NES Ambassador Games Available in Europe Now

Posted by James Newton

Update: Australia too!

It wasn't a very long wait for the 3DS games to make it to Europe today: they're available as you read this message. Gamers across Australia should also be able to pick them up too.

The line-up of 10 games is identical to that available elsewhere, so here's what's on the cards:

Here's how to download the games:

1 — Enter the eShop from the 3DS Home Menu. It's the icon with the bag on it.

2 — Scroll to the far left and select "Settings / Other".

3 — Scroll down and select "Your Downloads"

4 — The games will appear here once ready for download, alongside software you've already downloaded. You don't need to download these again, just the NES games.

4a — You may need to scroll right down the page and click "Next" if the NES games don't appear on your first page.

5 — Select the NES game you want to download, select Redownload.

6 — Select Download. Your NES game should now begin downloading!

Happy gaming.

DM666

DM666 said:

Not to sound ungrateful but is there a regular e-shop update today?

WhiteSpyderZero

WhiteSpyderZero said:

Definitely can't complain about 10 free games :)
However I can complain about Nintendo's insistence on sneaking Balloon Fight and Ice Climbers into everything!

This will definitely give me an excuse to play through Zelda 1 & 2 again, although I'm pretty much done with Super Mario Bros. at this point.

Looking forward to the GBA games a lot more then these, so hopefully we'll get an ETA on those soon.

Homer_Simpson

Homer_Simpson said:

I've been able to download them in Australia. For some reason they appeared on the 2nd page of the 'Titles You've Downloaded' tab. Nintendo really needs a better way of distributing these so everyone they're available to knows about them.

tardis10

tardis10 said:

Not everyone is happy - I need the registration tool, due to difficulty with my system. Bought before Aug. 12th, Have receipt - don't have free games yet

James

James said:

They were on the first page for me but I haven't downloaded much for the eShop!

ChibiJib

ChibiJib said:

HOLY COW!!! ALL THOSE LITTLE SQUARES ON THE HOME MENU ON THE 3DS WHERE YOU STORE YOUR SOFTWARE HAS DOUBLED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FOUND THAT OUT AFTER I DOWNLOADED ALL MY NES GAMES!!!!!!!

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

@James I think that we're also getting another Virtual Console game today, like Pac-Man (Gameboy), 3-D Classics: Twinbee or something along those lines.

BenAV

BenAV said:

And finally the games have reached Australia.
Now everyone can be happy (I think). :)
Time to download these then back to Xenoblade.

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

WooHoo - they appeared sometime in the last hour!
Probably 5:00PM AEST.
Where they appear in the "Titles You've Downloaded" section is subject to how many downloads - including game trailers - you've already had.

Wildfire

Wildfire said:

Already played today some of the 10 games like Super Mario bros, Metroid and...Mario and Yoshy!! It's great to be an ambassador! :)

timp29

timp29 said:

Yay, got games! Now if only I had the time to play them. Note to self, burn down university... muah ha ha haaa

edhe

edhe said:

Not only have NoE not released the ambassador tool yet, but they've removed all mention of it in the about page as well.

But I can get them anyway. There's my confirmation.

AdmiralBucock

AdmiralBucock said:

Are the NES games all 60hz on the 3DS? I would assume they are given there is no technical reason for them to be 50hz, although that didn't stop Sony making PS1 games 50hz on the PSP.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I really wish Nintendo would remember more often of one of my favorite NES games: "Ice Hockey".

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

@AdmiralBucock
From what I can tell, they're all PAL versions. Super Mario is painfully slow, I really don't understand why they didn't just give us the NTSC versions, rather than go to the extra effort to give us worse versions :/

SullKid

SullKid said:

Why did they have to make controls a mess like they were on Wii Classic Controller too? I mean, it's extremely hard to play Mario if you want to hold B-button to run... Why couldn't they be like they were on SNES controller. Totally unplayable :(

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

it's (not so) funny how Nintendo changed the definition of who the AMbassadors were once Walmart and others dropped prices early.. at first ( just before price drop) it was intended for those who paid the higher price... now thier press just says (in a very general term) that it is for 'early adoptors' of the 3ds. That move just screws the early higher paying people into being LATE adoptors for the next console, if they buy it at all. I'm not bashing Nintendo just calling it like I see it.

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

What is this Ambassadors Certificate at the bottom in this menu all about ? ps CAN ANYONE THAT WORKS FOR THIS SITE GET CONFIRMATION AND ASK NINTENDO if these Nes Ambassador games are 50hz or 60hz ? thx

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

any news on the tool to register for the ambassadors program for those who bought early, but no longer have their original 3DS? mine had to be replaced around the 20th.

Joco84

Joco84 said:

Anyone know how to play a game like Zelda, quit the game and play something else, then rejoin Zelda at the same point you were before?

Is this possible with the lack of Restore Session?

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

They seem to be running at the correct speed of the 60Hz versions to me. The confusion over SMB may be due to the music in the original PAL version running way too fast!

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

@Highwinter
Ew, really? I had no idea the PAL version was slow in the first place...

Heck, I never beat SMB :3
I should get on that now that I have the game on a handheld. Hope Nintendo brings the whole VC NES games to 3DS like they did with DSiware. And hopefully, SNES too.

I really want the border of NES games to be a retro television lol

oliej

oliej said:

Just been playing Zelda II: The Adventure of Link on the 3ds it's such a hard game but good

Pj1

Pj1 said:

@ SullKid My thoughts exactly, the only Mario bros worth playing is the Mario All Stars version.

I've downloaded all the games apart from gold and Donkey Kong Jr, I downloaded Mario but it took me three attempts to finish the first level!!

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

It's great that we got the 10 games but is anyone else having trouble with metroid. I had to download it 4 or 5 time because I either got a loading error where it would just loop the 3ds loading screen before you play a game or the black screen of death. Same thing happened once with super mario brothers. :/

george737

george737 said:

Totaly disapointed with this Ambassador program.I already own Mario Bros on my wii and the rest of the games are not a reason to buy a 3DS to play them for 270,00€.I believe that offering 10 games that may total 20 € max doesnt really copensate for the 100€ reduction.IIt was not my intension to purchase a 3d device in order to play 20+ year old games.
Nintendo should offer to the Ambassadors (even the name is as rediculus as their 10 game policy) 1 original 3ds title.I am sure lots of early 3DS owners would appreciate this than playing 1985 Metroid.

Traxx

Traxx said:

Most of those games aged awefully. Only the mario puzzle game and SMB are worth playing these days.
Hopefully the GBA selection will be pure win for us all.
Besides, the ambasador integration is amuzingly none-professional. I mean, C'mon, just contact all those ambassador 3DS' automatically. Downloading a video just for telling me I need to activate the messanger?! Going to the download history to get your free games? Really Nintendo? Is this the best you can do with the 3DS' connectivity?

multivit

multivit said:

totally agree, Traxx, that 4 minute video with one simple message was really strange indeed....