Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate Demo Whipping Into The 3DS eShop Before The End of February

Posted by Andy Green

A little taste test

Back in January, Konami producer Dave Cox revealed the upcoming 3DS title Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate would be getting a demo before the game hits stores.

It turns out he's true to his word, as Konami has announced a demo will be in the 3DS eShop in both North America and Europe on 28th February — a week before the game itself launches.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate is released in North America and Europe on 5th and 8th March respectively; Konami's joining some other publishers in allowing gamers to give its title a whirl before fully committing to a purchase. It should help those who are currently sitting on the fence to decide whether it's worth the investment.

Will you be whipping into the 3DS eShop to download the demo? Let us know in the comments below.

[via siliconera.com, officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

After seeing some footage of this I now want to play the demo to see if ill like it. I wasn't to sure about how it looked but if I like the demo its a definite buy!

Xilef

Xilef said:

Nice. Goinf to check it out. Want to complete Lords of Shadow on the PS3 before buying it though (if it turns out good).

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I have never played a Castlevania game before :o I think it's pretty much the biggest franchise I've never experienced. It's kind of funny, I remember anticipating the first DS game, and trying to pick up the GBA ones pre-owned, but could never find them for a good price. I never did get around to picking up those DS versions either.

I'll be checking out the demo, but I'm unfamiliar with this Lords of Shadow thing. Do you really need to know the story from the PS3 game?

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

@Peach64 I don't think so, I might be a good idea, but from what I've heard the lords of shadow 2 picks up after the other one but this one is like a sidestep.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Can't wait for the demo and hopefully I like it enough to pickup the full game. As for Peach64 - no you don't need to know the story really. Here is castlevania in a nutshell: The Belmonts fight Dracula and his minions for generations already, but there might be more to that, which you will explore in this game. End. :)

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

i'm downloading the demo and i already have this game pre ordered so i'm getting it regardless. if i don't like it i'll just return it or trade it in.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

NO NO NO!!!
No demo!!! Please!!! NO DEMO!!!!!!

I loved the DS titles, but at this round I decided to save up my money; a demo could have the potential to break my resistance and make me buy it at launch day DX

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

Demo's are always welcomed.
I don't have high hopes for the game,but I'll play the demo to see if it changes my mind.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Definitely getting the demo. Getting the game would depend on the demo itself. And the reviews.

Nintendawg

Nintendawg said:

I'm getting this game day 1.
On a related note, isn't it high time Nintendo gave us demos for their games as well?
Their elitism is quite unbecoming.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

This aint' Castlevania. People new to the franchise are going to get a false impression of how 'traditionalVania' actually plays. This looks almost 2D God of war-ish. I hate it when western developers destroy classic franchises. Silent Hill, 3D Castlevania, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City ect. Anyways, negatives aside i'm still somewhat excited to try out the demo....I'll just gow in with low expectations, like a drained vamp awaiting his next turdish meal.lol

I suspect NL will score this with a 7-8. Now Get back into gear Konami Japan and give us Castlevania V!

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

I have played this series since the beginning and I love the blend of styles that is going on here. I don't get all the hate for combat in which you have to think. That has been present in most CV games.
It's like people seem to forget that not a lot of Castlevanias have ever been the same style or at least didn't incorporate some major new ability until the Metroidvanias. They were great but I don't need another one of those for years.
I love the fact that the combat is seems more visceral.

warlocknem

warlocknem said:

Being a huge fan of the series it pains me to see other fans mostly always just talk about the GBA/DS games as if they were the only titles that existed.