Cryamore Confirmed to be Adventuring Onto Wii U

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Inspired by classics such as The Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Secret of Mana

Not too long ago we told you about an intriguing project seeking funding via Kickstarter, a Zelda-inspired action RPG called Cryamore, which eventually set a stretch goal of $225,000 to include home console versions of the game, including Wii U — we assume this to mean the eShop platform.

The good news is that the project closed with $242,309, going well beyond its initial target of $60,000. The amount raised should mean that the title takes on a whole new life, with developer NostalgiCO confirming that features such as voice acting and an in-game arcade are now very much on the agenda.

Clearly the Cryamore team now have plenty to do to get this game ready and shipped, but it looks like another interesting small developer will be bringing its creation to the Wii U eShop. We'll certainly be watching this one closely.

You can see the Kickstarter pitch video below, so let us know what you think.

[via destructoid.com]

KAHN

KAHN said:

wow, they tried cramming in as much humor as possible into that video.

Placlu

Placlu said:

They tried wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too hard on that video.
But it's neat to see all these kickstarter projects coming to WiiU, Nintendo is really stepping it up on the indie scene. :)

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

@Placlu
The Wii U is going to be the best platform for indie devs this generation aside from PC this generation thanks to the creative possibilties of the gamepad. And it will be wonderful.
I threw in a bit of money in there, will definitely be pciking up this game when it comes out, looks great :)

shake_zula

shake_zula said:

Have they even started it? The character design and humour are great, but I'd need to see some real gameplay before backing.

LDXD

LDXD said:

Inspired by Zelda, metroid, and secret of mana. Count me in day one :)

bfletchtone

bfletchtone said:

This looks like it has quite a bit of promise. I would donate based on the hilarious video alone.

Jahir

Jahir said:

Are those Pit's and Paulatena's voices? Anyway, it looks interesting.

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

I hope all these indie games get the sales they deserve on the Wii U. I already have some great titles from the eShop. I was thinking that I wouldn't ever have to buy a separate hard drive but I think I may have to in the not too distant future.

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

I didn't do the backing thing, but the game had my support. This'll be a day one purchase, also making it my first indie game to buy.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Yay! I love all the indies coming to the Wii U! Now only if Bastion could come to the Wii U..

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I'll say it again, Bliss is hott! It's not bad but I hate the fact that they're pitching. They bloody well better release a new 'thank you' video from the team that shows the 'work' they've been doing (IE more gameplay)

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

This looks like the best Indy game since World of Goo in my mind. Can't wait for a release date.

Nibelilt

Nibelilt said:

Yay! I didn't have anything I chose to back it with, but I'll definitely buy it day one. :D Hopefully it will move along pleasantly for them.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I supported this game and advertised it like crazy~

Just in case you guys were wondering, anyone who helped back the program ($15 or more) will get a digital copy of the game on the platform of their choice. I talked to the devs and asked if that included the home consoles and they said absolutely. So my Wii U has a new game that isn't even out yet :P

Marks

Marks said:

I don't like the design of Esmy too much, but Bliss is fiiiiiiiiiiiiine~

Placlu

Placlu said:

@bulby1994 It's also because Nintendo are way more relaxed on how things are done, specially pricing. So yea, both eShops will be getting a lot more attention which is good game wise, but bad for my wallet :P