Space Harrier 3D Flying To The West Soon

Posted by Damien McFerran

Fantasy Zone, here we come

Space Harrier 3D has been given a "G" rating by the Australian Classification Board, which means it won't be long before we see the game flying to the 3DS eShop in North America, Europe and Australia.

The game is a faithful replication of Sega's seminal arcade blaster. It features 3D visuals and other enhancements. The Japanese version has been available since December.

Are you keen to get your hands on this Yu Suzuki classic? Tell us in the comments section below.

[via vg247.com, gonintendo.com]

Xilef

Xilef said:

Played this on the MD Collection on PS3. It was pretty fun. Not sure if i'm going to buy it again though.

hendie001

hendie001 said:

This game was not bad back then but i don t know about now would rather see bayonetta 3DD lol

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

Best way to get more 3D classics from them is to support them by buying them ;) I for one can't wait to snag this up!!

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

Nice to see more classic Sega stuff on 3DS. Talking of which, its been ages since there has been any new Game Gear games added to VC (i'm in Europe). Hoping more come soon and Sega haven't abandonned their support of the 3DS VC (outside of Japan).

luminalace

luminalace said:

Finally, I was getting worried that this was going to either be a no show or released much later.

Bejeeta

Bejeeta said:

Oh Yeah! Mine! I've got it on Wii Virtual Console, PC emulation and now even portable. Take my money!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I need a review before I even touch this. Is rather have that Saturn game with the dragons that's similar to this style of gaming! Somebody help me out? What was that called? Never mind Panzer Dragoon or something like that!

AcidFox

AcidFox said:

Yes. A thousand times yes. Space Harrier is probably the first classic game that will definetly benefit from the 3D treatment. How about some Super Hang-On?

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I will gladly pay 10 dollars for this, but I would be happier with $8, %5 ect. Anyone have a good questimate on NA's price?

NImH

NImH said:

The gameplay videos I've seen of the Japanese release look and sound rad! So, if this does well, anyone think we might see Sin and Punishment 3DS? I'll buy this just to support the genre on 3DS.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

Release date: NEVER

I'm betting that as NA STILL Doesn't have Sonic labyrinth or blast after almost a year of the game gear launch

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

^^ sadly you're right, we don't, but those 2 games are still in the Eshop VC list and say "coming soon" end of 3rd page lol

YorkshireNed

YorkshireNed said:

oh yeah, I'd get this in a flash...this is the kind of game 3d would really work for, unlike vertical scrolling shooters & 2d platformers!

Frozenx07

Frozenx07 said:

I already have this as part of the Genesis collection for Xbox, but I would definitely buy it again for the 3D. I look forward to reading the review on this site!

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@TheDreamingHawk: Yeah, what's up with that? Both games are instant buys for me! I love how they handled the Game Gear games on the VC. Full screen, custom button mapping, blur on/off... Too bad the Game Boy and NES VC games don't allow the same options.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

I am interested in this but not until Sega drops their lawsuit against Level 5.

That or the lawsuit is dismissed.

Windy

Windy said:

I hope this does well if so we might see some sega Classics released in 3D like Hang on, Outrun, Enduro, Monaco GP, AfterBurner all of these in 3D with a little clean up and some additional levels would be awesome. Would be funny to me if all of these made it to 3DS and kind of a burn on Nintendo. It just feels like Nintendo is not bringing enough of it own Classics to the 3d Table

Windy

Windy said:

I would love to see Shenmue come back. It would be perfect for 3DS heck just port the original to 3DS. I wonder how hard it would be to port some Dreamcast games to 3DS. Imagine Phantasy Star Online on 3DS! OMG

Windy

Windy said:

@KnightRider666 Yes you do :) I would love to see some of sega's best converted to 3D classics. if Nintendo wont do it anymore maybe sega will. Capcom is also slipping up no Castlevania or Megaman 3D Classics? COME ON MAN! lol