New Trailer for Adventure Time on DS and 3DS

Posted by Katy Ellis

Mathematical!

In March it was announced that the cult US cartoon series Adventure Time would be getting its very own DS and 3DS game, Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!. Two months later we heard that it would hitting shelves in North America 'late fall'. D3Publisher has now released a new teaser trailer, sure to make us all feel a tad algebraic.

If you were wondering what weird plot series creator Pendleton Ward could've conjured up, let us remind you with the press statement below:

In the first licensed Adventure Time video game, Finn and Jake wake up one morning to find their trash stolen by the Ice King. Jake couldn’t care less about half-eaten bananas, crumpled up burrito wrappers, and old chicken diapers – but when they find out the Ice King is using their stolen goods to construct a Garbage Princess, the heroes embark on a fantastical adventure to teach him a lesson! Players will discover perilous dungeons and unimaginable treasures, while playing as Finn and Jake in a unique action-adventure experience.

Mahra

Mahra said:

Sounds Fun !! :3 i watched the Show Many Times With my brothers :P

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser said:

That doesn't look too bad.
it makes me want to watch the show.
I'll probably pick it up if I find it cheap anywhere.

ElectricSplash

ElectricSplash said:

Algebraic!

Man, this could be one of the best licensed games ever... We are talking about WayForawrd. What could go wrong?

Finn_The_Human

Finn_The_Human said:

-looks a lot like zelda II. i say that because the overworlds are very similar. also, most of this trailer is side-scrolling, leading me to believe that most of the game is a side-scroller (just like zelda II).

-also, is it just me, or is this the first time i've seen " Katy Ellis" on this website? i've been browsing this site even before i made this account. if you're new, welcome to NLife!

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

I might get it, but if it's difficulty is ramped up the bum like Zelda II, I'll lay off...

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

This game doesn't look so bad as it sounds to be.There were only two retail games I thought about purchasing this year, but this could make it three.

TNLGUY

TNLGUY said:

@Finn_The_Human
I'm surprised somebody else played No More Heroes >_>
Great game, but I preferred Killer 7. On topic, this does look like a fun game. I loved Zelda II, and love genre-bending in general.

Tsukun

Tsukun said:

Looks very Zelda II-ish, which has me pretty excited for it, actually.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I've never seen the Adventure Time cartoon before but when I heard that WayForward was working on this game it piqued my interest. So far it looks pretty good. The gameplay reminds me of Zelda II which is a very good thing. I'm going to order the collector's edition, it should be worth it.

Welcome to Nintendo Life Katy Ellis! :)

Korbin64

Korbin64 said:

Normally games based on television shows are terrible, but this looks (at the very least) decent. I'll probably get it at the bargain bin when I find it there, though (trying to save for WII U!).

Supereor

Supereor said:

Sorry, am I reading this correctly?
-puts reading glasses on-
Hm... OMG!!!
-faints-

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

Looks like I just changed my mind from buy later, to pre order and get it on launch day. Plus the collectors edition looks awesome!

Hyperstar96

Hyperstar96 said:

I really don't understand the cult following behind Adventure Time. It's not nearly as bad as MLP or its fans, but I still don't get it.

Kid3dizzy

Kid3dizzy said:

Has anyone notice the small battery icon on the upper right side? the only one I saw that had that was Kid Icarus Uprising. Anyway, Gonna get this! It maybe my first licences game that I may actually know I'll enjoy it.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

I can understand why they used a computer made 3DS for this trailer, but I still need to see more of this which could convince me into getting the game. Since I like watching the show on TV but need to know a little more about this, I still might get it but more details need to come up soon.

NImH

NImH said:

OOOHHHH YYEESSSSSS!!! No on could've asked for a better team-up: WayForward+Adventure Time=1 Full-Body High-Five!

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@KodyWB-98 Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d you steal our garbage?! Collector's Edition is officially the longest title of anything, ever.

I can't wait for AT:HIK!Wysog?!CE guys!!!

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

Looks more like a traditional Castlevania then the "Castlevania" coming out.

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

Pendleton Ward said in an interview with Nintendo Power that he intentionally made it Zelda II-like. I doubt it will be as hard as Zelda II, though.
Anyway this does look like it's shaping up to be a reasonably good game, which is exceptional by licensed game standards.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

OMFG TREE TRUNKS!
I swear, I will use all of my allowance to get the Collector's Edition before it comes out. Also, On Gamestop the ship date said "10/23/12"
Does Gamestop have insider knowledge?
Anyway, never got a chance to play Zelda 2, so this will be nice.
Also, BMO rocks.

pikku

pikku said:

I've never seen the show, so I can say nothing of it's quality. but what I can say is that there's no way in hell you would catch me going into Gamestop and asking to pre-order something with a name like that.

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

My nephew is excited for this game. I like the show as well but I'm not sure if I'll pick this up for myself.

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

I'm interested in finding out more about the game - the trailer wasn't quite enough to sell it to me, to be honest. However, the Collector's Edition sounds nice, particularly since they don't happen very often for the DS.

I'll have to watch a few episodes to make up my mind, I think!

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

I can think of three words that just might push me to get this game:
Lumpy. Space. Princess. ;)

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

I expect awesome weirdness! I like the style, I would think it it could be fun just to watch and play even if it isn't really great or hard. I hope to see a great game though!

ouroborous

ouroborous said:

So it is an actual 3DS game now?? Well thats good... or is it just a download-only kinda game anyway? I'm pretty stoked that there's an official ADVTIME game either way but it would be great if its in 3D (technically a download game can be 3D, but not usually). Wonder what "late fall release" will turn out to mean ;p

OptometristLime

OptometristLime said:

The Zelda 2 influence need not raise alarm bells.

If you like a mix of overworld travel and side-scrolling segments, this should fit the bill.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Wow, they weren't kidding when they said Zelda II was an inspiration.

That looks like Zelda II with Adventure Time assets pasted over it.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

This looks AMAZING! I'm a huge fan of the Adventure Time series and I love platformers like this. Going to be great.