Nintendo Download: 18th August 2011 (Europe)

Posted by James Newton

Stretching the word "classic"

Europe gets its third 3D Classic this week, letting console owners indulge in a little three-dimensional fighting in the street. Elsewhere there's a bit of air traffic control, some Asian farming and extreme off-roading. Come with us, but look out for any manholes.

3DS eShop

3D Classics: Urban Champion (Nintendo, €5) — The NES brawler is given a new 3D look to bring it into the modern day. There's local multiplayer if you and a friend both purchase the game too. We'll take a swing at a review this week.

WiiWare

Flight Control (Firemint, 500pts) — The classic guiding-airplanes-in-to-land game makes it to WiiWare after years of circling the runway. After Flight Control DSiWare and Flight Control HD on PlayStation Move, will the WiiWare version be economy or first class? We'll see how it fares later this week.

DSiWare

Moto eXtreme (Chillingo, 800pts) — Motorcycle platforming doesn't sound like a brilliant merge of genres, but that's what you get with this two-stroke package. Read our Moto eXtreme review to see if it's eXcellent or eXcrement.

My Asian Farm (BiP Media, 200pts) — A Far East-themed slice of field-tilling action, this game launched in North America so we'll have a full review for you pretty shortly.

Will any of these fine titles be getting near your money this week?

Related Games

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Shameless Movemodo link. :P

That's cool that old games can have multiplayer if they're 3D Classics. So...3D Classics Pokemon Red, please?

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

3DSWare and no 3DS Virtual Console. And people say my predictions are wrong.

Monsti

Monsti said:

I hope that Urban Champion thing is going to be good. I like the 3D Classics so far.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

They wouldn't release 3DSWare and a Virtual Console game in the same week. Why? Because that would require some effort.

Omega

Omega said:

Nice to see a new WiiWare title in Europe. Unfortunately I'm not that much interested in "Flight Control". But next week comes "Aya and the Cubes of Light". That's more like my kind of game.

Savino

Savino said:

This game was awfull back them... don´t understand why nintendo brought it up!

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

I love the trailer of 3D Classics: Urban Champion, but considering it's reputation, I'll wait for a review. I love Flight Control on DSiWare. So this have to be something special will I pick it up. The other two DSiWare titles, don't really sound that interesting.

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

I sure hope Nintendo releases 3D Classics: Urban Champion in America this week and nothing else.

kitroplious

kitroplious said:

Heh, my prediction will be NO 3DS VC and only 3D Classics: Urban Champion which means Double Dragon will miss out again!

Although, we'll really find out on Thursday. :)

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

I sure hope that Nintendo releases anything but 3D Classics: Urban Champion in America this week.

Oregano

Oregano said:

Yeh, Urban Champion isn't a good game but the 3D update looks pretty damn good... the presentation I mean.

Scary_Old_Lady

Scary_Old_Lady said:

Nope, nothing I want...
25/8/11 better be good, Official Nintendo Magazine says Rolling western is out in August, that's almost a definite release!

Blaze

Blaze said:

Come on 3DSWare, we've only had one game since the launch of the thing, give us a good game and we'll give you our money!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

It takes more than a few months to produce a good 3DSWare game. Quality takes time.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

@Pj1 i don`t think well be seeing a return of wii vc any time soon. considering the piss poor start to the 3ds vc.
i would have thought that there would have been a shed load of games waiting for 3ds vc to begin with, but sadly nope. obviously nintendo are still handling these things pretty badly.

Collz

Collz said:

No 3DS Virtual console & a poor 3D "classic" !!!
Wheres Super Mario Land 2 or Tetris?

iphys

iphys said:

Lol, I can't imagine anyone willing to throw away their money on Urban Champion is seriously going to tell a friend to throw away their money so they can play each other. Even the original you could play on your NES with only one copy. It should have been download play.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Flight control is decent and I already have it on dsiware. Nothing for me. Poor week except for the wiiware game

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

Urban Champion looks like it plays similar to the game and watch title 'Boxing', which could be ok. I really like the way this update looks.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

@cerealkiller528 i`ve played urban champion on the nes. and the whole "it sucks" thing going on is totally justified.
as for the 3ds version, people, atleast wait for the review before bashing the gane. the 3d element may be it`s saving grace. actualy, scratch that. no amount of polish could save this failure of a game.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

'Will any of these fine titles be getting near your money this week?'

Hell no!

As far as Urban Champion goes, you can polish a turd all you like but it'll still just be a shiny turd.

craigmoss19

craigmoss19 said:

Urban Championship doesn't deserve to be called a classic. Now, if they did something like the original Metroid or Zelda as a 3D Classic, I'd be interested.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

The 3D Classics so far have been a joy. Urban Champion sounds like my type of game, so I'll definitely pick this one up if it comes to NA.

Jecht-Sama

Jecht-Sama said:

This is not fair i dont want urban champions or mario picross or anything like that i want Gargoyle Quest 1 , 2 and Demon Crest

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

The 3D effect in Urban Champion looks quite good, but the gameplay looks quite dull, so I'll pass on it.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

Urban Champion would have been a must buy if it included download multiplayer. I still feel compelled to buy the game despite all the criticisms, but I'll wait for a review first.

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

Nothing of any interest there.

Fingers crossed that Flipnote Memo comes out soon. Next week would be good as I've seen Aug 25th mentioned on a few sites.

It won't matter what else comes out then because I'll be too busy with flipnote and my free downloads from the ambassador scheme.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Most likely not getting any of these games since if i decide to get Flight Control it will be on DSiWare.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

im saving my 10er till 2oclock but theres a few that i want already on eshop so either way im happy

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

@sillygostly - I really really wanted a 3dWWIItank game on the PCback in the day. The description made it sound promising, just what I wanted but the reviews I'd read (and this was in the pre-Internet 486 and Pentium days) said it was the pits.
Undaunted, I forked out seventy bucks on the promise on the back of the box and high expectations believing that this just wasn't the reviewers' "thing".
It was the shiniest 70-dollar turd I ever bought... I just wish I could remember the name but I think I have the kind of amnesia that comes from being traumatised by the realisation that you actually paid for a really shyte game, having ignored all warnings...

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

August 25th is my birthday! COME ON NINTENDO. Flipnote Memo for my birthday - Please?

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

I just tried Urban Champion. It's not very good, but it is fun for a small while. I like the personality the game has, too.
It feels like the boxing game included in Game and Watch Gallery 4. I actually preferred the boxing game than Urban Champion to be honest.

TheAmazingRaccoon

TheAmazingRaccoon said:

it would be cool if the next my farm game was My Moisture Farm (on Tatooine)

EDIT: this is our first week without VC since the Eshop began