Nintendo's Latest 3DS Global Release Schedule

Posted by James Newton

Not many surprises

After releasing its quarterly results, Nintendo always likes to share its upcoming games for the next few months. With the critical Christmas period fast approaching, here's the company's first party line-up for Japan, the United States and Europe.

Western fans will note there's nothing in these lists we didn't already know about, and no release windows established for Animal Crossing or Paper Mario either. It's worth noting though that this is an incomplete list of projected releases for the coming months, not a complete overview of the next year's worth of new games.

Still, here's what's on the cards.

Nintendo Releases

Untitled

Select Third-Party Releases

Untitled

edhe

edhe said:

All I'll say is (regearding first party releases) slim pickings.

I see there's no listing for Last Story or Pandora's Tower yet.

47drift

47drift said:

Oh my goodness.

These are 3DS titles for Pete's sake. You Rainfall supporters are hopeless.

NX01Trekkie1992

NX01Trekkie1992 said:

@edhe
this is only the 3DS release schedule, but while I'm on the subject, if the next Wii release schedule doesn't have Xenoblade.... man I don't even want to think about it...

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I hope we get Kid Icarus: Uprising not long after Japan does. I had already assumed that it would be out by March.

Omenapoika

Omenapoika said:

Humm. I don't want to sound like a storm crow, but 1 after it's release europe will have... two mario games and a handful of remakes for 3DS's 1st party games? I guess it could be worse, but even Gamecube had SSBM...

Looks like it's going to be just like Wii: play an old Zelda game and move to playing virtual console games for a year or two until the games you're waiting for are out.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Anyone else really hope we get either Culdcept, that weird Sensible Soccer-looking game, or Tomodachi Collection in the west? You can keep your JRPGs... just give me some Miis having a baby and I'm good.

Victoria

Victoria said:

The games I'm wanting most (and the reason I bought a 3DS) are still TBA. :( I love my 3DS, but I reallllly wish Animal Crossing was coming up soon.

@LittleIrves - I also wish we could get that Tomodachi Collection. But I don't think it's gonna happen.

stipey

stipey said:

@LittleIrves
Maybe, just MAYBE we'll get Culdcept, after the kicking NoA will have been given after such a terrible year, but I'm absolutely sure that Tomodachi will stay away.

I never thought I'd say this regarding a Nintendo console, but thank the gods for third parties!

edhe

edhe said:

@47drift That's a harsh response for an honest mistake.

By the way, I am British, and am able to play Xenoblade.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

That is a horrific United States release schedule. So basically by June I might own 3 more 3DS titles, and I LIKE 3rd party games.

Where is my MONSTER HUNTER?!?!?!

And where are our 10 GBA Ambassador games?!

Hejiru

Hejiru said:

Fire Emblem is not listed anywhere on the USA list. OH GOD PLEASE NO.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@XCWarrior and everyone else: Keep in mind this is a list for investors, not gamers. This list seems to mostly focus on the Q4 schedule, i.e. holiday season. They'll probably compose another list for Q1 and Q2 later this year or early next year.

Kaura

Kaura said:

Not to jump to a conclusion, the lack of TBA Fire Emblem for the west IS a little worrying.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

Looking forward to a lot of upcoming 3DS games. Really hoping that Tekken Prime turns out ok.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

sigh at Animal Crossing and Paper Mario being TBA in The US. C'mon, Nintendo. The prospect of having those two and Weejee's Mansion 2 in 2012 are all that's keepin' me goin' right now!

timp29

timp29 said:

I haven't played tekken since tag tournament days. I wonder if I will like this new edition?

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

I already went to court due to Gamestop refusing to refund me for MML3 and I got my money back and if the same thing happens to a game here that I preordered (Kid Icarus) then I hope I don't go back to court for my complaint!