Let's Create! Pottery on DSiWare This Week

Posted by James Newton

Demi Moore nowhere in sight

We've seen tattooing in Art of Ink, music creation in Rytmik and cosmetics in Make Up & Style, but DSiWare's appetite for unusual games is insatiable. Surely Infinite Dreams' Thursday release Let's Create! Pottery will go some way to plugging a hole, though.

The 500 Point title promises "eye-catching gorgeous 3D graphics" and "tons of relaxing moments" as you throw some clay on the potter's wheel, then sculpt and glaze it to your very own design.

It's out in North America on Thursday, with a release in Europe to follow soon. We'll see if it's a piece of art or a total crock in our review coming soon.

LET’S CREATE! POTTERY' SOON AVAILABLE ON THE NINTENDO DSi!

Gliwice, Poland - Infinite Dreams, award-winning games publisher today announced the release of 'Let's Create! Pottery' for the Nintendo DSi™ handheld system. It's first video game on Nintendo DSi™ produced by Infinite Dreams which soon will be available for download at the Nintendo DSi™ Shop.

One of the most innovative app on iOS and Android devices finally spinning its way to DSiWare™ and offers high-resolution, eye-catching gorgeous 3D graphics, intuitive and fun control system and tons of relaxing moments. The North America premiere was set on 25th of August, 2011. Later this year 'Let’s Create! Pottery' will hit the European markets as well.

Rated “E” for Everyone by the ESRB, 'Let's Create! Pottery' is a family-friendly videogame offering a fun experience to all. Become a true artist and create "one of a kind" pottery items. Throw the clay on the wheel, release all your artistic talents and take benefit of dozens of materials available in order to create your own design! Even when you glaze and fire your very first pot you will feel accomplished and relaxed as pottery is the best way to relieve your everyday stress and find your inner peace. An amazing, therapeutic and uplifting experience you can enjoy with your family and friends!

It is worth pointing out that 'Let’s Create! Pottery' was number one app in the Entertainment category of App Store in 50 countries including United States, United Kingdom, Japan and China. Until today game has been downloaded over 2'000'000 times!

Pricing and Availability:

Let’s Create! Pottery will be available through the following portals:

• The DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL for 500 DSi Points
  • The Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS for $4.99 USD.

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

Will Patrick Swayze's ghost come and help me out? I'm not very good with pottery making.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Uh .... Okay? It has a chance of turning pretty cool if you can get creative though.

Samholy

Samholy said:

hahaha this is one weird title.
ill get this one for use, just for the weird factor.

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

"eye-catching 3D graphics"

With the 3DS its about time the phrase '3D' was banned from being used to describe a non-3D DSiWare game!

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

wow, seems interesting... i love how we are sometimes thrown a unique title like this, nothing else like it... let's hope it does well. waiting on the review ;)

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

@22 Every IOS port for DSi/3DS has been grossly overpriced. This is what happens when Nintendo gets the final say on price.

This is Nintendo not devaluing games, by overpricing the mediocre.

Taya

Taya said:

This actually looks kind of neat. $5.00 is a little expensive but I may buy it anyway.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

This is actually quite a brilliant idea. How is it possible that no one ever came up with this. I hope that they manage to add some sort of game in there. Instead of making the pots of course.

Thwiidscube

Thwiidscube said:

Um... no thanks! I'm sure there's a lot better games I can get with $5. I don't even like pottery anyway. :P

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Is it weird that I feel like I want this? From what I've seen it looks pretty good. Depending on how creative one is able to get and how much variation one can put on their work, it could be a very cool piece of software. I kind of wish this was 3DSWare though....it would be nice to view your finished work in full 3D.

TheChosen

TheChosen said:

I'd buy it if there's an option to make a room full of your own pots, then have Link to smash them all with various ways.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

I just got done watching some videos and reading/watching some impressions and reviews of the ios version. I think I'll take a chance on this come Thursday...as long as it isn't severely diced up and different from the original version. So i'll still sit and wait for a couple hours just in case it is cut down...but its almost certainly a buy for me :)

Mowzle2

Mowzle2 said:

I think it might be interesting, in a sub Art Academy way, though my first reaction was disappointment that it wouldn't make the actual pot for you :P
Hopefully we'll get a review before it comes to Europe.