Rayman Legends Demo Finally Arrives In The Wii U eShop

Posted by Andy Green

Three levels to satisfy your hunger

Ubisoft's highly anticipated Wii U platformer Rayman Legends is set to be released in the end of February (1st March for the UK). The game was originally penned down as a Wii U launch title but was unfortunately put back, however Ubisoft did say it would make a demo version available on the eShop from the off - something that mysteriously never happened.

For whatever reason the demo was pushed back as well, but we're now happy to announce that it can be found in the Wii U eShop. North Americans should find it in there right now while European gamers should be seeing it imminently. It's 578MB in size and is limited to just 30 plays.

It contains three levels from the game: Teensies in Trouble, Toad Story, and Castle Rock. For those who have played the demo in store or at an expo, Teensies in Trouble and Castle Rock may be familiar to you, but Toad Story is a new level that sees you gliding through the air saving creatures along the way.

Will you be trying out the Rayman Legends demo? Let us know your thoughts on it in the comments below.

[via nintendoworldreport.com]

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

Hope for you downloaders that Teensies in Trouble works. I tried on a demo unit and the cpu Rayman would only go so far, then stopped advancing. Couldn't figure out why. I mean, I made the path for Rayman.

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'll probably download it and play it, but I'm really not too excited to be honest considering I played Origins (which wasn't that exciting) and the demo for Legends at a booth (which also wasn't that exciting).

dequesi

dequesi said:

What's the limit? The demo won't be downloadable after 30 days? Or will it stop working 30 days after you download it? Or 30 days after you play it for the first time? Can someone clarify?

luminalace

luminalace said:

I just checked the Aussie eShop and there is still nothing here except for the same FIFA 13 Demo. Please come Down Under!

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Will be downloading this when I get my Wii U,I've played a bit of Teensies in Trouble,and I did enjoyed it.So it'll be nice to play it in the comfort of my own home.
But Nintendo seriously needs stops these 30 play limits,it's stupid especially with the game still 3 months away.

Emaan

Emaan said:

I'll be downloading all 3 demos, since I could use playing something else. Nintendo Land is my only Wii U launch game. :p

koopa_Trooper79

koopa_Trooper79 said:

Is there a sonic racing demo like? I cant see it???? thought Rayman would be down by now??? Hurry up Nintendo!!

Nibelilt

Nibelilt said:

Too bad I don't play demos, it's just tradition for me not to unless I'm really on the fence about something. I'll need to wait a while more before I can play it at all then. :P I'm okay with this because I still haven't got Origins yet anyway. But regardless, I am definetly picking Legends up when it is out, and it may be my most anticipated Wii U game right now.

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

Cool! Been looking for this! I still reeeeaally don't get the stupid 30 plays only thing, but whatever.

koopa_Trooper79

koopa_Trooper79 said:

Just played the Demo and the last level CASTLE ROCK made me laugh out loud and reminded me of something the Muppets would do ;o)

koopa_Trooper79

koopa_Trooper79 said:

Yeah im not a fan but the last level is very funny, everyone should download it just for that.....very clever idea ;o)

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

I can't complain about the demo limits. Every time I have gotten a demo on the 3DS I play it, at the most 5 times, and base my purchase off hands on impressions and multiple reviews. Some people would get the demo and just play the limited content and be fine with that, which is completely weak. Speaking of demo's, I wish Ni no Kuni was coming to the Wii U! The Wizard's Edition on PS3 will hold me over though :D

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

this demo has arrived in the European eShop, downloading it as we speak.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

Woo-hoo!!! Good thing Rayman is coming next year and not at the Wii U launch because it would have been competing with Mario Bros. U....and that's not cool. Rayman probably would have gotten overshadow by Mario....maybe.... Nevertheless, I can't wait to get this! "Sweet deal!"

Mizore

Mizore said:

Awww, was hoping for the other music level. xD (the first one shown at E3)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

That "Teensies in Trouble" level is the one that dropped my jaw at E3. I bet I stood there either playing that level or watching it for hours. :D

True_Hero

True_Hero said:

I just finished the demo and it is fantastic. Rayman Legends is 110% an insta-buy.

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

The demo is amazing! Can't wait for the game to come out. @dequesi - The demo can be played 30 times. That means you can start it up and close it down 30 times. Hope that helps. :)

Dauntless

Dauntless said:

Played the demo at a kiosk, but wasn't that impressed. I imagine the full game will be much better. I enjoyed Origins but also wasn't impressed with its demo.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

Will be fun for my family as the kids are nuts about Rayman and can't wait. Loved everything about it at the in-store demo units when we played it together. @BenAV and @Dauntless I don't understand you. Was the volume down? Were you playing alone? I don't get it! LOL. That's okay though. To each his own.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I just don't understand how Nintendo expects to sell Wii Us or any games when a store like Gamestop ONLY has the Rayman demo. And Target doesn't even have that.

Isn't the mantra of every gamer - "it's about the games"?

Target had 2 each of the basic and premium in the case today. The case being on the opposite end of the section may not be helping.

b_willers

b_willers said:

Great to see they included support for the original classic controller. It also displays far better on my TV than when I saw it at EuroGamer and in HMV the other day.

Codyshelby

Codyshelby said:

@Dogpigfish Just do a search for "Rayman".

Personally, since the eShop is sort of low on titles, i just went to "See all" and it was at the end of the list.