Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight Heading To Europe And North America Next Year

Posted by Orla Madden

Music to our ears

It has been revealed, via today's Nintendo Direct presentations, that Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight will be making its way to the west next year. Pokémon developer Game Freak released the rhythm platformer on the 3DS eShop in Japan some months back, and the game will now be introduced to North America and Europe in early 2013.

Game Freak decided to take a new direction with HarmoKnight, a musical platformer that sees the player run through stages collecting notes and attacking enemies to the beat of the music. There's no specific release date yet, though the European Nintendo Direct mentioned that it'll be available in March 2013.

Will you be dancing to the beat of Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight's drum next year?

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Definitely on my eShop Watch List, another 3DS eShop gem to be sure.

I believe Japan got a demo version of this, hopefully we will too.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

I think people might not be so quick to yell insta buy when they see the price.

It's the most expensive thing in the JPN eShop (1800 yen) which be eshop conversions is $18-$20, or ~£16

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

3 months away? I guess I can wait... but it'll be worth it, along with Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Animal Crossing: New Leaf!

IsawYoshi

IsawYoshi said:

Fluidity, harmoknight, denpa men, night sky, piccross 2, cave story+ and I got to pick up fallblocks. There just are too many good games coming out on the e-shop! (bear in mind that I am european)

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

@Chriis
Not really. Pokedex 3d cost almost exactly the same. (Yen/100 = dollar price.) The same goes for Pushmo/Pullblox (600 yen, $6). I haven't checked any other titles, but if anyone wants to name some that don't convert like that, I've not heard of them.

It's much more likely to be $18 and £16.20, in which case I'll be waiting for a sale. The game is definitely not worth nearly 3 times Pullblox.

Windy

Windy said:

Cant wait! been waiting for news on this one and this is the best news. save your moneys boys this aint gonna be cheap. it was over 15 dollars in the japanese Eshop I dont see any reason why they would lower the price for North America and Europe. Its a quality title I wish it had a cartridge option but oh well. has anyone played the Japanese version that can give us thoughts?

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Yeah I'm very glad to see HarmoKnight coming the e-shop this coming year! :D

Will be very much looking forward to this title. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

I didn't pay very much attention to this game when it was announced for Japan (for obvious reasons), but after seeing some today, it does look interesting. Kind of reminds me of Bit.Trip Runner.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Best news of the Nintendo Direct for me, since the game looked fun and interesting since the beginning. It's going to be at the top of my 3DS eShop wishlist for a good time now.

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

I've been very patient for this game...

At least we know it's coming now!
(and that it's a while off :()

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

This was $20 in Japan. Keep that in mind.

I will only buy if they have PMD music or music from Red and blue or B and W. Of couse original sad songs are nice for me too.:)

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

If the world is still here in 2013, then I will get this, hope they have songs from Pokemon (which they proabbly do) Drill Dozer, and Pulseman and other game freak games.

zipmonStaff

zipmon said:

WOOHOO!!! =D That's the news of the day for me, I can't wait for this game!!

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Wow, I didn't know it is so expensive. I'm not so sure about downloading it now. Luigi and Fire Emblem go first.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

I didn't really pay much attention to this until yesterday,when I saw that trailer in the Direct video,and I must admit it looks brilliant.
Will get it,but it depends on price.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

That's good to hear, this game looks awesome! I hope its not too hard for me as I'm not that good at rhythm games but this looks really fun. Hopefully, there will be a demo.