Mario and Zelda Bundles Coming for Thanksgiving

Posted by James Newton

Special additions

In news that probably just secured a sizeable chunk of Black Friday spend for Nintendo, two limited edition 3DS bundles are on the way to North America on Thanksgiving Day.

Starting this Thursday, for $199.99 you can pick up a Flame Red 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land or the limited edition Legend of Zelda 3DS console bundle with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.

Update: We've also been informed the Zelda bundle is available in Canada with some extra coupons too. Thanks to Korvec84 for the update.

Will you pick either one up?

Nintendo News: Cool Nintendo 3DS Bundles Arrive on Thanksgiving Day

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Thanksgiving is full of difficult decisions: Stuffing or mashed potatoes? Green beans or yams? Homemade cranberry sauce or fresh from a can?

Nintendo is adding two enticing choices to this bountiful cornucopia by introducing two limited-edition Nintendo 3DS™ bundles on Nov. 24. The toughest part will be deciding which bundle to purchase.

The first bundle includes the just-launched Super Mario 3D Land™ game and a Flame Red Nintendo 3DS system. The second bundle includes The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D game and a special 25th anniversary limited-edition Cosmo Black Nintendo 3DS system marked with the Hyrule emblem and gold-colored embellishments. Each bundle will be available at a suggested retail price of $199.99 in the U.S.

Shoppers who want to test-drive Nintendo 3DS and these two games can pay a visit to one of two dozen malls nationwide between Nov. 21 and Dec. 18. Nintendo will have all the best video games for the holidays on display. Nintendo’s website has a complete list of malls participating in the program.

Remember that Nintendo 3DS also comes with exciting entertainment features right out of the box. Users can download and play hundreds of new and classic games from the Nintendo eShop, and the Nintendo Video service automatically delivers short 3D videos from the worlds of music, comedy, animation and Hollywood to the Nintendo 3DS system. Owners can play games in 3D without the need for special glasses and take their own 3D pictures. Netflix subscribers can stream great TV and movie content. Later this month, Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to record 3D videos or create stop-motion movies.

For more information about Nintendo 3DS, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.

Related Games

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Wished I knew these were coming a few weeks ago. Still Picking up Mario this Friday.

wqerty

wqerty said:

I’m going to wait for a proper golden 3DS and get it, not this black one with some stickers and a game I already own.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

It is only at times like this that I wish I had waited to purchase my 3DS. Still, at least now I don't have the difficulty of having to pick which one to get.

BalrogtheMaster

BalrogtheMaster said:

Man, I wish I didn't pay $250 for my 3DS, as well as trade in my DSi and Wii just to afford it day one. Lost all of my DSiWare too...and now it's only $120 if I trade in my DSi for one of these bundles!

Ambassador program's taking its sweet time too, lol.

kingofe3

kingofe3 said:

I'm glad Nintendo stated once again that the update is still coming. I think it'll come between the 24th and 31th.

SLiM

SLiM said:

This was on Gamestop's website for $999! Unfortunately, the error was corrected within an hour :P

Yosher

Yosher said:

The Mario pack is just a regular red 3DS, whereas the Zelda one is a stylish Zelda-custom 3DS. I think the choice is easy!

Edit: Also, when clicking the Mario picture, you get the ''no hotlinking'' image from NintendoLife. Bug?

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

There are many reasons not to get the 3DS for me and my family, but this is making a strong bloodletting attack on the rational bits in my head. I have half a mind to buy one or two of these on black friday JUST IN CASE I break down later...

mickywill

mickywill said:

If you live near a Target store, they have the 3DS for $145 this week. So it's a better price buying the game and 3DS separately, then the Mario bundle at $199.

Nintendo3DSLife

Nintendo3DSLife said:

Aw sweet thats cool.I really need that kind of 3ds but already have 1 so o well lol XD.Thats a great idea because when u get 3ds plus game,its a cool thing for ppl who have no 3ds that can buy that for the holidays since sales will come(I think well blah)and then there will be no problem for money.^_^l

Punny

Punny said:

Excellent! The 3DS is less than a year old and it's already getting limited edition bundles! That Zelda-themed one looks especially impressive...

GamerDude

GamerDude said:

Guys i have inportant 3DS news, there is a new advert for the 3DS in the uk anout the 3D video recording and in the small print it says that the update will be available from THE 30TH NOVEMBER SPREAD THE WORD!!!!! enjoy.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

What? No no no no no no no no! I just don't have the money for this right now!

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

I just pre-ordered my limited edition Zelda 3DS. :3 Good thing I didn't already have a 3DS or I wouldn't have been able to justify that purchase.

Henmii

Henmii said:

"I’m going to wait for a proper golden 3DS and get it, not this black one with some stickers and a game I already own"

You call it a sticker, but I think it's more of a paint-job like the crest on the golden wiimote. It would be a little bit dissapointing if it was just a sticker!

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

yeah, this has pushed me to the dark side (along with the cookies available there ;-))

gotta get that zelda 3ds. actually, i want the zelda paired with the mario land game, lol. but i will be getting a 3ds at long last.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I'd get the Zelda bundle and sell OoT3D just to have that Zelda 3DS... yep, I said it.

AVahne

AVahne said:

What I don't get, is how come this bundle doesn't also have the 25th Anniversary CD like Skyward Sword has? It'd be perfect to have it in this bundle.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Went to Gamestop today (Wednesday) and was told the 3DS bundles have a sell date (maybe it was street date) of Friday the 25th. Also, several stores - Target and Best Buy among them I think - will have this for $179 Black Friday. I'm going to GS b/c I have a white DSi to trade in and it's worth $80 towards the $199 but only $40 normally. Probably the last chance to get $80 for a white DSi I figure.

SageofShadow

SageofShadow said:

I bought a 3DS on launch and I just got the Zelda limited edition at Gamestop today. sigh I just had to buy the Zelda 3DS it is quite beautiful.