Nintendo Direct Next Week Focused on Demon Training

Posted by Katy Ellis

10 minutes in hell with Demon Kawashima

Get out your diaries and Japanese dictionaries, as Nintendo will be hosting a 'mini' Nintendo Direct conference on 18th July, next week. The broadcast will only be ten minutes long and will centre entirely around the upcoming 3DS game, Dr Kawashima's Demon Training, a sequel to the hugely successful Dr Kawashima's Brain Training.

The conference was announced from Nintendo of Japan's official Twitter feed, and will kick off at 6pm Japanese time — that's 10am UK time, 11am Central European time, 5am Eastern time and a 2am Pacific.

The broadcast will include a clip of Nintendo President, Satoru Iwata, visiting the bobbing digital head behind the series, Dr. Ryuta Kawashima. To tune in, head over to Nintendo of Japan's homepage on 18th July and get ready for some serious Demon Training action.

[via andriasang.com]

BenAV

BenAV said:

I've always wanted to learn how to be a demon.

Oh, and Hi Katy!
I don't believe I've read any articles you've posted up till now (if there are any).

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Welcome Katy. ... Why would Nintendo call it Demon Training? Do they mean "learn how to be a Maths Demon or a Arts Demon"?

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

It's really Iwata in the picture in his sinister amusement that he could lure away @James from here.
But it's good knowing there must be an angel somewhere too sending Katy our way. Really, what could be more heavenly than No More Heroes.

@PikminMonster(#1 as much as i hate to write it): Great find. Thanks for sharing.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Hahaha oh man this sounds like a hilarious mini-Nintendo direct. But since it's based solely on the one game I doubt there will be a western version of the video but that's ok, I'll just watch it & not understand a word but it'll still be funny :P

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Seems like a unnecessary Nintendo Direct. I'd rather have one showing the eShop update considering downloadable retail games. Hopefully they'll do one about that around the same time NSMB.2 is about to launch.

His twitter page is quite funny though. The trigonometric function joke cracked me up.

hydeks

hydeks said:

yay, I'll catch the next Nintendo Direct after this :P

Glad to see someone new here, welcome Katy! :)

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

@19Robb92 IDK, Brain Age was a serious success on the DS, I'm sure Nintendo wants to do so once again. I would guess this has everything a game can offer, if it's getting it's own Nintendo Direct (Streetpass, Spotpass, DLC, and maybe something interesting with Nintendo Network)

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

@Kyloctopus
Yeah, that game sold like hotcakes. But I still feel as if dedicating a Nintendo Direct for it is unnecessary. That's just me though, people who enjoy the games will surely look forward to this.

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

Alright! I personally won't be getting it, but I can't wait for the all important Nintendo Direct...

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Doesn't sound like the most exciting Nintendo Direct. On the other hand, it may mean that Nintendo are going to use it more commonly, even if the announcements aren't huge, and that could be fun!

James

James said:

This is the second game-specific Nintendo Direct for Japan iirc; there was one for Calciobit a few weeks ago.

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

Goodbye James, Glad/sad to see you go. Good luck with Nintendo of Europe!
Welcome Katy, Glad to see you here. Have fun here at NintendoLife!

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

"a sequel to the hugely successful Dr Kawashima's Brain Training."

took me a bit to figure out you guys were talking about Brain Age, don't confuse me like that plz

dimi

dimi said:

Thats just PR bs. Does Brain Training still got a place in the age of ios and android? Thats the question. And if it does maybe its more suitable for 3ds eshop?

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

I....don't exactly know how long you've been writing here Katy, but at least the first article I've read from you is for something kooky like this. :D

JohnPhilipSousa

JohnPhilipSousa said:

YES! THE NEW PERSON HAS PLAYED A SONIC GAME! MAYBE I WON'T NEED JAMES TO REMIND ME THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE PLAYED SONIC!
On topic: Demon training? Seems like one of those things that doesn't leave Japan.

Shworange

Shworange said:

Why demon? Is it harder than normal? Rapid fire trigonometry? Or am I going to have to dig out my Grimore and answer satanism questions?

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I wonder if they'll change the name when/if this comes west. Demon Training would certainly be a strange title in America, and I'd imagine many of Brain Age's original fans wouldn't have any idea what to make of it.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@TrueWiiMaster Maybe it's not the name of the final product? On the other hand, if it is, then perhaps Nintendo won't change a thing, unless they really feel someone, or a group of someones will be offended to a point detrimental to Nintendo.

@Katy: I too, don't seem to recall seeing/reading any article(s) by you. That said, welcome to NintendoLife!

Jumpman

Jumpman said:

Another female on NintendoLife. This will not do!
Oh wait. Did that say Majora's Mask?
@Superconsole Welcome to your new home at NintendoLife.

luminalace

luminalace said:

I loved the Brain Training/ Brain Age games so am keen to pick up this new one. I hope it comes to the West quickly!

Late

Late said:

Welcome Katy! I was originally going to welcome you in the comment section of your Time Travelers news article but somehow I forgot it. Good to see more people writing all these articles to give us more Nintendo information.

Enzo_V

Enzo_V said:

well -facepalm- i dont need 10 minutes in hell i need more info on the upcoming games