Kid Icarus: Uprising Cards Out Now in UK

Posted by James Newton

Tasty Panini

Panini and Nintendo want to fuel your thirst for all things Pit with a big collection of collectible cards for Kid Icarus: Uprising.

UK fans can pick up a Starter Pack, including a binder and three card packs, for £5.99. Individual packs of cards will set you back £1.50 each. With 404 cards to collect it's probably best not to do the maths of how much you'll spend to complete your set.

If you haven't got the game yet, make sure you read our Kid Icarus: Uprising review then rush out to buy the game and cards, officially out now at all good retailers.

KID ICARUS UPRISING Trading Card Game by Panini

Panini are proud to announce the launch of their awesome new trading card game; Kid Icarus Uprising. Over 40 million people in Europe have played the Nintendo Game and over 100,000 games have already been sold, making it one of the most popular games out in the market today. There are 1.4 million members on Club Nintendo and 12,000 Kid Icarus card packets sold out on the Club Nintendo site in just one day!

Kid Icarus Uprising follows the angelic protagonist, Pit, as he battles against the forces of a reborn Medusa who seeks to destroy mankind. With the help of Palutena, the Goddess of Light, Pit gains the "Power of Flight" to travel the skies and fight the Underworld Army. Panini’s fantastic new Kid Icarus trading card game draws on the action and intrigue of Pit’s journey and includes amazing imagery, all of your favorite Kid Icarus characters and special cards.

There are 404 cards to collect which include special codes. Collectors can kick start their collection with a starter pack that includes a binder and 3 trading card packets.

Starter Pack: £5.99
Trading Card Packet: £1.50

Follow us on Twitter: @OfficialPanini

[via paninionline.com]

ejamer

ejamer said:

Very cool. The only good thing about this not coming to North America? I'm saving a lot of cash by not having them available.

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser said:

I'm over half way there.
I've been waiting for the official folder to be released.
Now I just have to find it. :)

@paul6891 At select WHSmith stores I think.

Emaan

Emaan said:

I wish these were in the United States, I wouldn't try and collect them all (Pokemon?) but I'd get quite a bit of them just to have.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

FINALLY, I can buy some of the cards! £1.50 is a good price too!
So far I've had...

• The pack that came with the game (6)
  • Promo Pack 1 from Official Nintendo Magazine (6)
  • Promo Pack 2 from MATCH Magazine (6)
  • Two Club Nintendo Packs (6) and (6)
  • A Pre-order Pack (24)
NintyMan

NintyMan said:

The British should be lucky, especially since Kid Icarus Uprising didn't sell as well there compared to NA and Japan. It should come over to the states too, because I guarantee it would be a good, profitable choice and some people like me who weren't able to collect cards could do so.

Terra

Terra said:

Glad I don't have to keep using up my Star Points to obtain these now

Zach777

Zach777 said:

It's kind of sad how four months after the game's release they decide to start selling the AR cards. The US doesn't even have an opportunity to get AR cards at all (not counting import from EU or JP) even though Nintendo said that they were working on it. Must be a REALLY tough job to figure out how to sell their cards to people...

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

I went to my local shop and picked up the starter pack, the binder can hold 414 cards which is enough for the full collection, and a few doubles. :)

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

I do hope this doesn't come to America. If it does I'm be wasting my hard earned cash on something that more or less pointless.

paul6891

paul6891 said:

@RupeeClock
Which shop did you go to?
I just brought I few packs from my local onestop but they didnt seem to have the starter pack tho

jarreboum

jarreboum said:

"With 404 cards to collect it's probably best not to do the maths of how much you'll spend to complete your set"

Based on the image I will assume there are 6 cards per pack. Assuming you own the game and have the first 6 cards, plus the binder that gives you 3 more cards, you need to collect 395 cards. If you are either extremely lucky and always have new cards in your pack or if you are greedy and and exchange every double you may have, you need to spend a minimum of 5.99 + 1.5 × 395 / 6 = £104.99 for a complete collection plus one double.

Yeah I'm not spending that kind of money on cards.

jarreboum

jarreboum said:

@RupeeClock So you currently owns 57 cards based on various advertisement offers. you still need to obtain 347 cards, so a minimum of 58 packs to buy and £87 to spend if you want a complete collection. Of course because you can't trade every card for every other, you will most probably have to spend a lot more than that. It all goes down to how rare the rare cards are, but it wouldn't surprise me if you had to double or triple that amount .

Clever advertising is clever.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

NA fans, any of you still have your KI:U Club Nintendo survey, I'd suggest you do what I did and mention in it that you're unhappy with the VERY limited AR card availability here and want them sold in packages! Only way for Reggie to know there is demand for them here. Or mention the cards as something you enjoy about the game.

Tired of my collection being pitiful, with no way of improving it. Shouldn't have been included as a feature in the NA version if cards weren't going to be made available in mass form.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I just unlocked the rest of the Idols a week ago. I will take any free ones, [Come on CN!] but won't pay anymore.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

Kid Icarus: Uprising Trading Card Game? I'm not exactly sure how the Kid Icarus AR Cards constitute a card game, but who cares? Let the collect-a-thon officially begin!! :D

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

only £100? bargain.

I hate this crap, buying stupid add ons. (at least they are physical, not digi)
but I can't stop wanting more!
AHH!

I would need to spend minimum of £85 to get the rest.
You can also buy the complete set from pannini website.

DaveGX

DaveGX said:

Wonder when these packs will start coming to the US....man theres still 2 cards I still don't have and have been trying to find a while now; Medusa, Queen of the Underworld, and Monster. 3 Sacred treasrues woulda been nice,, too.... Hope these don't end up excluded ebcause of their original promotions.