Mad Dog McCree Takes Aim at eShop on 14th June

Posted by James Newton

Barking mad

"Classic" FMV-based arcade gunslinger Mad Dog McCree is coming to the 3DS eShop in North America on 14th June for $7.99.

The handheld port will include remastered footage, though we very much doubt it's been post-processed into 3D, so expect the heads-up display to be your only taste of stereoscopic glory.

Here's the trailer. Now where's our spittoon?

Get Ready To Draw! Mad Dog McCree Coming Soon to the eShop

Digital Leisure and Engine Software are pleased announce that American Laser Games classic Mad Dog McCree will be availalbe through the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, June 14th in North America and later this summer in European territories.
Only one gunslinger can stop a Mad Dog gone wild... and that's you, partner. When the ruthless outlaw Mad Dog McCree goes on a rampage with a nasty pack of wanted fugitives, they leave death in their wake.

Mad Dog McCree and his band of cutthroats have ridden into town, kidnapped the Mayor and his daughter, and taken them to his hideout. These hombres are mean and vicious. What this town needs is a gunslinger to spray a little lead in harm's way.

Relive the gunpowder glory of the Wild West with American Laser Games FMV Arcade Classic Mad Dog McCree!

Features:

• An American Laser Games FMV Classic - A First for the 3DS!
  • Original Arcade Release On-The-Go
  • Remastered Game Footage
  • Test Your Reflexes In Showdowns

Mad Dog McCree is available June 14th for only $7.99 USD.

Torchwood

Torchwood said:

Listen, Nintendo. When I said I wanted more eshop games I didn't mean this...

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

if it had a online showdown,it still wouldnt be worth this much
and i realised that music is from undead storm trailer

paburrows

paburrows said:

So I'm assuming that you poke the screen with your stylus to aim/shoot your gun?

Djrr-ific

Djrr-ific said:

It looks so very ugly...

If it wasn't so badly looking I would think about it but.. nah..

just give me Zombie Panic In Wonderland 3DS :D

EDIT: @JuLeDos

You do realise Nintendo is not this games publisher? :P

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Oh I'm def getting. Just for nostalgia's sake (in my case) as I remember this game when it was first released. Haha - good ole Mad Dog! D:

Ryon

Ryon said:

I'm excited. This looks great! You dont see games of this quality anymore. definately gonna be a great game.

GCNSean

GCNSean said:

I used to have this on my old 3DO... Day one buy for me... Gotta love nostalgia!

RR529

RR529 said:

I think I may have played this before sometime in the past, but I'm not sure (I mean it can't be the only arcade light-gun western, right...)

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

I will wait for a review. Hope this doesn't ruin the odds of VC coming that week. I was hoping Cave Story + would be there... Maybe next week instead?

Stine

Stine said:

@Mickeymac: Same here, except for the bit about not wanting to play it. :P It just looks like something I'd enjoy a lot, even if it's completely ridiculous. There's no way I'm getting it for the 3DS, though. If I'm getting it, it'll definitely be for the Wii.

Torchwood

Torchwood said:

I realize Nintendo isn't publishing this, but my God. Why did they have to let this on the eshop?

Nintenbro

Nintenbro said:

Wow! This game even brought @Sneaker13 outside the saloon! I haven't seen him post anything on NLife, for what seems like ages. What brings you to these here parts? :D

I never had the chance to play this game before, but I did have a ton of fun with another old-school FMV PC title. Do any of you guys remember a game from the early 90's titled, "Crime Patrol"?

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I found the WiiWare game to be a fun diversion in an extremely cheezy sort of way, and this one has a story mode, so it might be worth getting.

Torchwood

Torchwood said:

@mickeymac I'm just saying the audience for this game is somewhat limited. But I still may get it because I like to try every eshop game.

BalrogtheMaster

BalrogtheMaster said:

Oh dear, I remember this game lol. Wouldn't it be super-easy since you see where you're shooting with the stylus though?

AcidFox

AcidFox said:

@G4L Yes sir. From American Laser Games I remember Mad Dog I and II, Crime Patrol I and II, Who Shot Johnny Rock? And Space Pirates (a true "gem").
Boy am I glad that FMV games died...

MikeDanger

MikeDanger said:

I'm getting this S*** but I'm still not getting Wario Land? Yeah, great move Nintendo.... what were they thinking?!?!!

BudrSbastig

BudrSbastig said:

There is an arcade in yarmouth, where you can still play this!! when I played mad dog as a 10 year old, it would been a wild dream to play on a hand held! all we had back then was games in black and green!

KingMike

KingMike said:

What was good enough to release on the 3DO is good enough to release on the 3DS, apparently. :D

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

The Wii retail version was horrible. One of the worst I've played on the system. The wiiware, fast draw game was actually quite good! If it is anything like that, I'll DL it for sure

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

@G4L, I have been pretty busy (just got my own place). But I always try to visit the site to keep up to date.

Xilef

Xilef said:

Remember watchin Taco Man the Game Master doing a video about this game. Man, it looked awful. xD

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

This game is muy excellente. You have to understand what it's going for. Ever been to an amusement park or something and they have a Wild West show? It's not meant to be ultra realistic. Just fun and exciting. This game pulls that off

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

@Rargon,

This joke was funnier the first 5 times on the board and without the expletive.

Fun game. $8 seems a wee bit pricey for a port. Guess FMV is one piece of tech that isn't cheap 20 tears later

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I am also old enough to remember when this was first released. For a kid, it was every bit as impressive as Dragon's Lair.

Still, it is better suited to Wii and not 3DS. On duels, you have to point the gun down until prompted, trying to simulate that the gun is in your holster, and I don't see how they are going to convert that to the stylus.