Former Pussycat Doll Brings Glamour to GoldenEye Soundtrack

Posted by James Newton

Pussy(cat) Galore

Aside Famke Janssen's deadly Xenia Onatopp and the N64 game, the next best thing about GoldenEye was Tina Turner's brassy theme tune, a classic slice of slinky yet bombastic Bond music that's as good as any theme in the series. Now it's getting a modern touch-up thanks to former Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger.

Activision's latest behind the scenes video lifts the curtain on the game's music, showcasing footage of an orchestra recording the John Barry's seminal strains alongside a gameplay montage. There's also a short sample of Miss Scherzinger's best Tina Turner impression on her rendition of the theme tune.

GoldenEye 007 is out in North America today, with a European release to follow on Friday. Our best 00 Agents are investigating and we'll have a full and honest review very shortly.

Oregano

Oregano said:

nice@ the image.

She certainly does show off vocally even though she said that wasn't what it was about! Didn't know she could sing like that.

Cipher

Cipher said:

Love this woman - very happy to see her do a Bond theme, and do it justice at that.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Nice catch with the catch-line. :P

While she can can get some real high notes, I wonder if she can pull off the smooth vocals that Tina Turner had when she sang the song. It's all a matter of time with this game...

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

I noticed you cropped the image for the home page.
Perverts.
of course I guess I did click on this article, but nonetheless.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

Just to let eveyone know,
I did not click on this article because there was a hot babe on it.

YES I DID

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

After all the hype, Goldenboobs better be really funbags.
oops...looks like that picture got me distracted

Chris720

Chris720 said:

@TBD What does that even mean? :/

And I didn't click on this because of the hot babe wearing just a bra and thong.

And "Pussy galore", oh good grief... facepalm

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

The theme is actually really good! I bought the game today and was impressed at how well the remixed theme turned out. I like it a tad bit better than the original, to be honest.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Sounds good. Hope the game will be good as well. But I'm not buying anything before the first reviews are up. Still hate it that they use Craig instead of Brosnan.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

Nice Pic! I forgot to read the article though, what was it about...... scrolls back up to pic!

RyuZebian

RyuZebian said:

I only read the first part of the second word and looked at the picture. Looking at the actual article though, it was nice in another, more music related way... :) Beautiful... voice. Great theme. It feels more and more like a must have game imo!

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

That's cool and I'm glad they are going this far for the game, but I'll wait for the reviews.

James

James said:

Actually, the image displayed on the front page is cropped automatically, usually zooming into the middle of the picture. Nothing to do with me!

Golgo

Golgo said:

She does a good Tina Turner impression, fair play! I think she should do it all the time rather than singing in her normal voice.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Wow. And I thought I was the only pervert on here. Well, apart from YoshiSage.

RantingThespian

RantingThespian said:

The opening title sequence with the music is GREAT. It really is just like a Movie title sequence. Diving off the Damn, and then seeing the opening credits, perfect! Her singing is spot on, and the quality is excellent!

Also, the game . . . AMAZING!!!!!!! If you didn't get it yesterday, sell a kidney and get it today!

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

If it can't be Tina Turner, I guess I can settle for Nicole Scherzinger. I'll have to see how good the game itself is though.