Competition: Win The Chance To Attend The Wii U Experience in LA

Posted by Damien McFerran

You could be one of the first people to get your hands on Nintendo's new console

UPDATE: This competition is now closed. Thanks for your entries, we'll be in touch shortly!

Nintendo of America is hosting a series of Wii U Experience events around North America this year, allowing gamers to get to grips with the upcoming Wii U console.

To celebrate this event we're giving away 10 Family passes and 10 Adult (over the age of 18) passes to the Wii U Experience in Los Angeles, which will take place on the 22nd and 23rd of September.

To win the chance to attend, simply complete this sentence in 10 words or less and explain why you're so excited about Nintendo's latest piece of kit:

\"My body is ready for Wii U because...\"

And just to be clear, those words don't count against your 10 word limit.

Please also ensure you are able to make it to LA on the dates specified, and that you state clearly in your comment post whether you want a family or adult pass, if your entry is deemed to be a winner.

And that's it. Post your entry in the comments section below (along with your preference for either a family or adult pass) and we'll contact the authors of the best efforts in the next few days.

birthgirth

birthgirth said:

My body is ready for Wii U because I played Wii Fit...so...I know how to fight.

EDIT: Family pass ;)

shadowkaby

shadowkaby said:

My body is ready for Wii U because...I'm an Independent Black Woman that don't need no man!

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

My body is ready for Wii U because its was made ready for that moment in mind.

And if I am selected I would like the family passes please.

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

(I would like a family pass if I won, as if I got one of those, I think I could actually go to it)

My body is ready for Wii U because the gamepad is the essence of life, man!

MelisaM21

MelisaM21 said:

My body is ready for Wii U because... I am the chosen girl gamer to kill all zombies!
(adult pass)

CoryM29

CoryM29 said:

My body is ready for Wii U because theirs only one smash bros champ that's Mii not U.

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

"My body is ready for Wii U because if you're not excited, whats wrong with you?"

-Reggie

Family pass please.

Smooth27

Smooth27 said:

I'm a long time nintendo fan, and work at gamestop; therfore did in all my power into people to preorder the Wii U.

DAaaMan64

DAaaMan64 said:

"My body is ready for Wii U because I use deodorant, so the Pii U is avoided!"

Adult pass! TY :)

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

...Honestly I wouldn't know what pass to choose, and since the darn thing is coming out in a couple of months, I'll just wait. xD

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

My body is ready for Wii U because gaming is what I Nintendo.

(I'd like an adult pass if I'm selected.)

djcaddyshack

djcaddyshack said:

My body is ready for Wii U because I'm getting married oct. 13 and am now BROKE! :)

(family pass please...)

8GB

8GB said:

My body is ready for Wii U because Nintendolife presents all the facts, news, and information I need.
[Family pass]

CoryM29

CoryM29 said:

CoryM29 said:
(Edit)
Adult pass Please...

DavidRY

DavidRY said:

"My body is ready for Wii U because... I feel just like a purple Pikmin!"
Adult.
Anyone know where in Los Angeles the event is happening? It's coming up pretty soon and Nintendo is being all hush hush about it.

Dino

Dino said:

My body is ready for Wii U because is the next Nintendo master peace

KingDunsparce

KingDunsparce said:

My body is ready for Wii U because I can't wait to show the Nintendo haters that Nintendo can succeed again, starting with the Wii U.
Also, family passes :)

CapnPancakes

CapnPancakes said:

My body is ready for Wii U because I can play Nintendo Land with all 5 family members.

Obviously I would want a family pass XD.

Imagine23

Imagine23 said:

My body is ready for Wii U because I've owned/played every Nintendo console and haven't touched any other console that wasn't made by them.

yeah, Im pretty Nintendo obsessed XD

(Adult Pass)

TheN64Dude

TheN64Dude said:

My body is ready for Wii U because the GamePad & console's hardware and online features supply you with everything a gamer needs to fulfill the perfect gaming experience! :D

Family Pass

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

My body is ready because I want to have fun with family and friends again!

I am certain I'll be able to go to LA.
(family pass)

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

My body is ready for Wii U because I am a big purple Pikmin!

Holy crap these events are on my birthday, 22nd! Family pass please!

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

I'm on holiday in LA then!!!! This is perfect!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! :) :)

My body is ready for Wii U because now I can play with POWER thanks to asymmetric gameplay!

Family pass, please!

skjia

skjia said:

My body is ready for Wii U because Mario just screamed "INNNNNCREDIBLE!" at me.

Adult Pass Please :)

juanton

juanton said:

my body is ready for Wii U because it looks if a tablet and a controller had a baby.

Family pass , please

Kagamine

Kagamine said:

Aww, I'm going to be at the Zelda Symphony that day. Oh well, good luck to you all!

Moezel

Moezel said:

My body is ready for the WiiU because: every nintendo console has prepare me for this day!

Famil Pass

KingDunsparce

KingDunsparce said:

Oops, didn't see 10 wot limit. Ignore my last one, I'll adapt it.
My body is ready for Wii U because I can't wait to prove Nintendo haters wrong. :D
(Family pass please)

idork99

idork99 said:

"...Wii know that this is the evolution of the revolution!"

Adult Pass please! Thank you NL and good luck to everyone who participates!

Wanx80

Wanx80 said:

My body is ready for Wii U because I love Mario!
Family pass please.I would love to take my family out to go try it out, seems super fun. Thank You :)

TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime said:

My body is ready for the Wii U... cuz' I'm about kicking butt, taking names, and playing games.

I'll take one (if not all) of your finest family passes if I am chosen.
Make sure it's sautéed and drowned in butter too.

(Edit) Comment #42 for good luck.

fishman100

fishman100 said:

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, but my entry would be:

"My body is ready for Wii U because I see myself in Wii U, and feel like flying."

nmozdzier

nmozdzier said:

This was fun, I went to the one in Denver, but they're a little bit shorter than they advertise.

mavjdm

mavjdm said:

My Body is ready for Wii U because Wii know U will let us go.
(Family Pass)

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

My body is ready for Wii U because Wii wants to be with U in glorious HD goodness!!

Family Pass please :)

K964

K964 said:

My Body is ready for Wii U because I know it's going to be Hamazing!
(Family Pass)

badteddy

badteddy said:

My body is ready for Wii U because innovation is a choose i made. wii u game pad will revolutionize gaming

mankira

mankira said:

My body is ready for Wii U because my mind and body are too, and I deserve it. (Adult Pass)

P.D. The reason why I deserve to go is because I got a "very exclusive" invitation from Nintendo telling me that I had been selected to try the Wii U during the Wii U Experience Event in Los Angeles (This is the code I got to register:DCFLXL878325); unfortunately, I could not register until about 2 days after I got it. Thus, to my surprise, the event was already SOLD OUT. I felt so frustrated when I found out that I could not register that I contacted NOA first, and then the staff from the Wii U Experience Event. I tried to explain them what had happened and they told me that more people than expected had registered, and the event was full; in other words, I was out. When I found out that you were giving away this tickets, I just thought that this was my last chance to attend the event.

mankira

mankira said:

@squashiejoshie I visit this website almost every day since 2009, but since I do not like to participate on the discussions very much, I thought it was not necessary to create an account with Nintendo Life. I know my action was deliberate, but it's just that I want to go to the Wii U event so bad. In short, I just joined Nintendo Life to participate on this competition.

Mikesahhh

Mikesahhh said:

My body is ready for Wii U because I own every Nintendo console and love them all differently.
(Adult Pass)

TornadoX7

TornadoX7 said:

My body is ready for Wii U because Wii U is just for Mii.
(Is it ok to ask for a family pass if soo than yea)

marko

marko said:

My body is ready for wii u because i need a new nintendo system now!

Luigi_is_better

Luigi_is_better said:

My body is ready for Wii U because...I've been waiting for this, Nintendo's finest hour!

(Family Pass please)

bbbx

bbbx said:

My body is ready for Wii U because... oh wait, its not because I'm under 18 :(

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

That's a wrap, people - please don't post any more entries because they will not be eligible. We'll be contacting the winners in due course!

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

DAMMIT!!!!!!! I got an invitation but my mum said I couldn't go!!!!!!!!!
:( :(
But i'm THERE, ON HOLIDAY, THEN!!! It would be perfect!

Wanx80

Wanx80 said:

How do you know if you won?? Have winners already been announced?? Have tickets already been distributed??? Please and answer all these questions :l

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

Check your email folks. Wish I could fly out to L.A. for this. Got an invitation but California is on the other side of the country lol

elbrody83

elbrody83 said:

I know for sure that I'm going because I was straight chosen by nintendo for the event wich is taken place somewhere in Hollywood

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@IAmNotWill, @Deviant_Mugen: you guys are the second and third people I've heard say they can't make it to the event even though they won — didn't you guys read through the entire article? It clearly says to "ensure you are able to make it to LA on the dates specified"... come on, road-trip or something! :3

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Congratulations to the winners!!!!

@IAmNotWill, @Deviant_Mugen: No offense but if you knew you couldnt have made it there why did you enter? It is plainly stated to make sure you can attend the event before entering. That was completely rude of entering a contest that you couldn't use the prize and taking away a chance from someone who could.

@Damo: So are you guy going to redistribute the tickets that people won but said they cant make it?

MelisaM21

MelisaM21 said:

Did anyone get a location on where this event will be held yet? Or did I just receive a scam e-mail claiming I've been invited...

MelisaM21

MelisaM21 said:

hmm ok. What e-mail were we supposed to be notified by for this contest? I got a fanscape.com e-mail that said I would receive event location info after confirming my time slot. I replied right away and haven't gotten a response about location (and event starts today). Must not have been legitimate I guess

elbrody83

elbrody83 said:

Well I don't have idea what kind of email you will get by the contest,the event starts tomorrow so I'm thinking there must be something shady going on with that email you got

MelisaM21

MelisaM21 said:

Did other winners receive their tickets okay or was I the only one that got punked? I'm so very disappointed

antdickensAdmin

antdickens said:

@MelisaM21 it was fanscape.com that organised the event on Nintendo's behalf so that email should of been legitimate, we're just chasing them up now and let you know as soon as we hear something...