Atlus Reprints Radiant Historia, Due Next Month

Posted by James Newton

Historic

Like most Atlus games, critically acclaimed DS RPG Radiant Historia only had a limited print run upon its release last year, leaving many interested customers unable to find the game at retail. Now, nearly a year after its first release, Atlus is readying another production run.

The next round of games will drop in late March, with Atlus recommending customers pre-order to avoid disappointment. The reprint will not include the CD of Yoko Shimomura's soundtrack included with the original print run, however.

If you missed out the first time around, all's not lost.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I preordered mine. As for Portisanta, look it up. It has been compared to Chrono Trigger. Which means its worth buying.

Kafei2006

Kafei2006 said:

I'm glad I preordered this on Play-Asia long enough before release. The piano pieces on the included CD were fantastic :).

Gave it a 9/10 in my review for Cubed3.com.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Get this game people. Its that good! Now corbie will need to finish that review! Also the CD was not all that great. Your not missing out on much.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Stopped playing around 12 hour for no real reason. Got occupied with other games I guess. It's definitely worth playing. The battle system is great, but there's a LOT if text.

Will get back to it soon hopefully.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

I'm surprised this site hasn't reviewed this. I definitely want to buy it at some point though. As soon as I have some time to actually play it.

Wait, soundtrack CD!? No longer available...? :'( Man, that's a bummer after hearing that song from it on NLFM.

koops330

koops330 said:

I pre-order the game on a hunch a year ago finally played it for the first time like 2 weeks ago and boy is it worth it such a fun game I couldn't stop playing it till I 100% it.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Its not really a soundtrack CD. Its piano only! I listen to it once and never need to again.

ueI

ueI said:

I'm surprised they have waited so long for a reprint. Is there a precedent for this?

motang

motang said:

One of these days I shall open my copy and play it dammit! I should set aside this summer for all my unplayed DS games.

Objection

Objection said:

Shoot, I spent too much money this month...I guess I'll have to sue Wright for some money

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

I bought in in a Mix-up. They have high prices but this game deserves it (includes soundtrack). I hope the new release cheaper.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

@Scarhino89

It's not a case of wanting to or not, Atlus doesn't have the means to release games in Europe. Someone else has to pick up the rights to publish them in Europe, because currently, Atlus can't,

edhe

edhe said:

@Scarhino

Count your blessings you'll be able to import it - that's what I plan to do.

Once they stop making DS games, You'll have to buy an American 3DS is you ever want one of Atlus et al's high quality RPGs ...

AVahne

AVahne said:

YES! Won't have problems finding this anymore then! I'll be preordering when I go pick up Tekken 3D tomorrow.

Knux

Knux said:

This game is absolutely incredible. Don't miss this second print run! :D

Malkeor

Malkeor said:

REALLY REALLY WANT THIS.
It's too bad the soundtrack isn't included in the new batch :(

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

I wanted this so bad but wasn't able to get it when it first came out. When I finally was, it became super rare and super expensive... Really looking forward to this one :D

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

No soundtrack? Man I should've gotten it back when it first came out D:

I'll be sure and preoreder this release though :O

JohnDoe123

JohnDoe123 said:

This game is great, but I gave up at one part where I had to fight this large boss surrounded by mines to defend the native village. It killed my party in 3 turns. I want to get back to it, but I can't stand grinding.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@EmpireIndustries: This game is kinda old-school in that you'll need to grind a bit in order to get through it — and if you want to complete the game and get the best ending, you'll be doing quite a bit of grinding to get through the more difficult sidequests.

i love love love this game, and I'm definitely glad to see it getting a reprint! congratulations to all you lucky people who now have the chance to purchase it! :3

gazamataz

gazamataz said:

empireindustries i completed this game and there was no grinding involved.there was alot of hopping around time mind.you probably just had to be at a different time or place as often you have to switch time lines to make progress.i hate grinding too.this game is the best on ds.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@gazamataz: no offense, but I call shenanigans if you say you honest-to-goodness completed the game, all sidequests done, best ending and everything, without grinding. maybe you're calling it something else, idk, but to say this game doesn't require you to grind at all to complete it is a bold-faced lie.

to just beat the game, no, you could probably get through without grinding if you were pretty lucky, but completion is another story.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Anyone that loves RPGs and missed out on it the first time should make sure to get their pre-orders in. I bought my copy about a month after it came out last year and it was already becoming hard to find then.