, that lucky gamer is saying it's completely functional. Expect a Ubi very soon.

DePapier

DePapier said:

And look!!! Language is not even an issue!!! Why else aren't we having our game then?

craigmoss19

craigmoss19 said:

I saw this on the eShop as well but because it's not a game I've been following or been that interested in I didn't think much of it

OptometristLime

OptometristLime said:

I bet he's freaking enjoying it too, lucky punk!
Funniest thing ever, his Internet connection was racing da popo.

Monsti

Monsti said:

Come on guys. Nintnedo just started using the internet. Give em a break. ;)

SilverLightning

SilverLightning said:

what if when hes playing it a secret code comes up with information on how to make a real magic note book, and thats why it was delayed so 5th cell could use the code for there own evil purposes and remove it from the game

Wiiner1

Wiiner1 said:

I ordered a copy, then they said it was delayed. but my copy still came today and no bugs/glitches yet.

bowsersblog

bowsersblog said:

I noticed a few people on the Miiverse European Community Board for Scribblenauts stating the have it downloaded and installed. They had the check mark in their post for the game as well as showing they were from the Europe. So it was up for a short bit. Might as well just put it back up

Gilius

Gilius said:

After my returning. I was shocked to come back and see this! I have to go by Scribblenaunts. Though, I am curious of when this "downloadable content" is out.